Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Track | DanSeb - Closer | Melodic House | Cubasis 3

edited June 2022 in Creations

Hi,

Here's my latest track, fully produced in Cubasis 3. (Video made with FL Studio).

26 tracks in total (including 3 busses, for additional group processing) featuring the likes of Synthmaster 2, Magellan 2, Model D, Zeeon & PureAcid. 119 plugin effects in total (including the synths) with FabFilter effects dominating! (Just about hit the limits of the M1 iPad by the end!) Percussion is handled by multiple instances of FAC Drumkit.

The track was initially produced with a vocal sample, but I ended up muting it and switching to an instrumental mix, at an increased tempo.

Hope you enjoy, and any comments welcome.

Comments

• Very, very well done! I'm not a big fan of house music, but I appreciate top notch production, and this is superb. I am looking at your Cubasis layout, and I know that each little piece was thoughtfully placed there on purpose. This took some time to create. You put in the work and I respect that. If you get a few spare moments, please check out some of my projects. I would be most interested in your opinion. Great stuff, dude!

• @Paulieworld said:
    Very, very well done! I'm not a big fan of house music, but I appreciate top notch production, and this is superb. I am looking at your Cubasis layout, and I know that each little piece was thoughtfully placed there on purpose. This took some time to create. You put in the work and I respect that. If you get a few spare moments, please check out some of my projects. I would be most interested in your opinion. Great stuff, dude!

Thanks so much @Paulieworld! I enjoy all genres of music, but this seems to be the style I gravitate to when writing music myself. This did take some time - 58 totals sessions according to my project filename numbering system(!). Many tweaks and adjustments...

I'll hunt down some of your work and take a listen.

• phone speaker listen whilst sat on the toilet (sorry :o) reveals an exceptionally well made piece of electronica/house/techno.
      You've really put some effort into that and it shows. The CB3 screen grab is a work of art in itself.
  • @FPC said:

• phone speaker listen whilst sat on the toilet (sorry :o) reveals an exceptionally well made piece of electronica/house/techno.
      You've really put some effort into that and it shows. The CB3 screen grab is a work of art in itself.

Haha, well it is important to audition with multiple speakers & environments so I'm glad to hear that particular scenario sounds good! Yes, I quite liked the screengrab myself, which was why (in the absence of any other inspiration) I used it for the backdrop to the video!

Thanks @FPC !

• Yep joking aside all listening environments are crucial. Many folks on here implore your to listen through headphones and that's understandable but the truth is I doubt I would have bothered (no offense, there's just too much out there). Stood up really well to a phone speaker test - I'm sure the bass line is good - I have no idea!

Really good to hear another Cubasis producer too. FOMO means that I spend a great deal of time pontificating whether I should be using Drambo instead. You've proved that Cubasis is fine :)

• edited June 2022

Wow, you give new meaning to Mozaic. I love the art of Cubasis screens. I enjoy some of my midi representations.

• Fantastic!! Love it. Great break/drop in the middle. Here is my only problem with this!!! You are too organized!!! UUGG. My tracks are all over the place and you remind me that I need to name my tracks so I dont get lost in the process. LOL. Great stuff!!!!

• @FPC said:
    Yep joking aside all listening environments are crucial. Many folks on here implore your to listen through headphones and that's understandable but the truth is I doubt I would have bothered (no offense, there's just too much out there). Stood up really well to a phone speaker test - I'm sure the bass line is good - I have no idea!

Really good to hear another Cubasis producer too. FOMO means that I spend a great deal of time pontificating whether I should be using Drambo instead. You've proved that Cubasis is fine :)

I do own Drambo, but it just doesn't seem to suit my workflow - I prefer a more 'traditional' DAW, and that's why I've stuck with Cubasis - I just really wish it had ghost/clone patterns, and automation was a little more reliable... But otherwise, it's brilliant.

• @LinearLineman said:

Wow, you give new meaning to Mozaic. I love the art of Cubasis screens. I enjoy some of my midi representations.

I'd never really thought about the 'art' of this sort of thing, but you're right - that is some 'Pretty MIDI' you have there!

• @onerez said:
    Fantastic!! Love it. Great break/drop in the middle. Here is my only problem with this!!! You are too organized!!! UUGG. My tracks are all over the place and you remind me that I need to name my tracks so I dont get lost in the process. LOL. Great stuff!!!!

Haha, thanks Onerez, and you're right I do like to be organised! I've gradually built up a system where percussion is generally red, bass blue, synths green and vocals pink, but then everytime I make variations to a pattern, I start changing pattern colours to remember which is which, and it usually ends up looking like the screenshot above!

• Hey man! What a great track. Impressed!
    So we both dig into many cubasis projects and duplicate into infinity. Cubasis should implement subgroups to combine grouped tracks, thats my biggest downside.
    Your mastering is WOOOOW! Wondering about how you get to get that perfectly balanced mix, but we could get into this venture talk later on. For now, just enjoying your master piece! Well done 👍

• so it can be done! Quod erat demonstrandum!

This sounds absolutely brilliant! Praises will repeat if I go on. Chapeau of this wonderful artwork and track.
    I am highly impressed, sir!

• @Bob said:
    Hey man! What a great track. Impressed!
    So we both dig into many cubasis projects and duplicate into infinity. Cubasis should implement subgroups to combine grouped tracks, thats my biggest downside.
    Your mastering is WOOOOW! Wondering about how you get to get that perfectly balanced mix, but we could get into this venture talk later on. For now, just enjoying your master piece! Well done 👍

Thanks Bob! SubGroups would be nice, I agree. I'm always pleasantly surprised how often Cubasis gets updated - I've only had my iPad a year, and Cubasis has evolved so much in that period, so it's something we may yet see!

Appreciate the vote of confidence on the mastering side of things. I try to listen on as many different sound systems as possible, and often use referencing to try to achieve a balanced mix, but I'm never that confident in the final result, so thanks for that!

• @david_2017 said:
    so it can be done! Quod erat demonstrandum!

This sounds absolutely brilliant! Praises will repeat if I go on. Chapeau of this wonderful artwork and track.

Thanks very much David! (I will admit to using Google Translate on that one!)

• @DanSebPage said:

@Bob said:
    Hey man! What a great track. Impressed!

Thanks Bob! SubGroups would be nice, I agree. I'm always pleasantly surprised how often Cubasis gets updated - I've only had my iPad a year, and Cubasis has evolved so much in that period, so it's something we may yet see!

Appreciate the vote of confidence on the mastering side of things. I try to listen on as many different sound systems as possible, and often use referencing to try to achieve a balanced mix, but I'm never that confident in the final result, so thanks for that!

Agree on listening on dif systems. My bad room has krk with a low boost and I check on a separate sub as well. When I get things done I spend hours in my car to check if it sounds ok. Still, all my masterings dont please me to the fullest. I never use referrence tracks to match my own mix. I do all by personal fresh taste: if I aim for a same sound of a pro production: I get demotivated because they sound extremely good.
    Btw, I find edm music the hardest to mix and master. These days the standard level is top notch.

• First of all both of you @DanSebPage and @Bob your mixes are great!!! Bob you put too much pressure on yourself…. Everything that I have heard from you is solid!!!!!!!

• Wow this sounds awesome! Really liking everything from Arrangement, sound selection, mixing and finalization!
    I listened to your other songs and those are the types of songs I show to people then they questioning if it’s possible to make quality music on mobile devices. Well done 🙌🏻

• @Nathi94 said:
    Wow this sounds awesome! Really liking everything from Arrangement, sound selection, mixing and finalization!
    I listened to your other songs and those are the types of songs I show to people then they questioning if it’s possible to make quality music on mobile devices. Well done 🙌🏻

Thanks @Nathi94, that means a lot. With the quality of effects available on iOS (FabFilter, Evantide, Mixbox), along with 'desktop' quality synths like Synthmaster 2 & Zeeon, and the sheer processing power of the M1 iPad (all used in the above track), the gap between desktop & mobile production is rapidly disappearing!

• @onerez said:
    First of all both of you @DanSebPage and @Bob your mixes are great!!! Bob you put too much pressure on yourself…. Everything that I have heard from you is solid!!!!!!!

Your advice is gold, i have a condition, will try to keep easy, buddy! Work in progress. Yep

• @onerez said:
    First of all both of you @DanSebPage and @Bob your mixes are great!!! Bob you put too much pressure on yourself…. Everything that I have heard from you is solid!!!!!!!

Sorry, missed this yesterday. Thanks onerez!

I agree, Bob's track Yunuen sounded very professional to my ears, which was why I was pleased to see we were using the same plugins.

• @Bob said:

@onerez said:

Your advice is gold, i have a condition, will try to keep easy, buddy! Work in progress. Yep

I think it's common to feel our own mixes aren't as good as others, it must have something to do with knowing the track so intimately, that you kind of lose perspective on things. I often feel other people's tracks sound more 'professional' than mine too, and I genuinely did think Yunuen sounded great!

• Haha, and I admit this may be the only thing I remember from my math class back in the 90s haha

Bottom line: wonderful art made on an iPad! Keep up the good work!

@DanSebPage said:

@david_2017 said:
    so it can be done! Quod erat demonstrandum!

Thanks very much David! (I will admit to using Google Translate on that one!)