Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Could be nice but I suspect a starting price > $1999

• edited June 2022

Would be nice but probably too pricey at first there are touchscreen laptops for windows and the good ones all cost over1000

• @Samu said:
    Could be nice but I suspect a starting price > $1999

I'll get the popcorn ready for when they say "and now...Logic......for ipad*"

(* requires 14" ipad)
    (* Requires 1tb storage)

• It makes sense now that the iPad's UI will have lots of windows.

• Is that smaller or bigger than the mini?

• Same size, but 28 times thicker.

• Yes please!!!

• I could increase my GeoShred frets from 16 to 22! I’ll start saving today 💰

• edited June 2022

Yes definitely, they need to do this for more pro studio use,12.9 is too small for constant use throughout the day for most things.
    In fact this could be my next ipad, it's what I hoped would happen. It will be basically be a similar size as the current 1st and second gen ipad 12.9, just with bigger screen.

• But why Apple doesn't produce MacBook Pro with a touchscreen...

• @cuscolima said:
    But why Apple doesn't produce MacBook Pro with a touchscreen...

Because they want you to buy an ipad :)

• For me the new iPad Pro XL can gladly be 15” and more ”Pro” - 2x Thunderbolt 4.x and one USB-A - AND, a return of the analog 3.5mm audioport!

• edited June 2022

I'm pretty sure that the next high-end iPad will have the name iPad Pro Studio or simply iPad Studio.
    Then M2, 2 x Thunderbolt and the return of the 3.5mm port are certainly possible.

• How about a 16” iPad Pro, featuring the triumphant return of the 1/8” audio jack?

• Interesting, but I already find the 11-inch more comfortable than the 12.9-inch for my day-to-day usage

• @NeuM said:
    How about a 16” iPad Pro, featuring the triumphant return of the 1/8” audio jack?

just go for broke already an make one of these...but leave off the headphone jack, cause thats how they're gonna roll.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@NeuM said:
    How about a 16” iPad Pro, featuring the triumphant return of the 1/8” audio jack?

just go for broke already an make one of these...but leave off the headphone jack, cause thats how they're gonna roll.

I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to that kind of form factor (I think Apple could do it better, but the idea is there).

• edited June 2022

Ive used one. I didnt mind it at all. Still a bit too pricey, even on the used market for me to commit purchasing one. I also dunno how reliable they are are. I.E. what their service track record has been.

I didnt use the touch when it was upright, but down, it was pretty clutch.

• edited June 2022

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    Ive used one. I didnt mind it at all. Still a bit too pricey, even on the used market for me to commit purchasing one. I also dunno how reliable they are are. I.E. what their service track record has been.

I didnt use the touch when it was upright, but down, it was pretty clutch. And dragging your finger 18" to draw automation is pretty fun. Almost like conducting.

• Screw it, let’s have a thicker ipad pro with a 1/4” jack ftw

Could fit loads in the extra space thus created… Think of the potential savings on peripherals!

• Hoping for an XLR on the iphone 14 personally

• Instabuy

• If it comes with multiple usb inputs and a headphone Jack, I’ll preorder it day one. Here’s hoping they’ll go all out and actually make it pro level with pro features. Looks like I need to hold off upgrading my iPad for a few months and see what happens.

• I suspect it will be micron thin, with a huge screen and fancy graphics processing, applecoin crypto connectivity etc

Audio shmaudio

• Using TC-Data on a larger screen? Sounds good to me.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    Using TC-Data on a larger screen? Sounds good to me.

I wish TC had a larger community. Seeing OPP (Other Peoples Patches) would help wrap my head around it and how to utilize it.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@DavidEnglish said:

I wish TC had a larger community. Seeing OPP (Other Peoples Patches) would help wrap my head around it and how to utilize it.

Yeah I guess because it’s not as versatile or “all in one” as koala or something. Would be cool though. It’s a great app.

• @HotStrange said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@DavidEnglish said:

Yeah I guess because it’s not as versatile or “all in one” as koala or something. Would be cool though. It’s a great app.

Not sure I follow. TC-Data is a touch OSCish controller app.