Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Cup of Tea / SWAM Bansuri

edited June 2022 in Creations

I’m liking this one. Getting the hang of the SWAM Bass Flute Bansuri preset. Also appreciating TeraSynth Pro more and more. Enabling multi core in Cubasis has solved the dsp overload issue I was having with it. Additionally, BeatHawk Total Bass and PurePiano.

I seem to use PurePiano a bit more than Ravenscroft these days. I would have to elect it my favorite iOS piano so far.

Comments

• That bansuri is my favorite SWAM factory patch.

• It sounds great. I think the SWAM apps have really been some of the gamechangiest of the gamechangers the last couple of years.

Very nice and meditative piece.

• Thx for listening @JudasZimmerman. Not sure ifvthey’re a game changer, but it’s great to have them. Polyphonic would be better, of course.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thx for listening @JudasZimmerman. Not sure ifvthey’re a game changer, but it’s great to have them. Polyphonic would be better, of course.

At least they're now part of my Demo Suite of apps I show people that are (or pretend to be slightly) interested in the idea of mobile music-making (with Koala, Samplr, Moog D, Zeeon if they haven't walked away yet). "And these are not samples!". Especially with a breath controller. Wish they would work on a phone.

Polyphonic: With Polythemus and multiple AUv3 instances, you have that too!

• I found this one to be very soothing. I was drinking my morning coffee, feeling my usual pre-work dread and after listening a couple of minutes I felt my mood lightened. Very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

• At around 1:00 I was thinking of Bennie Golson's Killer Joe, then the bass flute came in and took it in an entirely different direction. Can you talk a bit more about enabling multi core? That sounds like something that would be useful to know. Nice song!

• edited June 2022

Well, that’s so good @MadeofWax. Strangely, my music has been used in therapeutic situations, ICUs, funerals, bone healing, etc. Glad it’s just soothing in your case.

@Paulieworld i was having issues with TeraSynth Pro pinning the dsp consistrntly even with a single instance. My 2016 pro doesn’t have multi core, but on forum advice I enabled it in Cubasis settings. It solved the problem it seems. Thx for listening, bud.
    Btw, I listened to Killer Joe and I’m not sure of the connection. Sounds way different to me.

• You're never one to rest on his laurels. A nice switch after some of your more energetic stuff.

• Thanks for paying attention @Stochastically. Very much appreciated, my friend.

• This piece is so amazing it’s even more reason for me to buy the SWAM Instruments when I have the money it’s so amazing how realistic they sound
    I remember usingflute apps on iPad a couple of years ago but they didn’t sound that realistic okay but not as good as this

• The flute sounds great but i was hooked with just the meditative chords/bass. I am a big fan of BH total bass; which of the acoustic basses are you using there?

• @amethystswitch thanks for liking it and commenting. The SWAMs are wonderful tools, indeed. My favs are the tenor sax, Flug, Tenor trombone, trumpet and this one. I imagine they’ll be a sale sometime soon. People like the GroSWAMs, too.

@lukesleepwalker it’s Double Bass Short. First time I used it. I played the chords first. So they were complete, I think, in themselves. Then added the flute. Thx for listening, mate.

• Great stuff as always! I think Pure Piano is my favorite iOS piano as well. Sounds wonderful.

• Thanks @HotStrange. I agree about PurePiano. My only disappointment is that it doesn’t have presets. The best for that, IMO, is KORG American D. I know there’s the infinitely malleable main screen, but I never seem to find a sound I really like beyond the default. I need expert knob teizzlers to dial in a great jazz piano, or a concert grand.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @HotStrange. I agree about PurePiano. My only disappointment is that it doesn’t have presets. The best for that, IMO, is KORG American D. I know there’s the infinitely malleable main screen, but I never seem to find a sound I really like beyond the default. I need expert knob teizzlers to dial in a great jazz piano, or a concert grand.

I haven’t tried the Korg American D yet. That and Ravenscroft are the only 2 biggies I don’t have. I actually really like the piano in Keys of the 70s, it’s probably my second favorite. Or the grand piano in the Numa Player. Surprisingly good.

It would be nice if PP had presets. Here’s hoping maybe in an update.