Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Getaway (and funny Youtube copyright claim)

I'm calling it "Getaway"

It got some sort of copyright claim... for a Christian rock song named "If You Want To Lead Me To Jesus", released by Sony Brazil :D

The one I posted before on the daily screen capture jams thread had no claims :)

I guess the chord progression I'm using is common, and it does sound identical or at least almost identical in the first 30 seconds. I've never heard that song in my life, but I still feel like a plagiarizer lol:

Comments

• Grover Levy… my Christian uncle! Ridiculous copyright claim, IMHO.

• Nice ‘n punchy. :)

Your bit of god bother seems like another attempt by an algorithm to copyright a chord progression… Trouble with this sort of thing is that it is only the Big Boys and copyright ambulance chasers who have the means to pursue these unjustified claims. Pretty ridiculous.

Just waiting for the day someone tries to make a copyright claim against one of my noises… What are you laughing at? It could happen… :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    Nice ‘n punchy. :)

Thanks!

Your bit of god bother seems like another attempt by an algorithm to copyright a chord progression… Trouble with this sort of thing is that it is only the Big Boys and copyright ambulance chasers who have the means to pursue these unjustified claims. Pretty ridiculous.

Just waiting for the day someone tries to make a copyright claim against one of my noises… What are you laughing at? It could happen… :)

First time it happened to me, but I haven't uploaded much haha.

@LinearLineman said:
    Grover Levy… my Christian uncle! Ridiculous copyright claim, IMHO.

I wasn't going to monetize this anyway, but just on principle I opted to dispute it. I don't have high hopes though.

• edited June 2022

I used to do guitar cover songs on YouTube, but grew very weary of these copyright claims even though I sort of took them as compliments sometimes. I mean if it was just me, with my guitar only, covering someone else’s song, I must have been doing a pretty good job to trip their copyrighted material alarms!

Nowadays, I strictly stick with original material only.

Btw, I like yours better! 😉

• Som> @Edward_Alexander said:

I used to do guitar cover songs on YouTube, but grew very weary of these copyright claims even though I sort of took them as compliments sometimes. I mean if it was just me, with my guitar only, covering someone else’s song, I must have been doing a pretty good job to trip their copyrighted material alarms!

Nowadays, I strictly stick with original material only.

Yeah. I've heard Rick Beato complain in some videos about the same thing. I found this video today as well, so it seems to happen with some regularity:

Btw, I like yours better! 😉

Thanks!

• Really nice song did you do the guitar piece with your own guitar or which app did you use
    I am still out hunting for a nice sounding guitar apps that’s why I am asking

• edited June 2022

@amethystswitch said:
    Really nice song did you do the guitar piece with your own guitar or which app did you use
    I am still out hunting for a nice sounding guitar apps that’s why I am asking

Thanks!

For the backing guitar I used Riffler's audio with ToneStack Pro (Rifffler uses guitar samples). For the melody, I used OB-XD's rock unison preset with a preset from ToneStack Pro as well. It does sound very guitarrish to me :)

I don’t know how to play guitar so used Riffler as a sort of instrument. I plunked some notes on a keyboard to figure out a progression, and then I specified that in Riffler. I had to play a bit with the generator settings and the measure locking functionality: generate the riff -> lock the measures that sound how I want them -> generate the remaining measures -> repeat.

I think that Riffler will have an update where you can edit notes, so in the future it may be easier to use as an instrument.

For the drums I ended up using XDrummer midi tracks because I couldn't hack it on my own. I also used Riffler as a midi generator for the bass (using the same chord progressions, but different expression). Since I had no idea of how I wanted the bass to sound, I let Riffler take more control until I heard something I liked.