Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred Questions

Comments

• edited June 2022

@moForte

Weird bug and also a feature request.

1) Bug: I have GS IAA and iTabla loaded into AUM. GS patch is the carnatic flute. When I am playing it it spontaneously opens iTabla. When I come back to GS, the keyboard is solid black, and I have to change patches to get the kb back.

At first I thought maybe I was hitting the iTabla icon on the control bar, but that's not it. I am playing at the top of the kb, nowhere near the control bar.

Version 591721

2) Feature request: I would prefer to have my own GeoSWAM patches save to the same folder the factory SWAMs are in. So when I modify a GeoFlute patch, I want to save it with the factory geoflutes, and have it appear in the same menu.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    @moForte

Weird bug and also a feature request.

1) Bug: I have GS IAA and iTabla loaded into AUM. GS patch is the carnatic flute. When I am playing it it spontaneously opens iTabla. When I come back to GS, the keyboard is solid black, and I have to change patches to get the kb back.

At first I thought maybe I was hitting the iTabla icon on the control bar, but that's not it. I am playing at the top of the kb, nowhere near the control bar.

You might have GeoShred MIDI routed to iTabla and it's responding to MIDI coming from GeoShred.

Version 591721

2) Feature request: I would prefer to have my own GeoSWAM patches save to the same folder the factory SWAMs are in. So when I modify a GeoFlute patch, I want to save it with the factory geoflutes, and have it appear in the same menu.

We purposely don't save user presets to the factory setlists.

If you want to have all of your GeoSWAM presets in the same location, then you can create your own setlists with the presets that you would like using

Menu> Setlists

• Is there any way to search Presets by name? Any any way to approximate folders of presets?

• No search facility @des1303 but you can place presets into user definable setlists which I guess are in effect folders. The GeoShred Help explains show to use them and there’s an old video,here…

• I maybe have a stupid question but are the GeoSwam included or do I have to pay extra and how many preset sounds are included without having to pay for expansion packs

• @amethystswitch said:
    I maybe have a stupid question but are the GeoSwam included or do I have to pay extra and how many preset sounds are included without having to pay for expansion packs

They cost extra per instrument type. The ones I bought have 12-15 factory patches. It's easy to change them by editing the fx chain. Sometimes I turn it off and use external fx.

@amethystswitch said:
    I maybe have a stupid question but are the GeoSwam included or do I have to pay extra and how many preset sounds are included without having to pay for expansion packs

They cost extra per instrument type. The ones I bought have 12-15 factory patches. It's easy to change them by editing the fx chain. Sometimes I turn it off and use external fx.

That is correct the IAPs are for each instrument. Each instrument comes with roughly 12 presets and if you have Pro you can create your own presets.

• edited June 2022

@GeoTony said:
    No search facility @des1303 but you can place presets into user definable setlists which I guess are in effect folders. The GeoShred Help explains show to use them and there’s an old video,here…

That's correct. We don't have search yet, but it's on our list for medium term. The setlist editor is the same as described in the video.

One additional comment. "All Presets" is an unordered pool of presets. We never intended for this to be how you navigate presets. The Setlists (which are banks) is the primary mechanism to explore the presets. Its analogous to an unordered list of songs that you can use to create playlists.

You may wonder why we don't sort "All Presets". We don't sort this because the AUv3 parameter tree stores Setlist:Preset as numbers and NOT strings. Thus if we moved the location of a preset in All Presets, then projects for DAWs like GarageBand or Cubasis would load the wrong preset after a re-order.

• @moForte said:

@GeoTony said:
    No search facility @des1303 but you can place presets into user definable setlists which I guess are in effect folders. The GeoShred Help explains show to use them and there’s an old video,here…

That's correct. We don't have search yet, but it's on our list for medium term. The setlist editor is the same as described in the video.

One additional comment. "All Presets" is an unordered pool of presets. We never intended for this to be how you navigate presets. The Setlists (which are banks) is the primary mechanism to explore the presets. Its analogous to an unordered list of songs that you can use to create playlists.

You may wonder why we don't sort "All Presets". We don't sort this because the AUv3 parameter tree stores Setlist:Preset as numbers and NOT strings. Thus if we moved the location of a preset in All Presets, then projects for DAWs like GarageBand or Cubasis would load the wrong preset after a re-order.

I have more than 400 patches in my all presets folder. Having to scroll through all 400+ of them in order to sort them into a set list I don’t want or need is annoying. Much better if they could just stay in the folder where I originally created them and want them to be.

I have more than 400 patches in my all presets folder. Having to scroll through all 400+ of them in order to sort them into a set list I don’t want or need is annoying. Much better if they could just stay in the folder where I originally created them and want them to be.

Or prompt for which setlist to put it into as soon as it is created ?

• @moForte

1) What is the little blue light blinking to the right of the “octave” label? Does it indicate cpu overload?

2) The global scale setting does not apply to the resonator’s scale. Can this be fixed?

@moForte

1) What is the little blue light blinking to the right of the “octave” label? Does it indicate cpu overload?

That is the indicator that you are sending MIDI Messages.

2) The global scale setting does not apply to the resonator’s scale. Can this be fixed?

We are working on global tuning for an upcoming release. I will add this to things to look at.

• Is it possible to disable the strings that go over the keyboard? Personally I find them visually irritating.

• @catherder said:
    Is it possible to disable the strings that go over the keyboard?

Can you explain in a little more detail what you’re describing?

• edited January 2023

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@catherder said:

The keyboard part of the GS UI has these thick lines that are probably meant to resemble guitar strings. I find them irritating and ugly. They cut the pads in half and make the note labels look like the electromechanical flip digit displays we had on train stations before the invention of the LCD.

BTW: I use GS Control with pro upgrade.

• Don’t think there’s a way to do it @catherder

• @catherder said:

@catherder said:

The keyboard part of the GS UI has these thick lines that are probably meant to resemble guitar strings. I find them irritating and ugly. They cut the pads in half and make the note labels look like the electromechanical flip digit displays we had on train stations before the invention of the LCD.

I never noticed those before, but I’m not too visually oriented. I think we’re stuck with them. You might want to look into Velocity KB. It’s a similar controller but with a different look.

@catherder said:

@catherder said:

I never noticed those before, but I’m not too visually oriented. I think we’re stuck with them. You might want to look into Velocity KB. It’s a similar controller but with a different look.

Thanks for the suggestions. Velocity KB looks great, but I found another solution that was already in my app collection: Tonality chord pads is highly configurable and has the simplistic look I like for that kind of app.

• @moForte said:

We are working on global tuning for an upcoming release. I will add this to things to look at.

Would still love to see this. Also, it would be good to have a global kb layout. When I change patches going from a fourths layout to one of the Naada patches in fifths it is disconcerting. I need it not to change during a performance!

• Is there a way to set the lowest note on the keyboard?

• edited April 2023

Would love to see more bass instruments of Swam caliber, bowed, fretted, fretless, synth, P-Bass, Jazz bass, Rick, etc.

• edited April 2023

• Don’t think so @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr , I asked Pat this a while ago in the context of the SWAM instruments and the answer was 👎

• Have you tried the Total Bass pack in BeatHawk @UrbanNinja , they are pretty good and have all the things you’ve mentioned (from memory)

• @GeoTony said:
    Don’t think so @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr , I asked Pat this a while ago in the context of the SWAM instruments and the answer was 👎

Too bad. Velocity kb has this feature and I use it all the time.

@GeoTony said:
    Don’t think so @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr , I asked Pat this a while ago in the context of the SWAM instruments and the answer was 👎

I think that there is a conflation of two different issues. The lowest note on the keyboard is set with the string tuning found under "Menu> Performance Settings> Keyboard> Tuning".

The separate issue is that the GeoSWAM models have fixed ranges that match the real instrument so you can't reach notes outside the range of the real instrument.

• @catherder said:

@catherder said:

@catherder said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Velocity KB looks great, but I found another solution that was already in my app collection: Tonality chord pads is highly configurable and has the simplistic look I like for that kind of app.

We don't have a setting to turn off the strings. I'll add that to the big request list. I'm not sure when it will pop up. We mine the request list for what to add to each release based on "bug", "frequency of request" and "low hanging fruit". Currently the request list has over 600 items, mostly requests. There are some big effort requests that we will release in the next couple releases.

• @moForte said:

@GeoTony said:

I think that there is a conflation of two different issues. The lowest note on the keyboard is set with the string tuning found under "Menu> Performance Settings> Keyboard> Tuning".

The separate issue is that the GeoSWAM models have fixed ranges that match the real instrument so you can't reach notes outside the range of the real instrument.

Thanks, that is very helpful.

• Is there a way to midi map the up and down presets buttons?