Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM: have we lost Bypass? -solved! Doh!

Update: er… I found it. Sorry. :)

Comments

• Swipe left on a node? That bypasses a nodes processing...

• Nope, it’s ok. I was looking in the wrong place. Bypass is under the hamburger icon to the left of the Instrument insert node. I was trying to find it in the bottom-of-channel options. Hook up a S&H lfo to the Bypass, and it bops the instrument in and out just like physically swiping left on the node. All sorted! Now, if only we could record our manual manipulations…

• @Svetlovska said:
    Nope, it’s ok. I was looking in the wrong place. Bypass is under the hamburger icon to the left of the Instrument insert node. I was trying to find it in the bottom-of-channel options. Hook up a S&H lfo to the Bypass, and it bops the instrument in and out just like physically swiping left on the node. All sorted! Now, if only we could record our manual manipulations…

You're referring to the Bypass MIDI control. You will also find it in the bottom-of-channels options (tap the channel label and then the midi control button), you'll just need to drill down to the node you want to access.

• edited June 2022

@j_liljedahl Thanks! I was just being an RTFM klutz. After 10 minutes of chimp-stabbing at random bits of the AUM interface, I’d figure it’d be better to ask a grown up.

Now: about that automation… Kidding! :)*

*not kidding…

:)