Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I Need an App Suggestion

I use the Sequencer window in Loopy Pro when performing to play pre-recorded clips along with my live looping. On a couple of songs I loop guitar rhythm, and then play an alto sax that I run through a TC-Helicon harmonizer (so I can simulate a horn section). The harmonizer accepts MIDI notes to determine which harmonies will sound along with the altos sax audio.

I need an iOS app (preferably auv3) that I can use to preconfigure MIDI chord arrangements to send MIDI notes to the harmonizer. The note/chords must be in sync with the clips playing in Loopy Pro.

Can anyone suggest an app that will work for this application? Thanks for any ideas!

Comments

• Helium or Atom 2 should be able to do that.

• Thanks. I'm starting a list. Would Atom 1 work? (1/2 the price, but I see it hasn't been updated in a few years).

• What I'd like to see is an app that can take MIDI and create harmonies like the TC does. I still have Harmonizr on my ipad, which does this very nicely, but that app has gone off the app store and I dread losing it altogether when my ipad dies.

• edited June 2022

I would start with Imaginando LK.
    A MIDI clip launcher that runs as an AUv3 plugin, can receive MIDI notes to launch clips and each clip can contain any sequence.

I wouldn't consider Atom 1 or 2 because if at some point you'll like to add automation curves for more expression on the TC harmonizer, you can't do that with Atom.

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

When I heard "chord arrangements" mentioned, I thought you were looking more for apps that play chords than for a piano roll. There re a number of chord apps that would serve well, and that might reduce setup time. Tonality, ChordPolyPad, ChordBud 2 ... all of which can be hosted directly in Loopy Pro and can have their chords triggered by follow-actions on the clips in Loopy Pro to automatically keep them in sync.

LK, Atom 2, and Helium are all workable if you want to go beyond just chords. LK would be my choice. I would not recommend getting Atom 1 even though it's cheaper. It's no longer developed.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr - Eventide QVox does decent harmony stuff. In my case, I like to compose the harmonies (piano roll style) that will create harmonies I specify, rather than have something auto-generate based on key and scale. So far things are pointing towards LK...

• @soundog said:
    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr - Eventide QVox does decent harmony stuff. In my case, I like to compose the harmonies (piano roll style) that will create harmonies I specify, rather than have something auto-generate based on key and scale. So far things are pointing towards LK...

That was the great thing about Harmonizr: you could play whatever chords you wanted into it. I don't think Qvox does this, although I've only tinkered with it a little.