Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone having problems with the forum crashing - not loading etc?

124»

Comments

• @robosardine said:

@wim said:

@robosardine said:

@wim said:
    @YFP - to clarify, when I asked if anyone has tried turning off the two settings, "Private Wi-Fi Address" and "Limit IP Address Tracking", it's a troubleshooting measure. It is possible that one of these could have downstream effects beyond your device and browser. I won't go into the technical details, but I know the possible (though admittedly unlikely) implications on network routing, filtering, etc., and yes, these could be limited to a geographical region or ISP.

Since the problem seems to be limited to mobile devices, and only mobile devices have this setting (I think), this was one thing that stood out to me as a potential difference between affected and non affected devices.

It's a thing that takes only a few moments to test and narrows down the potential causes. "Eliminating what it's not" is sometimes one of the easiest troubleshooting tools for weird stuff like this.

@wim I managed to turn off ‘private wi fi address’ but I can’t see an option for ‘limit IP address tracking. All I get under ‘configure IP’ is - Automatic - Manual - Boot P - or Client ID. Is it one of those you are meaning?

No. My screen looks like this:
    Maybe a different iOS version?
    ![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/xw/

Thanks again @wim. I’m juggling between 4 iPads just now - two of them Air 1’s so it probably is a different iOS version.
    I’ve come back for another try and it’s still working great. I think that the Cloudflare app I mentioned above could be the answer to this.

Good. That means you're using 1.1.1.1 for DNS, not whatever the ISP provides. Just for info, have you enabled WARP (which I assume is a VPN), or just the 1.1.1.1 component.

• @robosardine said:
    I’ve come back for another try and it’s still working great. I think that the Cloudflare app I mentioned above could be the answer to this.

Good to hear it's working, but I'm a bit nervous about installing this (reading a few reports of issues). Seems a bit extreme just for one website.

• @uncledave said:

@robosardine said:

@wim said:

@robosardine said:

@wim said:
    @YFP - to clarify, when I asked if anyone has tried turning off the two settings, "Private Wi-Fi Address" and "Limit IP Address Tracking", it's a troubleshooting measure. It is possible that one of these could have downstream effects beyond your device and browser. I won't go into the technical details, but I know the possible (though admittedly unlikely) implications on network routing, filtering, etc., and yes, these could be limited to a geographical region or ISP.

Since the problem seems to be limited to mobile devices, and only mobile devices have this setting (I think), this was one thing that stood out to me as a potential difference between affected and non affected devices.

It's a thing that takes only a few moments to test and narrows down the potential causes. "Eliminating what it's not" is sometimes one of the easiest troubleshooting tools for weird stuff like this.

@wim I managed to turn off ‘private wi fi address’ but I can’t see an option for ‘limit IP address tracking. All I get under ‘configure IP’ is - Automatic - Manual - Boot P - or Client ID. Is it one of those you are meaning?

Thanks again @wim. I’m juggling between 4 iPads just now - two of them Air 1’s so it probably is a different iOS version.

Good. That means you're using 1.1.1.1 for DNS, not whatever the ISP provides. Just for info, have you enabled WARP (which I assume is a VPN), or just the 1.1.1.1 component.

I installed WARP as well - it is a VPN. That’s my two old Air1 iPads got it now. I have to say it seems to make browsing the net in general a lot quicker too.

• @robosardine said:

@uncledave said:

@robosardine said:

@wim said:

@robosardine said:

@wim said:

I installed WARP as well - it is a VPN. That’s my two old Air1 iPads got it now. I have to say it seems to make browsing the net in general a lot quicker too.

Right. So that means that all your internet is going over the VPN through their server, wherever it is located. This may bypass some bottlenecks in the BT network.

• if you don't have any technical background
    to you it looks quite simple
    I have extensive technical background and experience
    I have literally spent 40+ hours on such things
    Michael is on the other side of the planet. He's one person…hosting a…forum at his own expense…out of the goodness of his heart
    lend some perspective
    beyond one's bandwidth to address as timely as people expect
    I won't go into the technical details

Some people really are completely oblivious how condescending they are. I don’t care who you once were, what you once did, what you think, or why you are unaware of the nausea created by relentlessly posting your opinions on almost every thread, multiple times a day! You aren’t required to speak on behalf of others or interfere in things that are nothing to do with you. Same goes for the other cohorts. Give us a rest, take a break, get a life, walk away from the forum for a while and let it breathe, grow and evolve, without your ceaseless presence.

I personally won’t be downloading an app just so this one website works properly. I’ll continue to happily walk away from it and be more creative and productive.

I don’t share your god, michael…I do think he could do a better job of engaging when users have a problem. Communicating what he can or will do, has done, or that he doesn’t know what to do. In my experience there’s always something one can do. He just hasn’t communicated effectively.

Just to be abundantly clear, I’m not interested in hearing from anyone who chooses to respond on his behalf or wants to chip in when they aren’t involved directly in any of the moving parts. I don’t care!

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

@YFP said:

if you don't have any technical background
    Michael is on the other side of the planet. He's one person…hosting a…forum at his own expense…out of the goodness of his heart
    lend some perspective

Some people really are completely oblivious how condescending they are. I don’t care who you once were, what you once did, what you think, or why you are unaware of the nausea created by relentlessly posting your opinions on almost every thread, multiple times a day! You aren’t required to speak on behalf of others or interfere in things that are nothing to do with you. Same goes for the other cohorts. Give us a rest, take a break, get a life, walk away from the forum for a while and let it breathe, grow and evolve, without your ceaseless presence.

I personally won’t be downloading an app just so this one website works properly. I’ll continue to happily walk away from it and be more creative and productive.

I don’t share your god, michael…I do think he could do a better job of engaging when users have a problem. Communicating what he can or will do, has done, or that he doesn’t know what to do. In my experience there’s always something one can do. He just hasn’t communicated effectively.

Just to be abundantly clear, I’m not interested in hearing from anyone who chooses to respond on his behalf or wants to chip in when they aren’t involved directly in any of the moving parts. I don’t care!

Got it. I was trying to be helpful. I'll be sure not to try that again when you post. ✌🏼
    You can also put me on your ignore list if you would like to avoid seeing my interference elsewhere. 👍🏼

• edited June 2022

That’s quite a bizarre response @YFP - it sounds like you are going down swinging at any target that catches your eye. It also seems like you took some time with the composition of your post - which makes it all the stranger.
    You say that ‘You aren’t required to speak on behalf of others’ - yet you attempt to do exactly that yourself by suggesting that there is ‘the nausea created’. The only nausea I am aware of is that which you are personally harbouring.
    As far as I am concerned @wim is one of the most polite and respectful members of the forum whose patience and help continues to be immensely useful to so many people including myself on many occasions, for which I am most grateful.
    You seem to be attempting to be deliberately controversial - which is fine - perhaps you could moderate your tone a little when deciding to make it personal.
    To me your whole rant was so well of the mark that it quickly diluted itself to the extent that it’s content was almost immediately invalidated.
    I mean is it just me or is this whole thing some sort of a prank?

• It's cool. I don't mind being told when I'm annoying someone. Problem already resolved.

• @YFP said:

if you don't have any technical background
    lend some perspective

You should get your money back!

Oh, wait...

• @wim i tried your Private WiFi Address experiment and I think it might have worked. No problems since with this or my own vanilla forum.

• @YPF. @robosardine summed it up perfectly. @wim is an enormously generous and helpful person here, and your comments are complete unwarranted.

Maybe it’s you who needs to “take a break, get a life, walk away from the forum for a while”.

• @FastGhost said:
    @wim i tried your Private WiFi Address experiment and I think it might have worked. No problems since with this or my own vanilla forum.

That’s interesting. I’d love to be on-site and do some network route tracing ‘n stuff.

I wonder if this would work for anyone else or if it was just a fluke.

• Scratch that, happening again now.

• @wim said:

@FastGhost said:
    @wim i tried your Private WiFi Address experiment and I think it might have worked. No problems since with this or my own vanilla forum.

That’s interesting. I’d love to be on-site and do some network route tracing ‘n stuff.

I wonder if this would work for anyone else or if it was just a fluke.

I tried traceroute from CyberGhost VPN into servers in London and Manchester. The route seems to take a convoluted path before bridging to Cloudflare. The route from London went through Poland, then back to London and on to the USA. From Manchester, it went to the US (Cogentco), to France (bridge to Cloudflare), then back to London and on to the USA. So it may be that UK users cannot connect directly to Cloudflare without leaving the country. Now, this may just be a characteristic of the provider hosting the VPN (not BT). But maybe a Cloudflare link in the UK is missing? Here are the logs.

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

https://tools.keycdn.com/traceroute Doesn’t show any anomalies from London to forum.audiob.us but the problem is probably with some other sub-lookup. Without knowing which calls are timing out, I don’t know what to look for.

I’m traveling right now so I can’t try anything else atm. There are other sites out there that have remote traceroute tools. Maybe when I get back home I can do some further investigation.

• Haven't had any pages time out today - first time in weeks. Haven't made any changes to my settings, so maybe BT acted on my support call, or maybe there's been a change in the CloudFlare settings.

Whatever it is, it's great to be able to use the forum on an iPad again!

• I get site isnt secure but just visit anyway. I could either just give a secure pass within browser. Theres also that other setting. Where its like a certificate for sites. I assume that means to just give your/ Audiobus soul network to the mainframe.

• @sigma79 said:
    I get site isnt secure but just visit anyway. I could either just give a secure pass within browser. Theres also that other setting. Where its like a certificate for sites. I assume that means to just give your/ Audiobus soul network to the mainframe.

That’s strange. I don’t encounter that warning. What country are you accessing the site from? What browser?

• @espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:
    I get site isnt secure but just visit anyway. I could either just give a secure pass within browser. Theres also that other setting. Where its like a certificate for sites. I assume that means to just give your/ Audiobus soul network to the mainframe.

That’s strange. I don’t encounter that warning. What country are you accessing the site from? What browser?

Uk. I think it were Opera. Laptop

This browser/tablet seem ok.

Iphone is also ok.

• @sigma79 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

Iphone is also ok.

Is the laptop up to date with certificates and security? Those change from time to time and need to be updated.

• edited June 2022

@uncledave said:

@sigma79 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

Iphone is also ok.

Is the laptop up to date with certificates and security? Those change from time to time and need to be updated.

Laptop is probably. Decomishioned. It were a true soldier tbh but think it might have been a driver download ( to edit a controller ) that were the cause. Either that. The computers state. Or just powering off via button. Its just laptop kind of froze and the driver download were the last action. Im not a geek. So wouldnt be able to access safe mode or have a backup via disc.

My bro bought his laptop here. Asked why a windows update were just in limbo. So I said. Just factory reset. Then it were like. Theres not even a hard drive anymore.

Its kind of cool with ipads. You dont need to worry about settings. Although I dont bother going online. I do keep spinning out though with a non apple tablet. Thinking im using an ipad.

• Yes indeed - everything seems to be zipping along nicely again! Well done and thank you to everyone putting in the effort to getting this resolved - I wonder how it happened. Was it a computer that fixed itself or a person that sorted it out?

• @robosardine said:
    Was it a computer that fixed itself or a person that sorted it out?

Yes.