Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drift

Some dark ambient journey involving Shoom, WaveStorm and various fx

Comments

• I don't know why Shoom has a low end that's so different from all the other synths but it does and it's truly epic for making ominous rumblings. I read the recipe before hearing the music and seeing that you used Shoom I knew it would take me to a dark and mysterious planet. Nice work. I need to see if I picked up WaveStorm and give it another test drive.

What FX'es did you reach for. I'm loving AU3FX:Space with the swirl slider lately. It saves a lot of extra steps to get there with it's internal options... all the @j_liljedahl AU3FX apps are worth collecting.

• @McD said:
    I don't know why Shoom has a low end that's so different from all the other synths but it does and it's truly epic for making ominous rumblings. I read the recipe before hearing the music and seeing that you used Shoom I knew it would take me to a dark and mysterious planet. Nice work. I need to see if I picked up WaveStorm and give it another test drive.

What FX'es did you reach for. I'm loving AU3FX:Space with the swirl slider lately. It saves a lot of extra steps to get there with it's internal options... all the @j_liljedahl AU3FX apps are worth collecting.

Alas I think Wavestorm has been removed from the App Store, certainly nothing else really sounds like it.
    Fx I used were lashings of OtherDesertCities, a spoonful of MagicVerb and some in-house Cubasis fx

• Haunted fairground… the carousel opens a portal… in the hall of mirrors you see versions of yourself moving differently… interesting, spooky trip. :)

Didn’t Wavestorm go by another name at one point? I think I had it…

• edited June 2022

@Svetlovska said:
    Haunted fairground… the carousel opens a portal… in the hall of mirrors you see versions of yourself moving differently… interesting, spooky trip. :)

Didn’t Wavestorm go by another name at one point? I think I had it…

Scythe or something like that I think it was called. Petty he pulled the app instead of fixing it. Lost a few bucks on that one as I had bought all IAPs and no longer have the app.

Edit: Oh! Great sounding track, as always, @barabajagal

• Yeah, it was originally called Scyth.

It’s funny the app is long gone, yet when you open it, it still sometimes asks you to rate it on the App Store. 🙄

• @Pxlhg @SNystrom : yup, Scythe. I bought all the IAP too. Just checked my purchases. All gone now, under either name. Pity, I liked that synth a lot. Apple’s ‘no you can’t make backups’ policy makes it unwise to risk more than a few quid on anything, just in case they or the dev get the hump one day and take it all away. Sigh.

• I got some inspiration from this.

• Damn... I recall Scythe and bought all the IAP's. Then I followed it to Wavestorm and I think kept all my investment. But it's gone to me now. I really loved the wave table animations.

I was so sorry the the developer couldn't derive a stable income from his work.