Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ode to John

An ode to the great John Mclaughlin (now in his 80th year) who I was lucky enough to see on Monday 30th May at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester. My favourite guitarist who I saw for the first time a mere 49 years ago…

Comments

• Very interesting. Especially at 1:22. Would like to hear more in this vein. McLaughlin had a big effect on me as well. Ultra unique sound.

• Dang, that’s nice! A fitting tribute to a titan.

• Excellent! I had the opportunity to see McLaughlin in a very intimate setting at the Cubby Bear Lounge in Chicago, across the street from Wrigley Field. He was with Dennis Chambers and Joey Defrancesco. I was about 10 feet from the band! My friend and guitar player, Tony Iovino was with me that night. It was a night to remember. I hope you do more like this. It's really good!

• John Mclaughlin's love of Indian Classical music shines through here... I'm inspired to make something in Moziac that mixes combinations of 2-3 note groupings (i.e. 5,7,8,9) but I need to add code to allow for rests to get something similar. The intervals are mostly steps up and down the chosen scale. This music swings in a very hip fashion if you learn the patterns and can get into the tune as it winds it's way along.

Nice work.

• Well there’s weird for you. Whilst @jwmmakerofmusic ’s recent marimba piece was still playing in another tab, I clicked on @GeoTony ’s lovely tribute piece above, expecting it to take over, but both played together - and fitted marvellously!

• edited June 2022

Thanks all for listening. This was one of those pieces that just sort of worked, start to finish in a couple of hours. One take with GeoShred playing everything, SWAM Soprano Sax, 3 * Roli Drums and ChordJam which then played 5 * Roli Noise.
    @LinearLineman , the section at 1:22 was pushing my GeoShred abilities to the limits 😊
    A titan indeed @rottencat and still amazing at 80 years of age!
    Thanks @Paulieworld , one of the pieces he did on Monday was a tribute to Dennis Chambers.
    That’s the feel I was going for @McD . I think Shakti was, for me, his finest hour. He’s actually just announced a new Shakti tour for next year.
    I’ve tried to get both playing at once @Svetlovska and failed but have listened to it and can see what you mean, providing the drone that is so common in Indian music. Thanks for the likes by the way!

• You have some nice GeoShred abilities! Have you ever tried Velocity Keyboard from Blue Mangoo? Good job with the piece too!

• Cheers @zah7 . Geoshred was the main reason I bought an iPad 2 or 3 years ago. As an ex guitarist it suits me down to the ground. Haven't tried VK but it looks interesting and I read good things but will stick with GS. Many thanks.

• @GeoTony said:
    An ode to the great John Mclaughlin (now in his 80th year) who I was lucky enough to see on Monday 30th May at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester. My favourite guitarist who I saw for the first time a mere 49 years ago…

Hi Tony,
    I love what you have created here. A fitting tribute to a legend.
    You are an artist, and very talented.