Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jazzy Loops (a jazz inspired Loopy Pro jam)

So this is one of about 127 different versions of this jam I’ve been playing with. I’ve had the drum and bassline stuck in my head for the last 2-3 days. It’s literally been looping in my head, non stop.

Now the keys aren’t my first instrument, but being inspired lately by all of the amazing jazz improvisations published by people like our own beloved @LinearLineman, I decided to try my hand at a couple “improv loops” with a nice Electric Vintage EP sound.

I also added a few more parts around it with other synths (Synthmaster 2 and GeoSWAM tenor sax) No midi sequencing used at all in this piece, just live recording as it happened; which is a workflow I’ve been getting accustomed to with LP.

STAELLA and CapCut for video effects.

Comments

• EP loop starts at 1:10 (Shameless bump 😉)

• Nice one @Edward_Alexander - I can see how that riff got stuck in your head as it's now stuck in mine too :)

I'll bet that's nice to listen to in headphones while you're out walking - might give that a try later

• @monch1962 said:
    Nice one @Edward_Alexander - I can see how that riff got stuck in your head as it's now stuck in mine too :)

I'll bet that's nice to listen to in headphones while you're out walking - might give that a try later

Thank you! Also works great for “driving home in the rain after a long day at work music” 🙂

• That was great, especially with headphones.. very nice bass!

• edited March 2022

Yeah, the EP makes it. Very 60s.especially with the video. Keep improvising, bro! (PS it’s nice to be beloved 😘🙏)

• @JudasZimmerman said:
    That was great, especially with headphones.. very nice bass!

Thank you! 🙏 (sounds pretty good in the car. I was worried about the bass being too much, but after listening on a few different systems, I think it’s just right.)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Yeah, the EP makes it. Very 60s.especially with the video. Keep improvising, bro! (PS it’s nice to be beloved 😘🙏)

Thank you Mike! I wanted the EP to be the star of the show. That’s why I didn’t put too much into the sax lines other than being a “supporting role”.

Thanks again for being not only an amazing player, but for being one that inspires us all to keep creating!

• I really like this. The EP has sort of an early Weather Report feel. Great groove on the drums. I love the restrained use of the sax. When it does come in, it really grabs you. Great melody with only 6 notes! Nice!

• @Paulieworld said:
    I really like this. The EP has sort of an early Weather Report feel. Great groove on the drums. I love the restrained use of the sax. When it does come in, it really grabs you. Great melody with only 6 notes! Nice!

Thank you Paul!

• Oh how relaxing it is. Listening to the EP I feels so chillout so I think I will stop going to job ;) I love this kind of drums, I could listen to this rhytm for hours. Also very nice video mix, I'm just starting to play with such tools like CapCut etc., a very nice addition to the song.

• Thanks for having a listen @dakti

• That’s definitely a sweet groove you’ve got going on there. You’ve really found a great method/ workflow with Loopy Pro. I enjoyed the video as well. Good one Edward👍

• @MadeofWax said:
    That’s definitely a sweet groove you’ve got going on there. You’ve really found a great method/ workflow with Loopy Pro. I enjoyed the video as well. Good one Edward👍

Thank you 🙏 I appreciate the listen!

• I commented previously, but after listening again, I thought it should get a bump. Nice one.

• Thanks @Paulieworld, I was going to just let it die as usual, but my man @dakti bumped it back from out of the blue!

• Like it a lot!!! Thanks for sharing :)

I guess i will start uploading mines too

• @raimundoarriagada said:
    Like it a lot!!! Thanks for sharing :)

I guess i will start uploading mines too

Thank you!

Looking forward to hearing what you’ve got!

• Missed this in March so glad it got bumped… really enjoyed it. The Bass, drum, instrument interplay is great. Nice to hear your stuff again!

• @GeoTony said:
    Missed this in March so glad it got bumped… really enjoyed it. The Bass, drum, instrument interplay is great. Nice to hear your stuff again!

Hey thanks Tony!

• I think it might be my earworm! A nice bass line indeed :)

• @zah7 said:
    I think it might be my earworm! A nice bass line indeed :)

Thanks! Yeah, it’s one of those that kinda sticks with you lol

• Good bass sound!

• A feat that’s difficult to accomplish: music that’s both smooth and gritty.

Aces all the way.

• @Franketti said:
    Good bass sound!

@rottencat said:
    A feat that’s difficult to accomplish: music that’s both smooth and gritty.

Aces all the way.

Thanks guys! It makes me really happy to see one of my pieces stand the test of time!