Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Memorial Day

Lest we not forget...

Comments

• edited May 2022

Are you organizing these in albums? Free to publish such on BandCamp. I use it as archival. You’ll also have the fun of designing the covers…

• edited May 2022

@LinearLineman I have thought about doing that, but my stuff is all over the place. Your material is very well organized and lends itself to albums. I'm not sure how I could organize my music in a way that would make any sense.

I have an account on Bandcamp under Paulieworld, and I use them for storage, as well. I stopped using Bandcamp for sharing when the embedded players stopped working. I never figured out what happened. I actually like Bandcamp's presentation better, and I don't have to listen to ads about Shopify! Soundcloud is not as flexible regarding the order tracks are presented, but the Spotlight feature is pretty good. I doubt if many people scroll past five tracks, anyhow.

I'm actually getting some play on Soundcloud. At the moment I'm at about 4300 plays, which is about 4200 more then I ever expected. For some reason, Bandcamp stopped at around 3600... then crickets. Maybe they want me to start charging so they can get some return on their investment.

I was in a bit of a hurry to mix Memorial Day this morning. My wife wanted to go to a matinee of Top Gun. I think she likes Tom Cruise. Oh well, I rather like Sophie Vergara, but both of them are thousands of miles away. We can dream, right! In any case, I replaced it with something a little better. I thought the original was bottom heavy and had a few hot spots. I think I fixed that to some extent. For some reason, compressors weren't playing nice with this one.

I am curious. How long did it take you to create such a vast collection?

• edited May 2022

@Paulieworld 4years to make 600+ tracks out of which 52 albums came. I’m closing in on 50k hits on SoundCloud. Pathetic, relatively speaking, but far, far more than would have listened to my CDs. Only a few thousand hits on BandCamp and barely anyone listens all the way thru. I guess I’m just no good. Sad! 😳😂😎

Your styles are diverse, but they work together, IMO. So easy to make a 9 track album (my particular format, always between 40-50 minutes). You could assemble the albums chronologically, then you only have to think about ordering the tracks on each album. For sure it would work. It’s right at your fingertips, a great way to archive and very few listen anyway, so why not?

• @Paulieworld said:
    @LinearLineman I have thought about doing that, but my stuff is all over the place. Your material is very well organized and lends itself to albums. I'm not sure how I could organize my music in a way that would make any sense.

All over the place, but even so very consistent - a recognizable style or voice throughout, or so it seems to me. I don't really listen to albums or collections anymore myself though.. I guess they are playlists now really, now that the physical objects are no more.

Liked this track a lot.

• @JudasZimmerman It's a shame that there are no more real vinyl albums. I always enjoyed opening the plastic wrap and putting them on the turntable. Then relaxing with headphones while I read the album cover notes. Young people don't know what they are missing.

It seems as most people here have forgotten the meaning of the holiday, so I just tried remind them of the reason we can enjoy the freedoms that we have... for the time being!

Thank you so much JZ!