Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

List of AUv3 apps that work on M1 Macs (and in Ableton)

Now that Ableton is finally adding AUv3 support, I’m looking for great iOS apps that work on the Mac.

There are a few threads that mention them, but no good lists.

I’ll start:

Loopy Pro
Drambo
Eventide Spring (w/o UI)
Eventide Qvox (w/o UI)
Eventide Rotary (w/o UI)
EG Pulse Segments*
EG Pulse*
Strng
Polywave
KOALA FX !!!
Spacecraft (crashes Ableton)
GlitchCore
Audio Damage Grind 2 (super CPU heavy)
Bless Omega*
Web Audio Player
Burns Audio apps (Spectrum etc) (w/o UI)
Chow Tape Model
Moog Model D
Moog Model 15
Fractal Bits

*doesn't run on Ableton yet

Comments

• Moog Animoog
    Mela 3
    Sunrizer (sadly Zeeon is not currently an option)

• edited June 2022

So, I found a trick with the ones that weren't loading with GUI. Load them for the first time in a brand new track (audio or midi). Drag the AU to create a track, rather than loading into an existing track. Burns Audio MI clones are working fine after this. And once, you do this, it'll work each time after. It's weird but works. Still testing. Also, the Baby Audio freebies work too.

Also working:
    EG Pulse (including multi-out)
    EG Segment (including multi-out)
    KQ Dixie (and multi-out)
    VirtualAns (same dev as Fractal Bits)

• @auxmux said:
    So, I found a trick with the ones that weren't loading with GUI. Load them for the first time in a brand new track (audio or midi). Drag the AU to create a track, rather than loading into an existing track. Burns Audio MI clones are working fine after this. And once, you do this, it'll work each time after. It's weird but works. Still testing. Also, the Baby Audio freebies work too.

What do you mean by "drag the AU to create a track"? Is that an Ableton reference?

• Yes, correct. This is specific to Ableton Drag the AU from plugin list over to where new audio or midi instruments can be loaded.

• edited June 2022

@shinyisshiny says that

Piano Motifs and
    Riffler

are working

• This would be a great wiki page, I’m not sure how to make one though

• Beepstreet's RadioUnit is now on Mac!

• edited June 2022

@mistercharlie said:
    Beepstreet's RadioUnit is now on Mac!

Just for a moment, there is an unknown AUVal error :/ btw. Zeeon works

• edited June 2022

newbie here...how do I install these auv3's on my Mac (Monterey Mac OS)?

do I need an M1 chip? I can see them on Appstore but only if I first search for them on google.
    And the purchase button is greyed out

...forget it, title tells me. Now I want an M1chip

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@mistercharlie said:

Also, I can't paste URLs into RadioUnit. In Ableton, it just won't accept a paste, although you can type a URL. When hosted in Drambo on a Mac, trying to paste a URL crashes Drambo.

But it's still great!

• @Sergiu said:
    newbie here...how do I install these auv3's on my Mac (Monterey Mac OS)?

do I need an M1 chip? I can see them on Appstore but only if I first search for them on google.
    And the purchase button is greyed out

...forget it, title tells me. Now I want an M1chip

Only works on Apple Silicon machines.

• Thank you! I thought a Lot of "If Somebody would"..."but where". And I forgot about creating/making a Thread Here 🤦🏼‍♀️
    I've been away from my Studio Mini for toooooo Long, I guess.
    I'll have a Look in the next few days.

• The MOOG Animoog Z
    (I guess all the MOOG Things 🤔)

• edited June 2022

@giku_beepstreet said:

@mistercharlie said:

I don't seem to have much luck with your apps on my M1 Mini - RadioUnit doesn't appear in the list of iPhone/iPad results, even though I've purchased it, Zeeon Synth is asking me to pay for it again, and Drambo still isn't working :(

Update: could be the RadioUnit update hasn't hit here yet.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@mistercharlie said:

Great news on Zeeon (and Sunrizer)

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@mistercharlie said:

Oh wow, that's great news. It didn't show up when I searched for some reason.

• Incidentally there are a lot that will install, but unknown whether they work. And obviously they may not work on all.

All the Chowdhury apps will install, but given he makes desktop versions available I would install those instead.

• For some reason I can’t even find Moog Model D on the App Store on my Mac, neither in the store nor my purchases, and while I can find Zeeon in the store, it doesn’t show up in my purchases even though I own it. Is it one of those where you just have to go through the buy process until it gets to checking the payment and then tells your panicking heart that all is well?

Drambo showed up , installs fine and runs in the ableton beta though, ace!

• @Krupa said:
    and while I can find Zeeon in the store, it doesn’t show up in my purchases even though I own it. Is it one of those where you just have to go through the buy process until it gets to checking the payment and then tells your panicking heart that all is well?

I had to do that. Go through the buying process, and then it tells you it you already own it, and it doesn't charge you.

• Nice one @mistercharlie I’ll take my chances on that basis 😁

I still can’t figure out where model D is though, not even in the other apps but for the dev…

• @auxmux said:
    Yes, correct. This is specific to Ableton Drag the AU from plugin list over to where new audio or midi instruments can be loaded.

Still not working as an AU in GarageBand… Grrrrrr.

• Arturia iSem working on M1.

In Live beta , far right side of GUI doesn't display....but that only means soft clip is permanently on and you can't change the main output level. Mod windows display correctly. Programmer window, you only just have sight of step 8 but enough to turn on and off and set the level.

Occasionally the gui whites out on load but a rescan and reload seems to sort it out.

• @Krupa said:
    Nice one @mistercharlie I’ll take my chances on that basis 😁

I still can’t figure out where model D is though, not even in the other apps but for the dev…

Yeah I've never seen that one in there either.

• edited June 2022

Let's Unmix
    Beatly Pro
    Fieldscaper
    Bs-16i
    MiRack

all are working great!

• Not Auv3, but wanted to give a shout out to Seekbeats, which plays surprisingly well with Ableton on Mac OS! Link sync works great, it accepts midi in via Ableton and the IAC driver, and Blackhole routes audio back into Ableton. Go nuts with the seek beats randomizer and resample into Ableton all night long....

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Has anyone had success with Zeeon in Logic Pro? It's failing AU validation for me. Also @giku_beepstreet the mouse tracking seems to be off in the standalone version. Is this a known error?

Thanks for all that you do!

• @hightunnels said:
    Not Auv3, but wanted to give a shout out to Seekbeats, which plays surprisingly well with Ableton on Mac OS! Link sync works great, it accepts midi in via Ableton and the IAC driver, and Blackhole routes audio back into Ableton. Go nuts with the seek beats randomizer and resample into Ableton all night long....

Ah good one, should download that. Elastic Drums works too.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@mistercharlie said:

Zeeon UI is a bit wonky on Mac Mini M1. And I’d love to get it to work

Drambo has exceeded my expectations. Being able to host plugins and create patterns is what I need — all in one. Great job!

• @auxmux said:

@hightunnels said:
    Not Auv3, but wanted to give a shout out to Seekbeats, which plays surprisingly well with Ableton on Mac OS! Link sync works great, it accepts midi in via Ableton and the IAC driver, and Blackhole routes audio back into Ableton. Go nuts with the seek beats randomizer and resample into Ableton all night long....

@auxmux said:

@hightunnels said:

Yes definitely need to give ElasticDrums a go!