Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone having problems with the forum crashing - not loading etc?

Comments

• I’ve been having this page opening/reload problem for several weeks.
    UK (Northern Ireland), on 3 mobile.
    iPad pro11 2022 latest iOS

• @Michael said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

Things do seem to have gone back to normal now. Thanks to anyone who reported this to BT.

Hmm, may have spoken a little too soon. It was going well on my desktop earlier but now I’m back on the iPad I’m still seeing the odd timeout, though does not feel anywhere near as bad as before.

What happens if you use 1.1.1.1 like @FastGhost suggested?

I missed that post from @FastGhost . Yes, adding 1.1.1.1 to my DNS config on the iPad seems to have fixed it. I did not need to remove the other IP address that was there, just set it to manual and added the new address.

Thanks @FastGhost / @Michael !

• I don’t it have a problem using loopypro.com, or forum.loopyapp.com.

• That’s interesting! On both counts, the 1.1.1.1 solution and that loopypro.com works fine.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@Michael said:

Things do seem to have gone back to normal now. Thanks to anyone who reported this to BT.

Hmm, may have spoken a little too soon. It was going well on my desktop earlier but now I’m back on the iPad I’m still seeing the odd timeout, though does not feel anywhere near as bad as before.

What happens if you use 1.1.1.1 like @FastGhost suggested?

I missed that post from @FastGhost . Yes, adding 1.1.1.1 to my DNS config on the iPad seems to have fixed it. I did not need to remove the other IP address that was there, just set it to manual and added the new address.

Thanks @FastGhost / @Michael !

Spoke too soon a second time, still hitting the timeouts even with just 1.1.1.1 defined. The timeouts are less frequent now. It is bearable, at least I can post reliably :smile:

I had a quick flick through the dedicated Loopy forum and did not hit any timeouts in my (limited) testing.

• Ironically, I had trouble loading this thread this morning. Switched to 4G and it worked.

• No problems here either with loopypro.com, but the forum website still buggy.

• The Loopy Forum can be sticky for me at times as well. Strangely a section can take a little while to load, once this has happened though I can go back and forward quite easily.
    This forum keeps alerting me to the same replies I have previously seen - several times.

• edited June 2022

@robosardine said:
    The Loopy Forum can be sticky for me at times as well. Strangely a section can take a little while to load, once this has happened though I can go back and forward quite easily.
    This forum keeps alerting me to the same replies I have previously seen - several times.

Something I've noticed, is clicking on a thread to view new entries no longer navigates to the new posts, it throws me back up to the top or middle of the page. Bit of a pain, as you have to scroll down a long thread and try and remember what the last post was that you'd read. Again this seems to be a mobile-only thing for me.

• @monz0id said:

@robosardine said:
    The Loopy Forum can be sticky for me at times as well. Strangely a section can take a little while to load, once this has happened though I can go back and forward quite easily.

Something I've noticed, is clicking on a thread to view new entries no longer navigates to the new posts, it throws me back up to the top or middle of the page. Bit of a pain, as you have to scroll down a long thread and try and remember what the last post was that you'd read. Again this seems to be a mobile-only thing for me.

This might depend on the specific browser you're using, on reader mode, and on the browser cookie settings.

• Yeah lots of issues lately. Slow and laggy often ending up with "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding". iPad Air 3 on BT in the UK.

Switching to Android phone on Chrome works fine.

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

Has anyone having the issue tried turning off the "Private Wi-Fi Address" that "... helps reduce tracking of your iPhone across different Wi-Fi networks"?

"Limit IP Address Tracking" in the same section might be one to try separately as well.

You get to this setting from iOS Settings > Wi-Fi > [currently attached network] > [information icon]

• @uncledave said:

@monz0id said:

@robosardine said:

This might depend on the specific browser you're using, on reader mode, and on the browser cookie settings.

I haven't updated my browser or iOS since it was working perfectly previously, and the issues appeared simultaneously on two devices, so unlikely to be a browser/device issue.

• Just happened to me for the first time, on iPad safari browser.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Just happened to me for the first time, on iPad safari browser.

Please identify your ISP. Are you on BT in the UK?

• @uncledave said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Just happened to me for the first time, on iPad safari browser.

Please identify your ISP. Are you on BT in the UK?

Cox cable in the US.

• YFPYFP
    edited June 2022

TBH the site performance here and lack of urgency to take any responsibility for it, or make/communicate any attempts to fix it, is disappointing. It’s been going on for weeks.

Suggestions about changing individual router settings, privacy/security settings and swapping browsers doesn’t make sense. The site worked ok and now it doesn’t. The one thing in common, for everyone having issues, is the site, not my router, my device, my browser or my privacy/security settings.

To be clear, again, I don’t have this issue on any other site.

I guess I’ll get trolled and/or a ban for having the audacity to even bring it up 🤷‍♂️

• I’m sure you won’t. You probably summed up the grief that a lot of us are feeling, I have a download speed of 60 Mbps - but that does nothing to help.
    The problem is that the forum seems to be working as it should for the vast majority. It must be very hard to fix something if it’s sitting right in front of you and appears to be working perfectly.
    It seemed that the problem was local to several BT customers that in the UK - though I see that a member in the USA has now also reported difficulties.
    Knowing who should be taking responsibility would be a good start - but at the moment it’s a very irritating mystery.

• @YFP said:
    TBH the site performance here and lack of urgency to take any responsibility for it, or make/communicate any attempts to fix it, is disappointing. It’s been going on for weeks.

Suggestions about changing individual router settings, privacy/security settings and swapping browsers doesn’t make sense. The site worked ok and now it doesn’t. The one thing in common, for everyone having issues, is the site, not my router, my device, my browser or my privacy/security settings.

I guess I’ll get trolled and/or a ban for having the audacity to even bring it up 🤷‍♂️

The problem is that it is not universal. Several users have no problems at all, at least 2 or 3 of us. We'd certainly chime in here if we had problems. This makes it difficult to diagnose. I continue to suspect it's a DNS issue, probably related to certain Cloudflare server sites. There may be incorrect data being propagated through DNS; that's why switching to a different DNS server may help.

• @robosardine said:
    I’m sure you won’t. You probably summed up the grief that a lot of us are feeling, I have a download speed of 60 Mbps - but that does nothing to help.
    The problem is that the forum seems to be working as it should for the vast majority. It must be very hard to fix something if it’s sitting right in front of you and appears to be working perfectly.
    It seemed that the problem was local to several BT customers that in the UK - though I see that a member in the USA has now also reported difficulties.
    Knowing who should be taking responsibility would be a good start - but at the moment it’s a very irritating mystery.

As far as I understand that person in the U.S. experienced a single problem with t to he site. So, it isn’t clear that it was the same thing.

@YFP : given that the issues seem mostly restricted to a single ISP, it isn’t clear that there is anything Michael could do. Cloudflare is pretty opaque and ISPs often implement various kinds of filters in the never ending battle against bad actors which can have surprising consequences. I’d keep bugging your ISP about the problem.

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

@YFP said:

I can understand that feeling if you don't have any technical background in this area. It's not that cut and dried.

To you it looks quite simple. Only this site has the problem. But, there are literally hundreds of potential places between the forum server and your browser that can be at fault, virtually all of which are beyond the control of the operator. It's not a universal problem, but seems to be, with the exception of I think one report so far, limited to a particular geographic area and internet service provider. If it were more general than that, there would be far more reports. This site gets visited by thousands of people per day.

I have extensive technical background and experience in this kind of service delivery issue and can say that something like this can involve dozens of ours on the phone trying to get resolved. I have literally spent 40+ hours on such things - and that was with an ISP in my same time zone. Michael is on the other side of the planet.

He's one person. He's trying to make a living developing fantastic software. He's hosting a forum at his own expense, for free to everyone here, out of the goodness of his heart. I'm sure it frustrates him at least as much as it does you.

I'm not saying this to make you feel like you shouldn't be frustrated, but to lend some perspective to your feeling of there not being a sense of urgency or feeling of responsibility to fix it. There's a difference between things not being taken seriously, and things that are taken seriously but are beyond one's bandwidth to address as timely as people expect.

I hope you don't take this as trolling you. That's not how it's intended.

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

@YFP - to clarify, when I asked if anyone has tried turning off the two settings, "Private Wi-Fi Address" and "Limit IP Address Tracking", it's a troubleshooting measure. It is possible that one of these could have downstream effects beyond your device and browser. I won't go into the technical details, but I know the possible (though admittedly unlikely) implications on network routing, filtering, etc., and yes, these could be limited to a geographical region or ISP.

Since the problem seems to be limited to mobile devices, and only mobile devices have this setting (I think), this was one thing that stood out to me as a potential difference between affected and non affected devices.

It's a thing that takes only a few moments to test and narrows down the potential causes. "Eliminating what it's not" is sometimes one of the easiest troubleshooting tools for weird stuff like this.

• I run another vanilla forum (not music related) behind CloudFlare and last time the not loading thing happened here I checked that one and it did the same thing. I’m leaning hard toward the issue being with CloudFlare. Gonna try your suggestions if it happens again @wim

• @wim said:
    @YFP - to clarify, when I asked if anyone has tried turning off the two settings, "Private Wi-Fi Address" and "Limit IP Address Tracking", it's a troubleshooting measure. It is possible that one of these could have downstream effects beyond your device and browser. I won't go into the technical details, but I know the possible (though admittedly unlikely) implications on network routing, filtering, etc., and yes, these could be limited to a geographical region or ISP.

Since the problem seems to be limited to mobile devices, and only mobile devices have this setting (I think), this was one thing that stood out to me as a potential difference between affected and non affected devices.

It's a thing that takes only a few moments to test and narrows down the potential causes. "Eliminating what it's not" is sometimes one of the easiest troubleshooting tools for weird stuff like this.

@wim I managed to turn off ‘private wi fi address’ but I can’t see an option for ‘limit IP address tracking. All I get under ‘configure IP’ is - Automatic - Manual - Boot P - or Client ID. Is it one of those you are meaning?

• edited June 2022

I had to try four times to even post that comment above 🙁

There was an error performing your request. Please try again.

• @robosardine said:

@wim said:

@wim I managed to turn off ‘private wi fi address’ but I can’t see an option for ‘limit IP address tracking. All I get under ‘configure IP’ is - Automatic - Manual - Boot P - or Client ID. Is it one of those you are meaning?

No. My screen looks like this:
    Maybe a different iOS version?

• Hold on I’m just trying something here - this is a test.

• Just having another go here.

• Yes - I’ve just downloaded Cloudflare’s own 1.1.1.1 app - and it seems to have made quite a difference. Much faster at the moment. Can others give it a try?

• @wim said:

@robosardine said:

@wim said:

No. My screen looks like this:
    Maybe a different iOS version?
    ![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/xw/

Thanks again @wim. I’m juggling between 4 iPads just now - two of them Air 1’s so it probably is a different iOS version.
    I’ve come back for another try and it’s still working great. I think that the Cloudflare app I mentioned above could be the answer to this.