Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton AUv3 Support in Beta

Live 11.2 is now available in Public Beta and features a refreshed Reverb device, improved usability, AUv3 support for Mac users, and more. https://t.co/ZJPXQjwCGg

— Ableton (@Ableton) May 31, 2022

Comments

• @Aud_iOS said:

Live 11.2 is now available in Public Beta and features a refreshed Reverb device, improved usability, AUv3 support for Mac users, and more. https://t.co/ZJPXQjwCGg

— Ableton (@Ableton) May 31, 2022

This sounds good, might give the beta a go later.
    Hopefully this will encourage a few more iOS apps to be available on M1. At the very least it should mean we can use Drambo in Ableton.

• Really ? It could be a GOOOD News to have Koala AUV3 in it :)

• Oh sweet, I’ve got my first M1 laptop arriving today as well 🎉

• Initial tests here - no issues with the FAC plugs, super fast loading. I'm on M1 mini - can't even imagine how many instances could be ran simultaneously. 10 instances of Mela 3 playing some audio puts me at 16-20%.
    It's also really nice to have the AUv3 parameters exposed - can see the exact numerical values of the params - makes editing much easier. I really like Logic, but I definitely like working with MIDI control surfaces better in Live, and this will seriously improve mapping for me.

• So… Drambo Auv3 in Ableton?

• @RajahP said:
    So… Drambo Auv3 in Ableton?

Exactly!

• I hope bitwig will follow

• AUv3 support in Ableton is BIG, I can finally say goodbye to MainStage or Logic Pro as my AUv3 hosts, I really HATE the Apple music apps ecosystem.

I hope that this feature is also coming to Ableton Live Lite.

• Drambo runs fine. I haven’t yet worked out how to route its MIDI to instruments in Ableton.

Also, all my Eventide apps work. They still run from the time it was possible to side load your own already-purchased apps from ios to Mac. The plugin UI doesn’t load, but all parameters are available.

• This is great! I'm not seeing Zoa or Ooda however showing up in Ableton--can anyone else confirm??

• @mistercharlie said:
    Drambo runs fine. I haven’t yet worked out how to route its MIDI to instruments in Ableton.

Also, all my Eventide apps work. They still run from the time it was possible to side load your own already-purchased apps from ios to Mac. The plugin UI doesn’t load, but all parameters are available.

Can you test if Fractal Bits works? This is weird, because in Logic/Mainstage, there is no sound output. But if you use the standalone Drambo app in Mac, it works perfectly.

• @Pynchon said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Drambo runs fine. I haven’t yet worked out how to route its MIDI to instruments in Ableton.

Can you test if Fractal Bits works? This is weird, because in Logic/Mainstage, there is no sound output. But if you use the standalone Drambo app in Mac, it works perfectly.

Fractal Bits works great. It loads in a MIDI track, but you can record the audio into another track. I resampled it, put it in a Simpler, and sliced it.

What I can't do is make Drambo sequence anything else. It loads, plays, and you can record its audio. But I can't make it output MIDI to any other instruments. Any ideas?

• OK, two words: Koala FX

It works, and if you enabled automation record, and wiggle some of its controls, it gets recorded.

I think Ableton just turned into an Octatrack!

• Holy crap! This is amazing, didn't expect this at all! Gamechanger!

• @mistercharlie said:

@Pynchon said:

@mistercharlie said:

Fractal Bits works great. It loads in a MIDI track, but you can record the audio into another track. I resampled it, put it in a Simpler, and sliced it.

What I can't do is make Drambo sequence anything else. It loads, plays, and you can record its audio. But I can't make it output MIDI to any other instruments. Any ideas?

Drambo should output at least one midi channel of data. The problem is that Ableton merges all midi data from VSTs into channel 1.

• @giku_beepstreet

Any idea why the MIDI isn't coming out of Drambo?

Also, any chance of letting Radio Unit run on the Mac now?!?

• @auxmux said:

@mistercharlie said:

@Pynchon said:

@mistercharlie said:

Drambo should output at least one midi channel of data. The problem is that Ableton merges all midi data from VSTs into channel 1.

Checking on this now. I think a problem might be that Drambo won't load in a MIDI track, only audio tracks

• @mistercharlie said:

@auxmux said:

@mistercharlie said:

@Pynchon said:

@mistercharlie said:

Checking on this now. I think a problem might be that Drambo won't load in a MIDI track, only audio tracks

You can create another midi track and route midi out from Drambo track.

• @mistercharlie said:
    @giku_beepstreet

Any idea why the MIDI isn't coming out of Drambo?

Also, any chance of letting Radio Unit run on the Mac now?!?

It's all too fresh, still waiting for Live beta access :)

AFAIK Live doesn't handle MIDI outputs from audio plugins (does it support AUv3 MIDI? probably not)

Yes RadioUnit should work on M1 soon.

• edited May 2022

Jeez! I have an iPad for sale....lol
    It's like Your main daw, holding daws ...inside another daw...daws

• Can't get into Centercode. Tried to recover my account and not getting the reset emails, annoying.

• This is super exciting. I'm not gonna do the Live beta, but will be living vicariously through you guys. Looking forward to drambo, zeeon and model 15.

• I hope they will support AUv3s on Live Lite too!

• @auxmux said:
    Can't get into Centercode. Tried to recover my account and not getting the reset emails, annoying.

Same. I bet they're getting hammered. I pulled a previous beta off an old backup and let it keep updating until it hit the latest version.

• @mistercharlie said:

@auxmux said:
    Can't get into Centercode. Tried to recover my account and not getting the reset emails, annoying.

Same. I bet they're getting hammered. I pulled a previous beta off an old backup and let it keep updating until it hit the latest version.

Damn, I need to find an old link.

• cannot wait!! so awesome

• edited May 2022

Checking out my Auv3 in the beta now.

I'm also not having luck with getting midi out of Drambo. Also there's no rt-click dialogs. If a module is selected I can't unselect it; have to clear the track, but the the plus button is selected and unresponsive....

anyway, I'll go through my Auv3s, list em and say if they're working and if the GUI's show correctly (some wouldn't in Reaper)

NOTE: I don't want to download all my purchased onto this M1 Air but if you have a aspecific one you're wondering about, lemme know. Not sure if I have it because I'd say I'm in the middle as far as what AUv3s I have but I'll check for you.

EDITS:

Drambos 8 separate outs work!

Igor Vasilievs Apps don't work.

Beatcutter & Soundsaw show no gui (Beatcutter show a little partial enlarged but cut off letters)
    Even with parameters exposed in Live no sound comes out.

AltiSpace2 & Spacefields are a little different in that the device shows a warning icon and says it's incompatible with Live.

Moog section:

Animoog Z loads up and plays but the Arp is not sending out Midi (so maybe Auv itself won't send midi out to host and it's not just a Drambo thing?)

Also nothing seems to sync to the host tempo when sync buttons are on.
    MPE seems to work fine.

Input works for the effect version but anything time-based doesn't seem to work. The BPM doesn't sync to the host, LFO's with the Mod Matrix don't seem to modulate.

Model 15 doesn't work.

Live freezes when trying to load Fractal Bits. I loaded up the standalone first just in case this would be an issue.
    I have to Force Quit

I guess that's it for now. thought there were more.

At least Drambo is doing pretty well!

But I REALLY want Igors auv3s to work in Live. I spent hours messing with virtual audio port configurations using the Beatcutter and Spacefields standalones with limited success but it still feels like a hack.

EDIT:

Fractal Bits loaded up successfully now!

Works great! And the parameters are exposed. Really fast and easy way to automate kit-making with this one.

• This is very exciting! Sadly I am not on the beta. Has anyone tried out some MIDI processor type AUs? (ZOA, Buds, Fugue Machine, etc.)

• @mistercharlie said:

Wait, if you update MacOS, the installed iOS apps will still launch? I thought that they stopped working.

If you can confirm this, I will install the first version of Big Sur on an external hard disk, to install all my iOS apps. Moving them to my main partition, once they have been validated.

If I can use Auditor on my Macbook Air, it will be a dream. My favorite audio editor, I haven't found something as powerful and intuitive at the same time in desktop.

Also, please someone can confirm if Igor Vasiliev AUv3 plugins are loading correctly under Ableton Live? I haven't been able to make SynthScaper LE to work in the rest of AUv3 hosts.