Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

(Un)Happy accident? : Ooda, Evolver FX, Cykle: Atmosphere For A Horror Film Unmade

edited May 2022 in Creations

“Of all the distant objects on Federal Hill, a certain huge, dark church most fascinated Blake. It stood out with especial distinctness at certain hours of the day, and at sunset the great tower and tapering steeple loomed blackly against the flaming sky.” - H.P. Lovecraft, The Haunter Of The Dark

So the monkey with a typewriter trick today mashed up some random note cluster selections in Cykle and Ooda, driving Evolver FX, BS16, FRMS, Factory, and LoFi Tape, and seems to have accidentally come up with an atmosphere for a horror movie. Bit too on the nose to fit under the Dark Ambient shroud, so I’m just calling this one an ‘atmosphere’:

Comments

• edited May 2022

@lasselu : thank you! It really came together fully formed - almost spooky! I tend to think that to qualify as Dark Ambient the darkness has to seep in, this seemed so much of a piece with every horror film made ever that it wasn’t so much seeping as shrieking - but it also sounded (to me anyway) pretty good, in it’s own lane.

I tend to let the universe provide when it comes to my random-based pieces, and that implies the discipline of accepting and working it when what is provided isn’t entirely what I anticipated. So today: sleazy straight to vid stalk ‘n slash the-killers-call-came-from-inside-the-house suspense atmos it is :)

• Awesome stuff! Lofi Tape is a very underrated app I think. How do you like EvolverFX?

• edited May 2022

@HotStrange : I like it, but I don’t understand it, and, like a lot of 4pockets’ stuff, I’m not sure I ever will. I got it on a ‘complete your bundle’ deal for £3 this morning, thought : ‘why not?’, and just started messing around with it. It’s providing the bassy chant noise (a preset called ‘Bassy Chant’, I think!). I suspect it is a very deep app, and capable of very clever things, but hey - I got a track out of it, so it’s earned it’s’ keep already. :) LoFi Tape on the other hand I do understand, and love. Really good, characterful sounds - and dead easy to use! :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    @HotStrange : I like it, but I don’t understand it, and, like a lot of 4pockets’ stuff, I’m not sure I ever will. I got it on a ‘complete your bundle’ deal for £3 this morning, thought : ‘why not?’, and just started messing around with it. It’s providing the bassy chant noise (a preset called ‘Bassy Chant’, I think!). I suspect it is a very deep app, and capable of very clever things, but hey - I got a track out of it, so it’s earned it’s’ keep already. :) LoFi Tape on the other hand I do understand, and love. Really good, characterful sounds - and dead easy to use! :)

Thanks! From what I’ve read it’s similar to iWavestation which is one of my favorite apps. I definitely do plan on buying it soon but it seems veeery deep.

Have you tried Lo-Fi piano by the same dev? It’s also excellent, albeit more limited.