Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatsurfing 2 | The Beat performers Best friend | haQ attaQ

You need to check this one out! Beatsurfing 2 is one of the most fun and useful iOS music apps that I've had the privilege to work with so far. What makes this app so special is the way that you interact with it's instruments, essentially "surfing" over them with your fingers. It's a total game changer when it comes to beat making or live performance music apps and If you're into music that type of stuff, then you cannot simply afford to miss this one!

Seriously, it’s one of the most fun and useful iOS music apps I’ve had the pleasure of using!

haQattaQ

Comments

• edited May 2022

Where were you earlier this morning when I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket?
    …..
    Heh. Had my wife making phat beats with the free version in minutes. It was hilarious. (Kind of a turn-on actually).

• Thanks, I'll check it out!

• edited May 2022

running it on an ipad 10.5 « pro » under iPadOS 15.5: how can you play this with that built-in 50-millisecond-latency getting in the way?

• @RockBottom said:
    running it on an ipad 10.5 « pro » under iPadOS 15.5: how can you play this with that built-in 50-millisecond-latency getting in the way?

Its a little strange, yeah. I find it less obtrusive when sliding my finger around in a sort of sloppy, spontaneous way and I listen rather than watch. I figured that was the cost of having everything auto-quantize. I didnt realize it was a set 50 ms latency.

• Got it sent to loopy pro ( on other ipad ) Its probably worth me buying. For the scratch setup ( obviously )

Its time to use deck. Which has just been for show.

• Excellent video, Jakob!

Don’t know if @kobamoto still comes round every so often but dreams do come true!

• I really liked (and still like) their free Playground app, and I have the free version of this as well. It’s also awesome. Haven’t decided yet if it’s worth it for me personally to pay the $30. But if I ever have some money burning a hole in my pocket, this will probably be the one.

• @BirbHope said:
    Where were you earlier this morning when I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket?
    …..
    Heh. Had my wife making phat beats with the free version in minutes. It was hilarious. (Kind of a turn-on actually).

Something similar happened over here when I put my iPad in my partners hands with Beatsurfing 2 running. And the smile on her face … priceless!

• @HotStrange said:
    I really liked (and still like) their free Playground app, and I have the free version of this as well. It’s also awesome. Haven’t decided yet if it’s worth it for me personally to pay the $30. But if I ever have some money burning a hole in my pocket, this will probably be the one.

I love playground, but I never really used it since I couldn’t make my own stuff in it. I’ve been hoping that they’d make a playground editor and it’s finally here as Beatsurfing 2.

• Let's push the dev to make AUv3 MIDI input plugin version, I want it in Drambo :)

• edited May 2022

It needs more MIDI modules, its a fun app but to use it in your projects it's a pain. It only offers audio export and no way to record what you are doing on screen and play it back in sync with the rest of your music. It has a lot of potential but it needs to integrate with other music apps. Lets hope the roadmap will be implemented :)

• edited May 2022

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Let's push the dev to make AUv3 MIDI input plugin version, I want it in Drambo :)

Here, here. Hope everyone votes early and often!

https://www.beatsurfing.com/next-features/

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Let's push the dev to make AUv3 MIDI input plugin version, I want it in Drambo :)

thanks.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Done!

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@HotStrange said:
    I really liked (and still like) their free Playground app, and I have the free version of this as well. It’s also awesome. Haven’t decided yet if it’s worth it for me personally to pay the $30. But if I ever have some money burning a hole in my pocket, this will probably be the one.

I love playground, but I never really used it since I couldn’t make my own stuff in it. I’ve been hoping that they’d make a playground editor and it’s finally here as Beatsurfing 2.

Thanks! Excited to check this video out when I’m off work. I have a feeling you’re about to make me spend money 😉

• @RockBottom said:

I think your just experiencing the quantize at work. Turn it off. I have no latency on my mini 2.

• Multi-out. Wondering if it will ever be main drums ( for d&b ) even without midi. Just making fast tracks. Unless the idea is to find good samples, anyway.

• WOW just downloaded and this is great off the bat. A hell of a lot more digging to be done and creating my own maps will be a blast i suspect. I havent had to pay for any functionality yet, where does that kick in?

• @Jose_Bee said:
    WOW just downloaded and this is great off the bat. A hell of a lot more digging to be done and creating my own maps will be a blast i suspect. I havent had to pay for any functionality yet, where does that kick in?

EDIT just been asked to unlock App :-)

• next question - does the unlock the app forever, but only 12 months of new content?

• @Jose_Bee said:
    next question - does the unlock the app forever, but only 12 months of new content?

Yep 👍

• Anyone using as a MIDI controller only?

• edited June 2022

@giku_beepstreet said:

I have to say and I dont wish to be the person that alters an apps future ( I did pay £30 ) but also greatful for the app but with Drambo being difficult ( or just me ) to get multi out from a midi instance to any drambo track and be sequencend per track ( again maybe altering an apps future ) Im not sure if beatsurfer with Drambo would be easily route to any source and it then be on multi out sequences. Whats needed I think. Is a beatsurfer module that is multi out sequencing to drambo tracks and point at any drum aus and any sampler aus and flexi sampler. It would be cool to use the precision of Drambo for synths but be freestyle with a quantized input like beatsurfer for when you mute or solo tracks. With bringing back in drums but also word samples.

Sleazebag I know.

• Actually feel snyde. We give you an app and this how you show appreciation. I think someone needs to suggest that even as an au. It will work as described but I dont really use ipad much but think the setup descibed would be cool. Its just better than a launchpad. Which could already be used to trigger and sequence.

• This guy does some amazing stuff with Beatsurfing 2.

• As of now, can one control other synths on ipad, like King of FM or Tera Pro? If so, is it only playing one note per button? What if i want one button to play a chord?
    is it only able to play samples and notes vs also making a fader that controls other parameters such as filter cutoff or drive in Other Synth.
    Can your imported pic be anything as far as, what if i had a bunch of pics of cats, and wanted each cat to be a separate sound?

• @RanDoM_rRay said:
    As of now, can one control other synths on ipad, like King of FM or Tera Pro? If so, is it only playing one note per button? What if i want one button to play a chord?
    is it only able to play samples and notes vs also making a fader that controls other parameters such as filter cutoff or drive in Other Synth.
    Can your imported pic be anything as far as, what if i had a bunch of pics of cats, and wanted each cat to be a separate sound?

I haven't tried it as a midi FX yet, but if you want a chord you can just layer single notes on top of each other.

• edited November 2023

@tyslothrop1 said:

@RanDoM_rRay said:
    As of now, can one control other synths on ipad, like King of FM or Tera Pro? If so, is it only playing one note per button? What if i want one button to play a chord?

I haven't tried it as a midi FX yet, but if you want a chord you can just layer single notes on top of each other.

I don;t think it has AU midi effect capabilities. It doesn't seem to show as an AU midi effect in Cubasis or Logic.

Just bought it thanks to the sale so need to watch some tutorials as I can't figure out how to use it in a DAW ie. how to record.