Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VHS Synth #01 "Hit play the tape"

edited May 2022 in Creations

The VHS Synth app is very inspiring. The sounds are very nice. I made a short and simple track. Drums and bass are from Garageband, all other 11 sounds are from VHS Synth including VCR sounds at the begining ;)

Videoclip:

Comments

• Excellent! Really has that synthwave vibe!

• I really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing. 👍👍

• edited May 2022

Thanks for listening @Edward_Alexander and @LinearLineman. I think VHS Synth is my best purchase in the last time, lots of fun :)

• Yooooow @dakti my man!
    Amazing track, how cool is the video!! Still need to dig into VHS, but will do so asap because it sounds delightful.
    Well done and thanks for sharing!

• edited May 2022

Hey @Bob :) It's nice you like it, animation adds a lot of charm. Please try VHS Synth necessarily, intro price is great and sampling sounds from a VHS cassette is a brilliant approach :)

• edited May 2022

@dakti : that’s full on 80s-tastic right there… I’m thinking some dude in a black DeLorean (yes, I know they didn’t come in black, but they should have), driving through a desert toward the gleaming silver evil MegaCorp building for a showdown with it’s jerkily stop motion animated killer bots…

• Nice track indeed. This has helped make it a definite purchase for me.
    How dis you do the video - was that a generative app or something like that?

• edited May 2022

@Svetlovska: I love the atmosphere of the 80s, movies, music, etc. a lot of nice memories. The trilogy of the "Back to the future" is a classic. DeLorean car is one of the frontpage actor :) My colleague from Ireland borrowed once DMC car to advertise company where he worked at that time, must have been a lot of fun driving this machine :)

I recommend you an interesting 3 episode series: "Watch Myth & Mogul: John DeLorean" on the Netflix - there is a mention of a DMC car in the movie as well.

• edited May 2022

@dakti : yes, I do remember all that well. I was working a music tech journo in the 80s, the mainstream stuff didn’t seem quite so cool to me then, it was just what was around, which is why I let all the now-‘classic’ gear I owned at various times then go for peanuts. Doh! If only I knew… :)

• edited May 2022

@robosardine: I'm sure you will not regret the purchase :) I merged music with visuals in LumaFusion app on the iPad. Visuals are from another YT videos, there is a lot of free animatoon, just add "copyright free, free to use, etc." under looking for something you are interested. To dowload it to iPad I used this website.

There are also a lot of free and paid apps thanks to which you can create visuals synchronized with your music tempo / accents / midi notes or just get a regular visual in type you like or need. Please put "music visualizer" in AppStore and you will get a lot of results, a few examples below:

• VS Visual Synthesizer
    • TouchViz
    • Staella - Music Visualizer
    • Vythm jr - Music Visualizer
    • Alien Worlds Music Visualizer

When you complete the individual fragments you will have to combine them together. If you do not have "LumaFusion" I recommend you a free and without adverts "CapCut - Video Editor" app which is really great. It's not so advanced as LM, but you will be able to make the same type of videoclip - mix music with videos, add transitions, texts, graphics, etc. - as well :)

• @dakti said:
    @robosardine: I'm sure you will not regret the purchase :) I merged music with visuals in LumaFusion app on the iPad. Visuals are from another YT videos, there is a lot of free animatoon, just add "copyright free, free to use, etc." under looking for something you are interested. To dowload it to iPad I used this website.

There are also a lot of free and paid apps thanks to which you can create visuals synchronized with your music tempo / accents / midi notes or just get a regular visual in type you like or need. Please put "music visualizer" in AppStore and you will get a lot of results, a few examples below:

• VS Visual Synthesizer
    • TouchViz

When you complete the individual fragments you will have to combine them together. If you do not have "LumaFusion" I recommend you a free and without adverts "CapCut - Video Editor" app which is really great. It's not so advanced as LM, but you will be able to make the same type of videoclip - mix music with videos, add transitions, texts, graphics, etc. - as well :)

Got it! Thanks for explaining that video bit, was wondering about it too. Will get myself into Lumafusion. It sure looks like a top 3 winner every time I search online. Seems to become a busy next week 🥳

• edited May 2022

@Bob said:

@dakti said:

• VS Visual Synthesizer
    • TouchViz

Got it! Thanks for explaining that video bit, was wondering about it too. Will get myself into Lumafusion. It sure looks like a top 3 winner every time I search online. Seems to become a busy next week 🥳

My search also showed that LumaFusion is one of the best if not the best for iPadOS environment. I don't know this tool yet, but I read that being patient you can do anything with it. There are many good tutorials on YT. Great songs like yours require good visuals, so I'm waiting for the video to your music :)

• Enjoyed this… definitely a 80s TV sci-if feel to it… in a good way!

• @GeoTony said:
    Enjoyed this… definitely a 80s TV sci-if feel to it… in a good way!

Thanks @GeoTony, I apreciate it. I made second VHS track 2 days after the first one, but I didn't make a video so far. I'll try to publish it asap. Cheers!