Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited May 2022

Nice! Now that’s what I call a radical remix ;) ….

Seriously though, your track actually somehow put me more in mind of more recent space explorers:

• That’s a very interesting track. I like the off rhythm that clicks in to the beat around 2:20. I’ve just been experimenting with playing fast and loose with the rhythm, too. Just did it with an arp that didn’t want to behave, so I went with it. Keep it up. It’s healing balm.

• I wasn’t sure where this would go from the intro. The thing I love most about your music is how unpredictable it is and how you blend such diverse sounds and moods together and make it all sound like a perfectly natural fit. Another great track.

• @Svetlovska Thank you. I wasn't actually trying to recreate anything to do with Telstar. I just happened to be thinking of the night that me and my dad went outside to see if we could see it passing overhead. That's usually how I come up with song titles. That is, just something I was thinking about at the time. I used to give projects names like 'Test_90_Am' but I had a hard time remembering what they were.

I'm working on something now that has a working title inspired by a salesmen who brings donuts every Thursday. He's a bit of a character. He walked in and said 'Ich bin ein berliner!', a reference to that famous line by John Kennedy, which isn't really true, but it's funny. The song currently has a working title of 'I'm A Jelly Donut'. I'll probably change it... or not.

Thanks for posting 'Ain't talking bout dub'. That was fantastic! I never heard that before. I listened to it several times and it gave me a lot of ideas for some future projects. I am actually thinking about doing some Rap songs, just for the fun of it. That stuff seems to be popular these days. I thought it was just a passing fancy, but it seems to keep on keeping on. Have an enjoyable and productive day!

• @LinearLineman said:
    That’s a very interesting track. I like the off rhythm that clicks in to the beat around 2:20. I’ve just been experimenting with playing fast and loose with the rhythm, too. Just did it with an arp that didn’t want to behave, so I went with it. Keep it up. It’s healing balm.

It's also a healing bomb. Fast and loose is good. Words to live by. Thanks again to you and Charley for 'Danny Boy'. I played it for my sisters and they got all emotional. We're like that! I guess we got that from mom. Have a good one!

• @MadeofWax said:
    I wasn’t sure where this would go from the intro. The thing I love most about your music is how unpredictable it is and how you blend such diverse sounds and moods together and make it all sound like a perfectly natural fit. Another great track.

To be honest, I didn't know where it would go, either. My 'workflow' (if you even call it that) is nothing like I ever did as a conventional musician. I use a lot of audio bits. and the MIDI editor in Cubasis. Sometimes I just punch in some random notes and look for something usable in the wreckage. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it just sounds like random notes. I find it to be very relaxing and and I can spend hours on end just messing around until my wife calls me for dinner.

I'm glad you liked it. Perhaps, when you are up for it, we can do another collaboration. I hope things are working out for you. Take care!

• @Paulieworld said:

@MadeofWax said:
    I wasn’t sure where this would go from the intro. The thing I love most about your music is how unpredictable it is and how you blend such diverse sounds and moods together and make it all sound like a perfectly natural fit. Another great track.

To be honest, I didn't know where it would go, either. My 'workflow' (if you even call it that) is nothing like I ever did as a conventional musician. I use a lot of audio bits. and the MIDI editor in Cubasis. Sometimes I just punch in some random notes and look for something usable in the wreckage. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it just sounds like random notes. I find it to be very relaxing and and I can spend hours on end just messing around until my wife calls me for dinner.

I'm glad you liked it. Perhaps, when you are up for it, we can do another collaboration. I hope things are working out for you. Take care!

I would really like to hear some of the music you made as a “conventional musician” and would seriously enjoy seeing a video of your current process.
    Things are beginning to settle a bit here. Life is strange. One minute everything seems fine and then chaos enters the chat. I’m trying to get better at handling the chaotic bits. My life is a work in progress.
    I certainly would enjoy making another video for your music and I’ll admit to being curious as to what you could make of samples of some of my music, if that would ever interest you.
    Take care of you, too.

• edited May 2022

@Paulieworld : yup, I was in fact pretty sure your track was not any sort of attempt at a cover. ;)

It was, unmistakeably, all Paulieworld! :) Glad you like the Apollo 440 track - I absolutely loved their energy, and they seemed to carve out a space doing high-voltage movie theme reboots too. Their version of the Lost In Space theme for the reboot movie was excellent (even if the movie wasn’t).

A similar energy from these guys, too:

• @MadeofWax said:

@Paulieworld said:

@MadeofWax said:

I would really like to hear some of the music you made as a “conventional musician” and would seriously enjoy seeing a video of your current process.
    Things are beginning to settle a bit here. Life is strange. One minute everything seems fine and then chaos enters the chat. I’m trying to get better at handling the chaotic bits. My life is a work in progress.
    I certainly would enjoy making another video for your music and I’ll admit to being curious as to what you could make of samples of some of my music, if that would ever interest you.
    Take care of you, too.

I posted a few things that I did many, many years ago - Iceland, Rise and Shine, and Sarasvati. In Iceland, I posted a video of what used to be one of my old bands. I was in a group called Mirage here in Chicago. The bass player with the long hair and the pretty blonde girl were in Mirage. We did covers of Fleetwood Mac and Heart. The latest incarnation, Heart Alive, does only music by Heart. When I close my eyes, I can't tell the difference between Heart Alive and Mirage. Julie sounded exactly like Stevie Nicks! Having 2 very attractive female singers was fun. We had a pretty good following. Mostly female. That was cool. I wish I had some video of my other bands, but video wasn't as widely available as it is now.

Regarding a video of my 'workflow', I'm afraid that would be about as exciting as watching paint dry. I mostly just sit there poking away at my iPad. I just work up a few different parts, then try stringing them together until I have about 3-4 minutes of music. I have thought about getting into video production, but that would probably just become another expensive hobby. I limit myself to an iPad and headphones.

I would be delighted to try something with your music. If you still have my email address, send me a WAV file along with some ideas of what you have in mind. I would enjoy that. Take care!

• @Paulieworld said:

@MadeofWax said:

@Paulieworld said:

@MadeofWax said:

Take care of you, too.

I posted a few things that I did many, many years ago - Iceland, Rise and Shine, and Sarasvati. In Iceland, I posted a video of what used to be one of my old bands. I was in a group called Mirage here in Chicago. The bass player with the long hair and the pretty blonde girl were in Mirage. We did covers of Fleetwood Mac and Heart. The latest incarnation, Heart Alive, does only music by Heart. When I close my eyes, I can't tell the difference between Heart Alive and Mirage. Julie sounded exactly like Stevie Nicks! Having 2 very attractive female singers was fun. We had a pretty good following. Mostly female. That was cool. I wish I had some video of my other bands, but video wasn't as widely available as it is now.

Regarding a video of my 'workflow', I'm afraid that would be about as exciting as watching paint dry. I mostly just sit there poking away at my iPad. I just work up a few different parts, then try stringing them together until I have about 3-4 minutes of music. I have thought about getting into video production, but that would probably just become another expensive hobby. I limit myself to an iPad and headphones.

I would be delighted to try something with your music. If you still have my email address, send me a WAV file along with some ideas of what you have in mind. I would enjoy that. Take care!

Wow. I missed a lot while I was away. I’ve been slowly going back through the Creative category but hadn’t found these gems yet. So much good music! So cool to see you perform too. I loaned the only video of my old band to a coworker many years ago and one day he stopped showing up to work. Probably just as well. We were never nearly as good as what you’ve posted. Just 4 guys who mostly played open mic nights and blues jams and the rare paying gig.
    I’ll have to challenge myself to come up with something that will be worth your time . I was just telling my wife how impressed I am with your music , how exciting it is to see and talk to people who have gone so far beyond my limited experience as a performer.
    Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.

• @MadeofWax I was never a member of Heart Alive, but I played for years with Danny and Julie in Mirage, in Chicago. Both bands sounded identical, but I guess that's what tribute bands are supposed to do. I did do one gig with them as a sub for their keyboard player at Tommy Rockers in Vegas. I just posted that video to give them a plug. I think they are still active. Mirage actually morphed into 2 bands - Heart Alive and Fleetwood Nicks, with Julie, Danny, and Brad playing in both. Julie did Stevie Nicks to perfection!

I was thinking it might be better if you could send me individual tracks, rather than a final mix. Don't worry about perfection. I stopped worrying about that a long time ago. The main thing is to have some fun. As long as I can open them in Cubasis, I can work with them. WAV format would be preferred. No rush, whenever you're ready.

• oh, I was hoping for a cover. But this was good too!

• Another great track @Paulieworld but you fooled me with the title so thanks to @Svetlovska for posting the original.
    Quite a sad back story re Joe Meek who wrote the original.
    You made me laugh when you summed up my attempts at music making (and possibly a lot of other members) with ‘I mostly just sit there poking away at my iPad’ 😊