Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Crystal Synth / Spider’s Hoshi

Hoshi sound design by @Spidericemidas for LaPlace. It’s a unique sound. Not a vibraphone, not a marimba. Somewhere in between… maybe not. As usual with Spider, complex through its range and solid. Plus HouseMark1, 2x TeraSynthPro, AddStation.

Comments

• Wow this is excellent! At first I thought you were referring to the plugin Crystal Synth (which I love). Very 80s inspired.

• Lol @HotStrange, I was thinking of crystal meth. I figured there must be a Crystal Synth, tho.

• I like the contrast between the soft attack of the electric piano and the Hoshi sound. A lovely melody with lots of added interest wrapped around it. Well done 👍.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Lol @HotStrange, I was thinking of crystal meth. I figured there must be a Crystal Synth, tho.

Haha totally opposite ends of the spectrum 😆 it’s on iOS also, you should check it out. Almost modular in nature and I think only $5. IAA only though. The actual plugin is sort of a classic.

• Apart from Pads, percussive pluck and EP sounds are also my favourite, so I really like this piece. The EP makes it warm and round, and the plucks add a nice crystalline sparkle. Great work!

• Thanks @Spidericemidas. I actually doubled the Hoshi patch and it got even punchier. Great sound. I’m slowly assembling a LaPlace album based on your sound designs. Anything new you’re working on?

• Hoshi is Japanese for Star, also a Buddhist Priest or Monk, I believe 😊
    I’ve used some of the Laplace presets in an ambient project I’m currently building in Cubasis.
    I’ve got a lot of presets underway for Kauldron. Currently naming, refining and weeding out.
    I had a dabble in Tera Pro and my mind exploded at the possibilities! That synth is crazy! So Tera Pro will probably follow after Kauldron.

• @Spidericemidas looking forward to those Kauldron presets!

• Very nice sounds and a beautiful, peaceful song!

• Glad you found it so @JudasZimmerman. Thanks for listening.