Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I’ll Be Bach / Virtual Classical Music?

edited May 2022 in Creations

Album #51. Not exactly classical music, as that would make me dead, I think. Not sure, even, what makes something classical or contemporary classical. It doesn’t swing if that’s something. Maybe @McD can inform me. Bottom line, I know it when I hear it and I think these are that.

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/i-ll-be-bach

Comments

• Great title. And I admire the hubris ;)

• @Svetlovska you mean pretending I’m Arnold Schwarzenegger?

• You should have put a mustache on Bach maybe. Great to hear all your variety!

• I particularly liked 'Challenge In The Night Sky' and 'Azovstal', although I think the latter is too pretty considering the subject matter. Regarding 'classical', I avoid the issue by saying 'orchestral'. In college, I once got schooled by a music major on that subject.

• Thank you @Stochastically. As to the mustache… like this one?

@Paulieworld orchestral is good… unless it’s a piano piece. Thanks for listening. I like Challenge In The Night Sky, too. I’m sure you’ve noticed one’s favorites are not always noticed by the forum. But all I need is one affirmation to be satisfied. It's enough, right?

• I reached Portland and was inspired to pick up my electric bass to play along.
    There's a phrase around 3:20 or thereabouts that sounds like a fragment of a hymn.
    A passing melody.

Lovely piece.

I'm enjoying listening.

The first piece was so sublime, it was lovely.

"I'll Be Bach" has so much expression again lovely.

On that note thank you for sharing and I'll be back. 😏

• Thanks @Gravitas. I appreciate your ears. If you ever want to add or mangle any of my tracks don’t hesitate to pm me. A real bass would be a nice addition to Portland, for sure,

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @Gravitas. I appreciate your ears. If you ever want to add or mangle any of my tracks don’t hesitate to pm me. A real bass would be a nice addition to Portland, for sure,

You're welcome.

Oh cool, thank you for the invite.

Ohh....that means I have to practice. 😁

• Really liking this so far! What apps are you using here for the strings and choirs? Sounds excellent.

• @HotStrange, mostly ISymphonic and Korg Module for strings. PureSynthPlatinum and ISymphonic for choirs.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @HotStrange, mostly ISymphonic and Korg Module for strings. PureSynthPlatinum and ISymphonic for choirs.

Awesome. I only have Module. iSymphonic is on my to buy list but isn’t up real high right now. The IAPs for PSP are pretty high up though. How would you compare them to those on Beathawk?

• edited May 2022

@HotStrange, all the string and choir presets are part of the app. Inapps are not orchestral sounds. Upright piano, tines, special reverb, BASSalicious, etc.

I’m not using BeatHawk on orchestral now except Tutti Orchestra once in a while. constantly use Total Bass. Less frequently Baroque, Mallets.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @HotStrange, all the string and choir presets are part of the app. Inapps are not orchestral sounds. Upright piano, tines, special reverb, BASSalicious, etc.

I’m not using BeatHawk on orchestral now except Tutti Orchestra once in a while. constantly use Total Bass. Less frequently Baroque, Mallets.

Baroque is the main one I’m looking at.

I have the new PSP and it does have synth generated strings and choirs but I don’t think it has any samples or modeled strings and choirs anymore.

• @HotStrange ah, I get it. Yeah, they’re probably all in the factory sampled content.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you @Stochastically. As to the mustache… like this one?

But all I need is one affirmation to be satisfied. It's enough, right?

Two is better!

• Great album Mike! Finally had a chance to listen.

I keep forgetting about iSymphonic. Thanks for the subtle reminder 😌

• @Paulieworld indeed, can’t get enough of those aforementioneds.
    ISymphonic runs much better these days @Edward_Alexander. Love using it now.

• One of your best @LinearLineman … or perhaps just fits in with my tastes more… who cares. Great album.
    I liked Azovstal, Just the face of Life and especially Stradivarius.
    I was listening to the Jacques Loussier album ‘My personal favourites’ last weekend and it (and now your album) reminded me what a rich source of inspiration Bach still is after all these years.

• @GeoTony, well, thank you, sir. I was very happy about it, too. Funny about Stradivarius. It was a test demo for Module Supreme Cello. You never know. Have a great weekend, my friend.