Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Record and playback Loopy Pro performance by MIDI. Question.

I like playing Loopy with my Launchpad Mini. The colors tell me straight away which is which doughnut/loop. But can anyone help me with the following:
I’d like to record my actions (recording the MIDI from Launchpad in Xequence for instance) and play them back afterwards.
The recording is no problem, but how do I play it back without having to remap everything? Put another way: how do I get Loopy to look at Xequence playing back as if it were my Launchpad?

Comments

• @prtr_jan said:
    I like playing Loopy with my Launchpad Mini. The colors tell me straight away which is which doughnut/loop. But can anyone help me with the following:
    I’d like to record my actions (recording the MIDI from Launchpad in Xequence for instance) and play them back afterwards.
    The recording is no problem, but how do I play it back without having to remap everything? Put another way: how do I get Loopy to look at Xequence playing back as if it were my Launchpad?

I think you may have to set up a global profile that duplicates the mappings. It will be a one-time operation because you will be able to reuse it in the future.

• @espiegel123 said:

@prtr_jan said:

I think you may have to set up a global profile that duplicates the mappings. It will be a one-time operation because you will be able to reuse it in the future.

Thank you! I think that might be a step in the right direction, but I’m afraid it won’t be a one-time operation for more specific project aspects.

• @Michael : is there a way for someone to spoof something like the launchpad to do what OP is trying to do?

• edited May 2022

@espiegel123 said:
    @Michael : is there a way for someone to spoof something like the launchpad to do what OP is trying to do?

Being able to record from Loopy (not using the Launchpad) would also work.
    A fantasy: automatically assign a MIDI parameter to all onscreen objects in Loopy that Loopy sends out to a MIDI recorder while being used/played. Automatically assign that same parameter to those same objects that now receive that MIDI from the recorder playing it back to Loopy.

• @prtr_jan said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @Michael : is there a way for someone to spoof something like the launchpad to do what OP is trying to do?

Being able to record from Loopy (not using the Launchpad) would also work.
    A fantasy: automatically assign a MIDI parameter to all onscreen objects in Loopy that Loopy sends out to a MIDI recorder while being used/played. Automatically assign that same parameter to those same objects that afterwards can receive that MIDI from the recorder playing it back to Loopy.

• Have you tried just using the sequence recorder (the one built into LP)? That’s pretty much exactly what it’s designed to do, although I concede that doesn’t yet support automation, that’s in the pipeline still.

• @Michael said:
    Have you tried just using the sequence recorder (the one built into LP)? That’s pretty much exactly what it’s designed to do, although I concede that doesn’t yet support automation, that’s in the pipeline still.

Yes, I’m still finding my way with the sequencer. Do you mean being able to record widget ‘movements’ with the recording of automation?

• @prtr_jan said:

@Michael said:
    Have you tried just using the sequence recorder (the one built into LP)? That’s pretty much exactly what it’s designed to do, although I concede that doesn’t yet support automation, that’s in the pipeline still.

Yes, I’m still finding my way with the sequencer. Do you mean being able to record widget ‘movements’ with the recording of automation?

Yup

• @Michael said:

@prtr_jan said:

@Michael said:

Yup

Great! Keep up the good work! What a project, what an (growing) immediacy/flow!

• @prtr_jan said:

@Michael said:

@prtr_jan said:

@Michael said:

Yup

Thank you! Oh by the way, do check in on Slack; I was asking if you would send me that project with the sequencer glitch on tempo change

• edited May 2022

@Michael said:

@prtr_jan said:

@Michael said:

@prtr_jan said:

@Michael said:

Yup

Thank you! Oh by the way, do check in on Slack; I was asking if you would send me that project with the sequencer glitch on tempo change

I will. Somewhere today!