Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

Comments

• @oldlibmike said:

Hi there! Many thanks for giving this all a go, and sharing what you found.

Is very nice to read that - in general! - you sound pretty happy thus far with Wotja 22.

We're continuing to plug-away, and have some very interesting prototyping going on as I speak! :smile:

Best wishes,

PEte

• Hi all,

Wotja 22.2.5 is now available:

NEW: Sequence Array editor - added Array Actions menu items to Export/Import an entire Sequence Array to/from clipboard.
    NEW: Sequence TTM Editor Actions menu now has an option to export TTM Melody (in Pattern B format).
    IMPROVED: The Randomization related buttons now use a dice icon rather than a wand icon.
    FIXED: Tapping an empty chain's Bypass toggle in the Plug-ins screen no longer mutes all other chains.
    FIXED: Sequence TTM Melody export could wrongly export a silent pattern.
    FIXED: Text editor text (for any text editor) was not always visible after Light/Dark colour scheme was applied.
    FIXED (iOS): The app could sometimes crash when terminated.
    OTHER: Various other minor bug fixes and performance improvements.

Best wishes,

Pete

• Hi folks!

Wotja 22.3.0 is now available for download for macOS and Windows - and will be there in a day or so for iOS and Android (where we're just waiting for reviews to complete).

We're incredibly excited by the new, tightly integrated in-app help system. We hope you like it!

NEW: A context sensitive "In-App" (and thus offline) help system for Wotja which includes the full & highly inter-linked "Wotja User Guide"; any links to online resources are clearly marked with a "link" icon.
    NEW: A "Help Resources" page with some handy information to help you get started with Wotja; any links to online resources (e.g. Tutorials) are clearly marked with a "link" icon.
    NEW: Should you want to use online webpage translation on the above pages a new “Help: In-App (uncheck for Online Help)” toggle (Settings > General) allows you instead to view online versions of the two above files.
    NEW: The "Help Resources" page is shown automatically when you first run the new version of Wotja and can be re-displayed at any time from Documents > Actions > Help - Resources, or if the checkbox "Show Automatically on Start?" is on.
    NEW: The Actions button in many screens (and in the Generator Menu) has a new menu item "Help - User Guide"; this is used to show the context sensitive help.
    NEW: In some Screens, where space allowed, we added a toolbar "Help" button that directly loads the context sensitive help.
    IMPROVED: The Wotja User Guide now incorporates the Engine Guides (WME, WAE and WSE).
    IMPROVED (Desktop apps): We've renamed some Help menu items to clarify when they are to on-line resources.
    IMPROVED: Toolbars in WAE Units have have been moved from the bottom to the top.
    FIXED (iOS): Crash on app shut-down, seen for some users.
    FIXED (Desktop apps): Generator Network MIDI lines could disappear when Wotja didn't have UI focus.

If you're using Windows 10, then please see here:
    https://intermorphic.com/wotja/help/#windows-docs-svg

Best wishes,

Pete

• @impete Great work, thank you!

• @Pierre118 said:
    @impete Great work, thank you!

Thanks Pierre! We've known for a long time how our users (both new and long-term!) have wanted an improved help system; and we've pushed this pretty much to the limits of what we could achieve technically, especially on the context-sensitive side.

What you see on the website, is what you see in-app. So as we fix and improve in one place, you'll see it in the other!

Tim has done some great work over the past 6 months to make this possible.

Tim is also going to continue to extend the tutorials, which we know are very popular!

With best wishes,

Pete

• Splendid stuff, an in -app help system will probably be the broken down barrier to full entry I need with this 🙏

• @Krupa said:
    Splendid stuff, an in -app help system will probably be the broken down barrier to full entry I need with this 🙏

Thanks - I hope you like it!

As always, do please let us know if you can think of ways we can improve things.

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@Krupa said:
    Splendid stuff, an in -app help system will probably be the broken down barrier to full entry I need with this 🙏

Thanks - I hope you like it!

As always, do please let us know if you can think of ways we can improve things.

Best wishes, Pete

Will do 👍👍

• edited April 2022

@impete if your application wasn’t so vast and capable it would be easier ;) for everyone

• @audiblevideo said:
    @impete if your application wasn’t so vast and capable it would be easier ;) for everyone

Haha! Yes, you have a point there :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• Hi

I’m certain now that using WJ in an AU3 host ( Cubasis 3 for me ) works best for my mainly ‘ fun’ noise making!

I’ve never really been into the randomization features preferring to build from scratch. But now.. hmmm.

Is there a way to randomize only the musical parameters and leave my Tracks/Cells/MIDI channels alone? Right now if I invoke the ‘dice’ everything changes… which I get… but can I rein it a bit?

Once I’ve got a nice sound pallete it would be nice to let WJ loose to play me things!

Thanks

• @ltf3 said:
    Is there a way to randomize only the musical parameters and leave my Tracks/Cells/MIDI channels alone? Right now if I invoke the ‘dice’ everything changes… which I get… but can I rein it a bit?

Hi! @imtim should get back to you on this one soon!

Best wishes, Pete

• edited April 2022

@ltf3 said:

Hi @lft3

I am assuming from what you have said that you are using Wotja to send MIDI into Cubase, and that (or with other plug-ins) is being used to generate sounds. In other words, you are not using the Wotja Audio Engine for sounds.

If you did want to use Wotja sounds, there are some easy to use randomization techniques that can be deployed (basically, random selection of "presets" - and you can add your own - or random selection of SF2 patches from a Wavetable). I have created a short tutorial video to show that. See: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/tutorials/item/mix-sfx-presets.html

If you want to randomize parameters that affect the composition (i.e. MIDI note generation > MIDI out), then there are 2 or three options.

1) You could use a Generator Type that (somewhere) has a "Dice" button. The two that come to mind are Sequence: Euclidian and Sequence: TTM (Text to Music).

2) You could also create/export a number of Generator templates (see https://intermorphic.com/wotja/tutorials/item/mix-template-export.html) that were configured to send MIDI on the channels you wanted and then configure a Randomization Preset to use JUST your templates.

3) You could try using WSE scripting to change parameters values at random/as you wish, but how to use that is beyond the scope of what we can realistically go into. We have some cookbooks and examples that you could try if you wanted to explore that! See: (https://intermorphic.com/wotja/22/guide/#wse-overview).

I hope there is something in the above that might give you some pointers that will help!

Atb

tim

• Hi all!

Tim has added a lot more Wotja 22 tutorials here:

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/tutorials/

Once you've had a chance to try them all out :), if there are any specific areas you'd like to see us cover, can you please let us know?

Thank you!

Best wishes, Pete

• edited April 2022

Hi Pete and everyone.
    Other projects took me away from Wotja for a good while and I'm delighted to to see the new update.
    Thanks a mill developers!

I had an idea regarding parameter ranges. At the moment the range sliders work in a linear fashion only, I believe?
    It is definitely something I would use a lot if the range could be faded from linear to log and beyond in both positive and negative directions. if that makes sense? Like the portamento curve in Serum below. For example if the range was set to 50 and the the 3rd curve below was set, the range of 1-25 would be a lot more common than 25-50. Or visa versa. I guess it would be like a variable bias towards one end of the set range. Maybe the curve could also go U shape too.

• Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding something:

I set up an ambient voice to play only one note every few seconds, the root note of the scale. Scale is set to C. Scale rule has P1 at 100%, all other notes at 0%.

So if I set pitch to 36 and pitch range to 11 it plays fine. If I decide to move my note up an octave, pitch 48 and pitch range 11 it plays fine. Same with midi note 60, and midi note 84 or 106. It’s fine at 24 too.

But: if I set the midi note to 72, or 96 I get no sound. The note doesn’t play. Why is that?

• @NiallD said:
    Hi Pete and everyone.
    Other projects took me away from Wotja for a good while and I'm delighted to to see the new update.
    Thanks a mill developers!

Thank you very much! :)

I had an idea regarding parameter ranges. At the moment the range sliders work in a linear fashion only, I believe?

Some of the sliders actually implement a log scaling.

I've looked many times on and off about alternative scalings, but have yet to come-up with what I think is a solid alternative. I'll keep thinking though - so, thanks for the suggestions!

Best wishes,

Pete

• @looperboy said:
    Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding something:

I set up an ambient voice to play only one note every few seconds, the root note of the scale. Scale is set to C. Scale rule has P1 at 100%, all other notes at 0%.

So if I set pitch to 36 and pitch range to 11 it plays fine. If I decide to move my note up an octave, pitch 48 and pitch range 11 it plays fine. Same with midi note 60, and midi note 84 or 106. It’s fine at 24 too.

But: if I set the midi note to 72, or 96 I get no sound. The note doesn’t play. Why is that?

Hi! That sounds like it might be a bug - hard to say without digging-in with the debugger. I'm about to take a few days off, so with luck I can look later in the week.

Wotja 22.4.0 is about to arrive - we've just completed the builds and testing. I hope you like all the improvements :)

Pete

• @impete said:

@looperboy said:
    Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding something:

Hi! That sounds like it might be a bug - hard to say without digging-in with the debugger. I'm about to take a few days off, so with luck I can look later in the week.

Wotja 22.4.0 is about to arrive - we've just completed the builds and testing. I hope you like all the improvements :)

Pete

Have a great few days off, thank you for all the great Wotja updates!

• @god said:
    Have a great few days off, thank you for all the great Wotja updates!

Thank you very much! Just getting back to grips with things again. 22.4.1 should be submitted out today (a bug fix update).

I hope you like all the changes in Wotja 22.4.0, including the Rule display changes!

Best wishes,

Pete

• Hi Folks,

Just to let you know that I’m currently working on a new feature for Wotja 22, which will allow you to manually specify plug-ins to be Blocked from Wotja scanning.

Plug-ins that fail to scan are put in the Block list automatically; this will happen even if Wotja crashes while scanning.

However, if the plug-in crashes a little bit later (due to multi-threading behaviour in the scanned plug-in) we cannot always catch this automatically.

If this happens, you'd need to block what you think is the crashing plug-in manually through our new screen:

• restart Wotja, move the plug-in to the "Block" list, and try another scan.
    • repeat until you’ve found the problem plug-in! :)

With best wishes,

Pete

• Hi Tim,

The bug I outlined in my post above is still present in 22.4.1: if the pitch is set to 72 or 96 in the key of C, the root Note doesn’t play.

• @looperboy said:
    Hi Tim,

The bug I outlined in my post above is still present in 22.4.1: if the pitch is set to 72 or 96 in the key of C, the root Note doesn’t play.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll start to look at that in the coming days; it is still in my near-term "to do" list.

Pete

• @looperboy said:

Hi again!

This was down to an corner-cased related to handling multi-octave scale rules.
    It is fixed for the next build.

As a work-around for now, you could get what you want by one of the following:

• set Pitch Range to 12
    • set the Octave in the scale rule to a non-zero value

Best wishes, Pete

• Hi folks,

Wotja 22.5.0 has just been submitted for review.

• NEW: Plug-in Scanner screen "Block" button that opens a "Select Plug-ins to Scan / Block" screen where you can more easily manage which plug-ins you want scanned and where the ones in the "Blocked" list aren't scanned; Plug-ins that fail to scan are put in the Block list automatically.
    • NEW: Wotja Pak "pak.xml" file now allows the overriding of individual audio sample settings using file-specific override values rather than sample-specific xml files; it supports use of "?" in the pak.xml, at top level or for a file override, which means don't pitch-shift / time-stretch as appropriate; it allows the "file" attribute to reference sub-folder path - the foregoing changes mean it is now much much much easier to create an audio sample Pak - see Wotja Pak Maker!
    • NEW: All Audio Sample Wotja Paks have been updated for V22.5 to take advantage of the changes above, so please re-download if you use them.
    • NEW: "Edit Mix FX..." and "Edit Track FX..." menu options in the Cell Actions menu for a Cell containing an audio sample provide a way to use FX on audio samples.
    • IMPROVED: Reworked the "Wotja Pak Maker" information and incorporated it into a new section of the Wotja User Guide (which is also available in-app).
    • IMPROVED: Added support for 32-bit floating point WAV sample data.
    • IMPROVED: Intermorphic Wotja Paks now use the path "intermorphic/wotja/paks/mypak".
    • IMPROVED: Sorting the LHS panel of the template browser for mounted zip files (e.g. Paks).
    • FIXED: MIDI file recording issues in multi-cell use case.
    • FIXED: Issue where mono audio files (wav/ogg) weren't imported properly.
    • FIXED: If audio loop missing, display cell as red.
    • FIXED: Rare issue handling Scale Rules.
    • FIXED: Rare crash when editing FXM network and selecting FX unit for deletion.
    • FIXED (Android): Issue where "Complete action using" could be shown if you had both Wotja Pro 21 and Wotja 22 Pro installed and you selected a text editor; this issue only affected some devices.
    • FIXED: Opening of old .mixtikl files (from 2008).
    • CHANGED (Android): Temporarily disabled Accessibility support until we can find a solution to the JUCE code issue in that area.

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:
    Hi folks,

Wotja 22.5.0 has just been submitted for review.

• NEW: Plug-in Scanner screen "Block" button that opens a "Select Plug-ins to Scan / Block" screen where you can more easily manage which plug-ins you want scanned and where the ones in the "Blocked" list aren't scanned; Plug-ins that fail to scan are put in the Block list automatically.
    • NEW: Wotja Pak "pak.xml" file now allows the overriding of individual audio sample settings using file-specific override values rather than sample-specific xml files; it supports use of "?" in the pak.xml, at top level or for a file override, which means don't pitch-shift / time-stretch as appropriate; it allows the "file" attribute to reference sub-folder path - the foregoing changes mean it is now much much much easier to create an audio sample Pak - see Wotja Pak Maker!
    • NEW: All Audio Sample Wotja Paks have been updated for V22.5 to take advantage of the changes above, so please re-download if you use them.
    • NEW: "Edit Mix FX..." and "Edit Track FX..." menu options in the Cell Actions menu for a Cell containing an audio sample provide a way to use FX on audio samples.
    • IMPROVED: Reworked the "Wotja Pak Maker" information and incorporated it into a new section of the Wotja User Guide (which is also available in-app).
    • IMPROVED: Added support for 32-bit floating point WAV sample data.
    • IMPROVED: Intermorphic Wotja Paks now use the path "intermorphic/wotja/paks/mypak".
    • IMPROVED: Sorting the LHS panel of the template browser for mounted zip files (e.g. Paks).
    • FIXED: MIDI file recording issues in multi-cell use case.
    • FIXED: Issue where mono audio files (wav/ogg) weren't imported properly.
    • FIXED: If audio loop missing, display cell as red.
    • FIXED: Rare issue handling Scale Rules.
    • FIXED: Rare crash when editing FXM network and selecting FX unit for deletion.
    • FIXED (Android): Issue where "Complete action using" could be shown if you had both Wotja Pro 21 and Wotja 22 Pro installed and you selected a text editor; this issue only affected some devices.
    • FIXED: Opening of old .mixtikl files (from 2008).
    • CHANGED (Android): Temporarily disabled Accessibility support until we can find a solution to the JUCE code issue in that area.

Best wishes, Pete

It’s available now!

Thank you for this and all the other updates @impete . It feels like the year with the most Wotja updates ever.

• @god said:
    It’s available now!

Thank you for this and all the other updates @impete . It feels like the year with the most Wotja updates ever.

Thank you for the thank you :smile:

Wotja certainly keeps us busy.

We're already planning ahead to Wotja 23 ... :wink:

Pete

• The bug is fixed! Root note on 72 and 96 are fully functional!!

Thanks, Tim.

• @looperboy said:
    The bug is fixed! Root note on 72 and 96 are fully functional!!

Thanks for letting us know! :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• edited May 2022

Hi
    Is Wotja 22 Pro 39.99can$ A one time purchase?
    If I Purchase The App can I use it on my MacBook too ??