Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Here I Sit Broken Hearted

Sometimes I sit and think.
Sometimes I just sit.

Comments

• Playful and fun. I smiled the whole time I listened. I really liked the vocal parts even if I couldn’t quite decide what they were saying. Guess I’m getting old.

• Very good development. H itks it with the violin part. Wish I could hear more of that. Maybe next time.

• @MadeofWax said:
    I really liked the vocal parts even if I couldn’t quite decide what they were saying. Guess I’m getting old.

I think it is "Put a fork in me".

@Paulieworld Great piece, lovely dreamlike feel.

• @MadeofWax said:
    Playful and fun. I smiled the whole time I listened. I really liked the vocal parts even if I couldn’t quite decide what they were saying. Guess I’m getting old.

I couldn't understand the words either. They just sounded like they fit the mood. Sometimes I like to use 'vocals' as instruments. Once in a while the words make sense, but that's usually just an accident.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very good development. H itks it with the violin part. Wish I could hear more of that. Maybe next time.

When I first got into iPad music making I used an app called 'Notion'. The interface uses standard notation and that felt comfortable and familiar. Believe it or not, I wanted to write string quartets! I quickly realized that I was not very good at it. I guess there is a good reason that people still listen to Haydn.

• @JudasZimmerman said:

@MadeofWax said:
    I really liked the vocal parts even if I couldn’t quite decide what they were saying. Guess I’m getting old.

The title for this is the first line in a joke that you can find scribbled on the walls in the men's room. If you aren't familiar with it, just do a Google search. It' still funny even after all these years. Titles are difficult for instrumental music, for me at least, as there is no story to tell. There are a few exceptions, such as 'Take Five'. Thanks for listening!

• Very interesting and engaging piece. That strings section at 1:35 was nice, a lovely change, too.

• edited May 2022

@spyrogaia Thank you! Like most of my stuff, I just sort of stumbled across that string bit, and thought it sounded nice.

• Liked this one a lot.. unlike your Rap track… but that was just the Rap bit that doesn’t do it for me… it would be a poorer world if we all liked / disliked the same things 😊

• @GeoTony said:
    Liked this one a lot.. unlike your Rap track… but that was just the Rap bit that doesn’t do it for me… it would be a poorer world if we all liked / disliked the same things 😊

I just wanted to give Rap a try, just to see what it was like. It reminds me of an Icelandic 'delicacy' called Hákarl. I tried it once and that was enough. At least it's now off my bucket list. Thanks for listening to this one! This is more my style.

• @JudasZimmerman said:

@MadeofWax said:

LOL. I think you are right about the lyrics. Now I can't unhear it!

• Sounds very much suited to a cinematic or gaming experience. Sound very nice and sounds like a lot of work went into it.

Am I the only one reminded of toilet wall humour?

• @Ailerom said:
    Sounds very much suited to a cinematic or gaming experience. Sound very nice and sounds like a lot of work went into it.

Am I the only one reminded of toilet wall humour?

LOL! As I mentioned to another member, titles are just sort of an afterthought. I don't take this too seriously and occasionally give a song a silly title. It's an ancient joke, but I'm glad that someone else caught that. I don't feel quite so old now! I don't know how much time others put into their projects so I don't whether it's 'a lot' or not. I just kept on playing with it until I figured... Ok, that's enough. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you!

• @MadeofWax said:
    Playful and fun. I smiled the whole time I listened. I really liked the vocal parts even if I couldn’t quite decide what they were saying. Guess I’m getting old.

@MadeofWax @LinearLineman Thank you both for your supportive words in that previous post. I usually try to keep things light and focused on the music. For whatever reason, I wandered off the reservation and decided to make that one about me. That's always a topic that I never discuss publicly... unless I have had a few. In any case, thank you very much, and it's a great pleasure to know both of you, albeit virtually.

Mike, that piece about water was quite fascinating, but not entirely unexpected since we are mostly made of water!

• I love the atmosphere and the mix of samples and sequencing. The intro drums are pretty funky too, and the track is always evolving and changing which really keeps it interesting.

Glad to see you're still using the exquisite corpse as your genre! It's totally fitting for this type of musical collage :)

• @richardyot said:
    I love the atmosphere and the mix of samples and sequencing. The intro drums are pretty funky too, and the track is always evolving and changing which really keeps it interesting.

Glad to see you're still using the exquisite corpse as your genre! It's totally fitting for this type of musical collage :)

I also think it's the perfect tag. Thanks for the idea, and for giving this a listen. Have a great day!