Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JWM - Koala Drone 052122a

My first Ambient jam in Koala. First thing I produced in four months! Used four originally recorded samples! Screenshots below as to how I went about it. Cheers and enjoy!

Comments

• edited May 2022

Ooh I think @Svetlovska and @iOSTRAKON may enjoy this?

Sounds like I'm stuck on an arctic ice sheet drifting away from life....

I do love that Koala is being used for music other than the traditional hip hop/boom bap.

• edited May 2022

Well, I can speak only for @Svetlovska, but - yeah! Our hero has found the hidden tomb from whence the nightly attacks have been originating, and now stalks silently toward the casket containing the beast, her only protection the amulet she holds in her right hand before her, and the sweat-slick obsidian dagger granted her by the crone in her left. The amulet begins to glow. The cursed beast within the casket is stirring. But our hero doesn’t know the amulet she carries, is cursed also…

• Yes mate!

• @dasgoods said:

Honestly? That'd be awesome! I see @Svetlovska commented, and I'll reply after this reply. 😃

That's such a cool interpretation mate! Yep, I decided to use the filter to highpass and resample most of the recordings I made to give the overall piece a colder sound to it. I even recorded myself vaping to obtain a breathy sound texture, lol. @sevenape 's Youtube walkthrough taught me so much as to how I can manipulate sound in Koala Sampler!

I do love that Koala is being used for music other than the traditional hip hop/boom bap.

Oh I love Hip Hop and Boom Bap (especially Boom Bap as lately I'm heavily addicted to listening to Dr. Dre's "2001" album, one of the best damn Hip Hop albums in existence). But I got this really strong Ambient itch to scratch, lol. I wanted so badly to save up for a down payment on an OP-1 Field, but after (re)discovering Koala and all it can do, the fact I can sample anything and play it back, etc, it kinda stifled my motivation a little to save up for the OP-1 Field, lol. Oops, lol.

In the future, I bet I could build a whole Justice "Cross" styled track in Koala, especially now that I have the timestretching and piano roll "Samurai Edition" IAP. Then again, unlike Justice, I'd sample instead from copyright-free music and freesound.org samples so as to be able to upload my finished product to Soundcloud without worry of a copyright strike/lawsuit, lol. (Then again, the way Justice used to build up tracks during their "Cross" era cannot be topped imho.)

• @Svetlovska said:
    Well, I can speak only for @Svetlovska, but - yeah! Our hero has found the hidden tomb from whence the nightly attacks have been originating, and now stalks silently toward the casket containing the beast, her only protection the amulet she holds in her right hand before her, and the sweat-slick obsidian dagger granted her by the crone in her left. The amulet begins to glow. The cursed beast within the casket is stirring. But our hero doesn’t know the amulet she carries, is cursed also…

I love this! In fact, the low growling hum was me, but pitched down to sound super ominous and forboding! I love how our minds are on the same wavelength mate. :) Cheers.

• @sevenape said:
    Yes mate!

And it's all thanks to that youtube video I watched! Sometimes opening an app and seeing how deep it can go can be overwhelming at first, but your video put everything into an easy-to-understand context! Cheers mate! :)

• I followed your progression toward ambient music through another thread:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50269/my-current-journey-for-fulfilling-my-lust-for-ambient-soundscape-creation#latest

Your track shows that you got the grips of @sevenape tutorial :)
    I wonder if the same result could be made with Loopy Pro.
    I played with it in the free trial period and leaning towards the in-app purchase.
    I know Loopy Pro is capable of time-stretching, but i wonder if the quality is as good as Koala
    With loopy Pro you can choose your own effects per channel.
    It is just an idea that came into my mind seeing you working with Koala :)

• edited May 2022

@Identor said:
    I followed your progression toward ambient music through another thread:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50269/my-current-journey-for-fulfilling-my-lust-for-ambient-soundscape-creation#latest

I played with it in the free trial period and leaning towards the in-app purchase.
    I know Loopy Pro is capable of time-stretching, but i wonder if the quality is as good as Koala

Cheers mate! :) Yes, and while @elf_audio 's introductory tutorials helped me understand how Koala works, @sevenape 's tutorial demystified a lot of things and gave me a proper structured workflow to start out with and build from. I can't recommend these videos enough!

Loopy Pro is an amazing piece of kit but was a bit overwhelming when I first tried it during its trial period due to how a user can customise just about everything in it. 😅 Once I come to grips with the "Ambient jam" workflow using Koala (probably by Monday), I'll definitely redownload Loopy Pro, purchase the unlock IAP, and dive deep into it. Per-channel effects canNOT be slept on given I'd love to filter individual sounds in and out and have some sounds washed in reverb while others less so.

I have dabbled with Ambient last year in NS2, Drambo, and Gadget, but always programmed, never jammed live, so this is still so new but exciting to me! 😃

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Identor said:

Cheers mate! :) Yes, and while @elf_audio 's introductory tutorials helped me understand how Koala works, @sevenape 's tutorial demystified a lot of things and gave me a proper structured workflow to start out with and build from. I can't recommend these videos enough!

Loopy Pro is an amazing piece of kit but was a bit overwhelming when I first tried it during its trial period due to how a user can customise just about everything in it. 😅 Once I come to grips with the "Ambient jam" workflow using Koala (probably by Monday), I'll definitely redownload Loopy Pro, purchase the unlock IAP, and dive deep into it. Per-channel effects canNOT be slept on given I'd love to filter individual sounds in and out and have some sounds washed in reverb while others less so.

I have dabbled with Ambient last year in NS2, Drambo, and Gadget, but always programmed, never jammed live, so this is still so new but exciting to me! 😃

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Identor said:

Cheer guys! I’m glad it could help! Doing it “live” like this is a ton of fun, remember that if you want you can combine this method with programmed stuff to add a sort of interesting evolving bed to a more structured piece!

• @sevenape said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Identor said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Identor said:

Cheer guys! I’m glad it could help! Doing it “live” like this is a ton of fun, remember that if you want you can combine this method with programmed stuff to add a sort of interesting evolving bed to a more structured piece!

Interesting. :) Do you have a video like that mate? Or any tips and tricks?

• I will check this soon! Evacuated New Mexico and currently in TX - keep the noise flowing

@dasgoods said:

• I like the space you created. and thanks for showing your set ups.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I will check this soon! Evacuated New Mexico and currently in TX - keep the noise flowing

@dasgoods said:

I will mate. I'm sorry about the fires. That's scary af. If it's any consolation, you definitely are one of my inspirations for delving into the experimental side of sound creation. :)

• @Stochastically said:
    I like the space you created. and thanks for showing your set ups.

I'm glad you dig it mate. I don't post stuff to be admired. I like to learn and be inspired as well as help others to learn and be inspired.

• Your words made my day // always sacred when we all perpetuate inspiration

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    I will check this soon! Evacuated New Mexico and currently in TX - keep the noise flowing

@dasgoods said:

I will mate. I'm sorry about the fires. That's scary af. If it's any consolation, you definitely are one of my inspirations for delving into the experimental side of sound creation. :)

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

@dasgoods said:

• Wow, this was intense
    I’m in awe

• @Bob said:
    Wow, this was intense
    I’m in awe

Thanks mate. :) How has life been treating you these days?

• edited May 2022

Here’s a more detailed overview of Koala in Drambo:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50306/let-s-play-koala-in-drambo

Sorry might be wrong thread 🤔

• @echoopera said:
    Here’s a more detailed overview of Koala in Drambo:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50306/let-s-play-koala-in-drambo

Sorry might be wrong thread 🤔

COOL! :D Definitely checking this out! Even if the wrong thread, I can learn from it.

Speaking of threads, https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50303/zerodebug-is-gone-studiomux-modestep-touchable , this thread has brought back the GAS regarding the OP-1 Field. :lol: But, since I'm not Mr. Moneybags, I'm going to pass on the OP-1 Field for the time being.