Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

It's A New Day

I wrote this for my wife about 2 years ago when she was feeling down. She usually only likes country music and gospel, but she said this one made her feel peaceful. It's not 'Beer For My Horses' or 'Amazing Grace', but it it seemed to work for her. I hope you have the same experience. Peace!

Comments

• Sounds like country to me. And that’s the gospel truth. 😉😘🙏

• Starts in a George Winston vein... hip new age. The guitar comes in and it's Windham Hill.
    Lots of people pay for this type of track to connect to music as a force of nature. The wooden flute and trumpet mixed with synths that could be those Blue Man Group tube
    instruments. I used to use soundtracks like this in my cubical work years... Suzanne Cianni and the Windham Hill artists.

I can see how you got past your wife's resistance to your more adventurous mixes with this one. It's got healing juju. I like all your inventions. You have good taste for my biases in music and you never bore me.

• @McD ...and you never bore me.

That's the highest compliment that anyone can give me! Thank you.

You may love, or hate it, but I'm happy as long as I don't put you to sleep. This track was in response the 'rap' song that I posted. I needed something to cancel it. I tried a long hot shower, but I still felt gritty, and guilty of something. This is probably the closest I can get to ambient. I think I was trying to simulate an AUM session. The drone background is Moodscaper, I think. Everything else was just bits and pieces that I superimposed over the timeline. I have quite a few workups like this. If this get some plays, I might give it another try. Your comments are always well thought out and give me an insight into what others hear in my creations. I very much enjoy reading them. Have a great week!

• Very peaceful but nicely complex - it never breaks the mood through the changes.

• @LinearLineman @JudasZimmerman It's probably about as 'country' as the Dixie Dregs (who I like, or what's left of them). I think this one is rather nice, and I glad I'm found it among my other stuff. A little BarkFilter and MagicDeathEye was all it needed. Thanks for listening!

• A lovely piece of music and if it brought peace to your wife when she needed it, all the better. I still haven’t managed to make something my wife likes and my son thinks my music is “just random notes”.
    I don’t think you needed to “cancel” the rap piece. Stretching as an artist is something valuable. I’m glad you decided to share this too.

• @MadeofWax said:
    A lovely piece of music and if it brought peace to your wife when she needed it, all the better. I still haven’t managed to make something my wife likes and my son thinks my music is “just random notes”.
    I don’t think you needed to “cancel” the rap piece. Stretching as an artist is something valuable. I’m glad you decided to share this too.

Thanks Mac. I'm sure your son will eventually appreciate what you are doing and be proud! Maybe try doing a project in a genre that your wife likes... even if it makes you go nuts. That's what love is all about. Regarding the rap thing, I will be happy to see it fade away to page 2 and beyond.