Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

An ambient piece

I recorded a few simple phrases using my favorite iOS piano (Big Softy S in MU Waverley) and let the recorder run a while before I pressed stop, I put those recordings in file players in AUM. It’s the Music for Airports idea. Then I bussed the whole thing into Velvet Machine with everything on max for the pad sound. I added a couple vocal samples and it came out like this:

Comments

• this is absolutely beautiful.

• Very nice, slow overlapping notes that become chords working together in this mellow space.
    Warm

• Goooooood stuff!

• This is wonderful, @rottencat!

I especially like the subtle interplay between the sweeping voices and perfectly restrained piano.

It all hangs together effortlessly in the air, like a slow-moving cloud.

• Thanks guys! @DavidEnglish, it was especially gratifying to read your comments. Most of my wrangling with this piece was with trying to strike the proper balance between the voices and the piano. When I got that right the rest was easy.

• Gorgeous beautiful sonic masterpiece! It made me feel very emotional yet calm. My only critique...I wish it lasted 40 minutes instead of 4, if not even longer. I could live inside of this calm, wistful vibe for the rest of my life and not regret a single moment.

• Wow, @jwmmakerofmusic, thanks so much!

• This is very nice. Music for introspection, I should say. Also, maybe for some sort of a mind-journey. :smile:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've been thinking about how I might use a piano within an ambient drone kind of idea. This really inspired me.

@spyrogaia said:
    This is very nice. Music for introspection, I should say. Also, maybe for some sort of a mind-journey. :smile:

I agree with you. This can work well for reading too.

• Thanks @ReflectiveHaze and @Stochastically.

Ever since I heard Taking Tiger Mountain (1975?) I’ve been trying to sound “Eno-esque.” Nice to know I come close once in a while.🙂