Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone having problems with the forum crashing - not loading etc?

I’m having problems like this on a regular basis now on an Air4 and an Air2. Even getting this message on has taken four attempts. Is it just me?

Mod note: discussion further down in this thread seems to indicate that for those having this issue, changing the DNS server configuration to use 1.1.1.1 may solve or at least mitigate the issue. Worth a shot.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited May 2022

No problems here.

• @robosardine said:
    I’m having problems like this on a regular basis now on an Air4 and an Air2. Even getting this message on has taken four attempts. Is it just me?

Same here, last week or two it has gone back to sometimes loading, sometimes not.

• Try a different browser?

• Yes! Really needs attention.

I’ve done all the usual clear/reset fixes. It only happens here

• I was booted off today. Had to sign back in. But thats it.

• Yes once yesterday. iOS Chrome

• Yep struggling to navigate & having to reload unresponsive pages, etc.

iPad Air 12.5.5
    Safari

• No problems, ever. iCabMobile on iPad 6, iPadOS 15.5.5.

Might you be having trouble with an ad blocker, proxy, or other privacy device?

• Yes, constantly for the last week or so: every third page I try and open freezes, I get an error from Safari stating it can't open the page, so I refresh and it eventually loads. This is both on my Air 3, and iPhone 12. No problems at all on my desktop Mac, so seems to be a mobile version issue.

• edited May 2022

Rarely. But does happen here and there. I usually chalk it up to my device’s memory. I clear safari history and data in settings, usually helps. It’s also usually when I’m jumping between multiple sites and the App Store.

When it does happen Mine opens, but after a little error message pops up in upper left corner saying website crash error need to reload, or something like that.

I also use an app Mobile Security Pro to clear cache memory.

• Yes, quite a bit lately via iPad safari.

• edited May 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Are you there @Michael ? It’s chronic

• Last time someone was having issues like this it was because of an ad blocker, I think. Would you guys mind checking?

• edited May 2022
  • Plain Safari here (no blockers or anything installed in the browser). Happens across Mac and iOS devices and only the AB forums. Have not noticed any issues on my non-logged-in Android phone. Did this a few months ago and resolved itself. Using BT ISP in the UK if that is a common factor.

• Yep same here.

• I had an ad blocker - which I had forgotten about due to all the ads I come across. I have deleted it and soft reset the iPad - no joy. It’s all getting stuck.

• If the people having problems post their country or region it might help. Where I am (USA, California), there is absolutely zero problem. Given that the number of people reporting problems is small, it could well be a regional thing.

• I’m in the UK.

• I’ve had a few times where the site just won’t reload on iPhone chrome, closing the tab and starting again works immediately. U.K. here too…

• UK here too, no ad-blockers, cache cleared. My current forum experience which went from every third page, to every page this morning:

• rarely. The only oddity for me is tapping an app store link sometimes opens in a floating window. Other times nothing happens and I have to tap, hold and open in another tab.

• I wonder if folks with problems are using a DNS other then that from their ISP?

Also, are you using a VPN, which might confuse things?

Since the site works reliably for some of us, it does seem likely that the problems are at the particular ISP, or in the user's configuration.

• edited May 2022

@uncledave said:
    I wonder if folks with problems are using a DNS other then that from their ISP?

Also, are you using a VPN, which might confuse things?

Since the site works reliably for some of us, it does seem likely that the problems are at the particular ISP, or in the user's configuration.

Nope, standard ISP connection here, no VPN, and no problems with other websites.

Worth noting is there's no issue at all with the desktop version here, but both of my mobile devices became affected with the issue at the same time. It's fair to say the website is unusable for me now via mobile.

The issue is absolutely nothing to do with personal configurations, cache, ad blockers, VPN's, is due to a configuration change either on the website itself, or hosting/Cloudshare platform, and seems restricted to certain geographical locations in the UK.

• Same here. I also have an Air1 with practically nothing on it apart from a few music apps - certainly no VPN’s or ad blockers and it wouldn’t even let me sign in.

• edited May 2022
  • @MaximilianConscious said:
    Early days but I think I’ve found a solution and have a marked difference in performance.

1. Sign out of your account
    2. Put your device in Airplane Mode
    3. Turn off your device
    4. Turn the device back on
    5. Turn Airplane Mode back off (connecting you back to WiFi)
    6. Log back into your account

Worth a try because the alternative has been painful

Didn't work for me. I switch off my device and log out of everything at the end of each day anyway.

• edited May 2022
  • @MaximilianConscious said:
    That’s a shame, did you try the steps exactly as written?

Yes. And I've tried again just in case.

It didn't work for me, the pages still hang and then throw up an error.