Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shh… Be Still

A short simple tone poem about peace, sadness and hope.

Inspired by the many improvisations of @LinearLineman . This is not improvised, unless you consider struggling with every note for 2 weeks a very slow improvisation.

Comments

• So you wrote this on a piano roll? Would like to hear some choirs in this, if not totally choral. Just repeat with different instrumentation. That’s what I do. It’s a very effective technique, IMO. Very well done.

• Thanks. There is a choir layer as part of the pad, just not obvious. It’s 2 obsidian analog synth patches and 1 Pure Synth choir. Yes piano roll in Nanostudio 2. Made heavy use of the tempo track.

• Absolutely beautiful. Emotional. Inspirational. I think you may have been Maurice Ravel in a previous life.

This is not improvised, unless you consider struggling with every note for 2 weeks a very slow improvisation.

I call that SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).
    Good things come to those who wait.
    All things are full of labor - Ecclesiastes 1:8

This inspires me. Stay tuned!

• @Paulieworld said:
    I think you may have been Maurice Ravel in a previous life.

LOL! I always aspired to be the reincarnation of Beethoven. Could never get that to work.

And thanks.

• Such lush beautiful chords. And a wonderful use of such a spacious reverb. With the video it's quite hypnotic. Definitely enjoyed this.

• @boomer said:
    Inspired by the many improvisations of @LinearLineman . This is not improvised, unless you consider struggling with every note for 2 weeks a very slow improvisation.
    Yes piano roll in Nanostudio 2. Made heavy use of the tempo track.

I liked this a lot too. The candle was also a good idea. It sounds like you have a similar workflow to me but rather than say "struggling" , with midi editing, I find it to be one of my main enjoyments. Akin to building or sculpting. I didn't know that Nanostudio had a tempo track. I've always missed that on ios and wished that Xequence had it. That's one reason I usually end up transferring midi to my desktop.

• @Stochastically said:

rather than say "struggling" , with midi editing…..

It wasn’t the midi editing I struggled with. It was composing process itself. I.e. “what should the next chord be?”
    Jazz harmonies are outside my comfort zone. Keyboard players, like @LinearLineman , can just play it in perfectly first time. I am a classically trained woodwind player who never had to deal with more than one note at a time.

ns2 has a marvelous midi editing environment, quite similar to Xequence. That process is always enjoyable for me as well. I agree it is very much like sculpting.

Thanks much for listening and taking the time to comment.

• Lovely stuff… hints of Barbers Adagio to me… which is a good thing.