Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

317 East 32nd Street / Lennie Tristano and Time Condensation

edited May 2022 in Creations

Charley Krachy on solo tenor Sax playing Lennie Tristano’s iconic line based on the jazz standard “Out Of Nowhere”. I used Cubasis Timestretch to increase the pace on the second and third choruses.
2x, 3x, 4x Charley’s tenor. Lennie’s version below.

Comments

• I didn't know the song from before and listened to your track first, then the video, then your track again. It sounded completely different knowing the context, and now I can't reach my original experience any more!

That timestretch is really good by the way, I wouldn't have been able to tell.

• edited May 2022

@JudasZimmerman, yeah, time stretch is very helpful. Here’s the tune both versions are based on. One by Ella and updated, sort of, by Brubeck and Desmond. Now you should get really confused!

• I've really liked all of these sax collaborations you've done and this one shines. Also I like your restraint on not adding other instruments.

• Thank you @Stochastically. I spent about three minutes trying to add a synth when I realized it was superfluous. Less is usually more.

• So, you recorded Charley Krachy? And then doubled it up in spots and harmonized it? Whose voice of approval is it that comes in periodocally?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @JudasZimmerman, yeah, time stretch is very helpful. Here’s the tune both versions are based on. One by Ella and updated, sort of, by Brubeck and Desmond. Now you should get really confused!

Jazz is crazy.

• @JudasZimmerman well, lol, it’s supposed to be crazy.