Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Portland

PurePiano, BeatHawk Celeste and Acoustic Bass and ISymphonic Strings.

Comments

• I moved a bit further south. I miss seeing Mt. Hood towering in the background but definitely don’t miss the traffic.

• edited May 2022

I listened to this one a few times trying to find the perfect word that would describe what felt like "the mood" of this piece ( At least to my ears) . The one that keeps coming to mind is "wistful". There's a playfulness to this but also melancholy. Or maybe that's just me. Your improvisation skills are impressive as always. I definitely enjoyed my multiple playthroughs.

• Love the mellow vibe Mike! @LinearLineman

• Beautiful piece.. makes one wonder what is or was in Portland.

• @MadeofWax, I think Celeste=Wistful. Thx for listening and remarking!
    @Edward_Alexander yep, that’s me, mellow mike.
    @JudasZimmerman Portland just popped into my head. Never been there. Not sure if it’s even a port.

• edited May 2022

Like the melancholy of this one, and some of the odd progressions. I’m not a muso, as you know, so I can’t say what it is you are doing here, but it seems you are hitting a lot of ‘wrong’ notes which sound just right to me, setting up an expectation in a phrase which then resolves somewhere I didn’t expect, constantly keeping me on my toes.I really like that. Is this something about the scale you are using? Can you explain it to a dunce like me?

• @Svetlovska i’m using a Gm harmonic minor scale. I don’t use scales very often. When I do it’s usually this one. G,A Bb, C, D, Eb, F#, G. I do reach for some outlying notes and played some dissonances. Thx for the follow. Glad it intrigued you.

• @LinearLineman : Interesting! I guess it must be those dissonances that I was picking up on? Some kind of jazz voodoo that lets a wrong note be right! Gonna have to try that out myself. And maybe keep it to myself, too, if it ends up sounding like I think it will… Not sure I have the necessary voodoo chops to pull it off… :)

• @Svetlovska Yes, the dissonces, probably. I can send you the midi if you want to have a look at the piano roll. You can mangle it if you want.

• Yes please!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @JudasZimmerman Portland just popped into my head. Never been there. Not sure if it’s even a port.

Heh - that's quite interesting! I guess it says something about how music seems to somehow make sense - that it means something, and is about something. To me it felt certain that this had to be about something that happened in Portland at some point.

Maybe it just hasn't happened yet!

• @JudasZimmerman in retrospect it was about Portland. I can’t speak for the future. It might be about Seattle then.

• Like hitting piano strings with little bells. That's a nice touch, giving the melancholic, dreamy vibe a special touch.
    And the "dissonant" chords resolving back into the main theme sound like they're about to tell me something.

• Thanks for the listen and the praise @rs2000. Appreciated.

• @rs2000 said:
    Like hitting piano strings with little bells. That's a nice touch, giving the melancholic, dreamy vibe a special touch.
    And the "dissonant" chords resolving back into the main theme sound like they're about to tell me something.

Totally agree here about the sound of the bell-like sound with the piano.
    I lived in Portland for a moment in the distant past.

• Thanks for listening @Stochastically. Celeste is a perfect instrument to combine with a piano.