Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Polylegato synths ?

Hi all,

Poly-legato, poly-portamento…
Do you know of iOS synths allowing poly-glide when set on « poly » mode ?

The only one I know is MK Sensation Xtreme from Gospel Musicians (and maybe Pure Synth Platinum, I don’t have it) + 1 or 2 of the « Hybrid synth » presets from Korg Module.

Do you know of other ones ? Do you find this option valuable - I do ! - ?

I wished the new Tera Pro had it.

Considering MKSx and PSP might be the only ones, I was wondering who used them for their synthesis capabilities rather than their well-known rompler capabilities. I have the impression they are overlooked regarding this area.

Thanks !

Comments

• Both Animoogs. Still the best poly gliding and sliding that I’ve come across

• The PPG Apps had polylegato, and it worked so well with WaveGenerator. I'm glad I still have all 4 of them, but the sample rate affects their pitch. I would have to use a sound card or change the scale pitch.

• Animoog, Model 15, and Geoshred are the best for this. They allow you to adjust the amount of glide and the amount/speed of pitch correction.

• @Paulo164 Thanks for the heads up! Tera Synth has poly portamento, but it seems that it got lost somewhere and is not working in Tera Pro. It's a bug and not a missing feature...

• Drambo does it.
    You can either use the CV Glide module to only let overlapping notes glide or e.g. the slew limiter to have the glide effect even for non overlapping notes.
    Both modules accept polyphonic signals.

• edited May 2022

@db909 said:
    Both Animoogs. Still the best poly gliding and sliding that I’ve come across

I feel dumb because it’s been 24 hrs since I try to activate poly legato on AnimoogZ, to no avail 😂. In mono mode, I hear the difference but not in poly…
    Would you have an example of a factory preset with polylegato please ?

• @VirSyn said:
    @Paulo164 Thanks for the heads up! Tera Synth has poly portamento, but it seems that it got lost somewhere and is not working in Tera Pro. It's a bug and not a missing feature...

Wow, you detected my topic without me even flagging you explicitly 😆👍
    Ok, it would be nice if you could reactivate this feature.

• edited May 2022

@Paulo164 said:

@db909 said:

I feel dumb because it’s been 24 hrs since I try to activate poly legato on AnimoogZ, to no avail 😂. In mono mode, I hear the difference but not in poly…

I haven’t messed with Z much, but in the first one I don’t recall having to activate anything, as long as it was in poly mode, and also legato mode. You might try turning the pitch correction knob on the keyboard all the way down and then gliding some chords to really hear the pitch gliding at least. And then you’ll just need a patch that evolves predictably to hear the independent voices legato gliding. But obviously you gotta be playing and sliding chords. Overall it really shouldn’t be a big to do. Sort of baked into any MPE synth

• @db909 said:

@Paulo164 said:

@db909 said:

I haven’t messed with Z much, but in the first one I don’t recall having to activate anything, as long as it was in poly mode, and also legato mode. You might try turning the pitch correction knob on the keyboard all the way down and then gliding some chords to really hear the pitch gliding at least. And then you’ll just need a patch that evolves predictably to hear the independent voices legato gliding. But obviously you gotta be playing and sliding chords. Overall it really shouldn’t be a big to do. Sort of baked into any MPE synth

Ah okay. But here you are talking about pitch bending, not poly portamento !
    Portamento occurs when you play 2 notes (or more) separated by a note-off event.
    Pitch bending is a single note-on event.

• edited May 2022

@Paulo164 and all interested: Just released Tera Pro 1.0.4
    Now Poly Portamento should work again

• @VirSyn said:
    @Paulo164 and all interested: Just released Tera Pro 1.0.4
    Now Poly Portamento should work again

Thank you !
    I will try this later this afternoon.