Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Doug does “Egoist”.. What an awesome app!

Comments

• I guess it's sort of a DJ's toolbox?

• edited May 2022

Seriously considering buying this, all the sugar bytes apps have been so good to me. It's like the their apps just work the way I think things should work lol, they are naturally intuitive for me.

• @CapnWillie said:
    @AudioGus remember our old egoist explorations? I’m sure I started a thread about it years ago and you posted a bunch of content. I may have been Willienegus or Madmax or some other monicker then. Certainly taken a few forum hiatuses since then.

I still love egoist. Haven’t used it much recently but it’s a sample chopping cheat code for sure. Looperator is another must have if you like SugarBytes and mangling loops.

Another of Sugarbytes’ strangely brilliant children. Hi Willienegus!

• edited May 2022

Egoist is the gateway app to SugarBytes addiction

• edited May 2022

DJ Shadow at 30.37.

• @CapnWillie said:
    @AudioGus remember our old egoist explorations? I’m sure I started a thread about it years ago and you posted a bunch of content. I may have been Willienegus or Madmax or some other monicker then. Certainly taken a few forum hiatuses since then.

I still love egoist. Haven’t used it much recently but it’s a sample chopping cheat code for sure. Looperator is another must have if you like SugarBytes and mangling loops.

Awww yeah! It still is a staple for me in Maschine land. Cheat code is a great description. Definitely pairs well with all the time fx plugins like Looperator, Effectrix etc. Just got Effectrix on desktop, it was the last ios vst I was missing so had to cave in.

• Egoist is so fun

• I love Egoist, its bass engine is massively underrated.

• Egoist is a top app for me, probably in my top 10 ever. It may have the best implementation of a randomizer of any app I’ve seen, and the drum and bass engines, while simple, sound spectacular. That’s before you even get into how simple and quick the song mode and pattern chaining is. All around 10/10 plugin.

• @FastGhost said:
    I love Egoist, its bass engine is massively underrated.

Just commented something similar. The drum and bass engines are both very underrated.

• @AudioGus said:

@CapnWillie said:

Awww yeah! It still is a staple for me in Maschine land. Cheat code is a great description. Definitely pairs well with all the time fx plugins like Looperator, Effectrix etc. Just got Effectrix on desktop, it was the last ios vst I was missing so had to cave in.

Have you tried iMaschine? I’m always interested in it but whew the reviews aren’t great. Never tried the desktop version (don’t use desktop anymore) but I’m always tempted to sell everything and go fully in the box with an iPad and Maschine+

• Cheat code! Nailed it.

• Multiple instances in manual mode. Automate/modulate in Drambo.

Great app!

• @HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@CapnWillie said:

Have you tried iMaschine? I’m always interested in it but whew the reviews aren’t great. Never tried the desktop version (don’t use desktop anymore) but I’m always tempted to sell everything and go fully in the box with an iPad and Maschine+

Maschine Mk3 resurrected desktop for me. I really like the desktop software / hardware combo, best of both worlds for me. I think Maschine+ is more of a novelty for hardcore Maschine users who like to just stick with the hardware. For me that would feel confining. With maschine+ I wouldn't be able to run a lot of plugins I use and the software is pretty sweet. The reason I went with Maschine is that I was a big BM3 nut and everyone said it was (cough) inspired by Maschine. I tried iMaschine out of curiosity but since I don't commute anymore I don't really use ipad for music now. If Machine had more robust midi in support I may, but alas it does not... at all, heh, which is fine though as the pads are so nice to play on.

• edited May 2022

@AudioGus said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@CapnWillie said:

Maschine Mk3 resurrected desktop for me. I really like the desktop software / hardware combo, best of both worlds for me. I think Maschine+ is more of a novelty for hardcore Maschine users who like to just stick with the hardware. For me that would feel confining. With maschine+ I wouldn't be able to run a lot of plugins I use and the software is pretty sweet. The reason I went with Maschine is that I was a big BM3 nut and everyone said it was (cough) inspired by Maschine. I tried iMaschine out of curiosity but since I don't commute anymore I don't really use ipad for music now. If Machine had more robust midi in support I may, but alas it does not... at all, heh, which is fine though as the pads are so nice to play on.

Definitely a lot to chew on and think of between MK3 and +. To me the draw is combining software and hardware so MK3 would probably be better. Maschine, a MacBook, and an iPad would be a killer setup. Plus my few cheap hardware synths for when I want them.

You mind going into what you love about it? I’m very interested but would like to know what the draw is for you.

• @AudioGus said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@CapnWillie said:

Agree and agree and then with an extra plus for how lovely the pads are. What's weird/a weakness is that Egost is easily in my Top Five all time apps, but I have never thought of putting it on the desktop with Maschine. Please tell me it's easy to do etc?

• @HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@CapnWillie said:

Definitely a lot to chew on and think of between MK3 and +. To me the draw is combining software and hardware so MK3 would probably be better. Maschine, a MacBook, and an iPad would be a killer setup. Plus my few cheap hardware synths for when I want them.

You mind going into what you love about it? I’m very interested but would like to know what the draw is for you.

I am a Maschine MK3 user and it’s great.

Until I recently travelled to the other side of the world and back with my Maschine in the suitcase I never considered buying a + but I have to say it would have been more convenient to have had one. I always travel with my laptop anyway but, when traveling, the Maschine became more of a sketch pad and the laptop and USB cable became a (ok, minor) source of distraction.

Mostly I don’t travel so I’m happy with what I have but maybe it’s something to consider - the self-contained nature of the + definitely has its benefits.

• @qryss said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@CapnWillie said:

Until I recently travelled to the other side of the world and back with my Maschine in the suitcase I never considered buying a + but I have to say it would have been more convenient to have had one. I always travel with my laptop anyway but, when traveling, the Maschine became more of a sketch pad and the laptop and USB cable became a (ok, minor) source of distraction.

Mostly I don’t travel so I’m happy with what I have but maybe it’s something to consider - the self-contained nature of the + definitely has its benefits.

Have you considered getting a well-specced Windows tablet and a nice Maschine 3 mount instead?
    The inability to use my fav plugins with the + would be a deal breaker for me.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@CapnWillie said:

Agree and agree and then with an extra plus for how lovely the pads are. What's weird/a weakness is that Egost is easily in my Top Five all time apps, but I have never thought of putting it on the desktop with Maschine. Please tell me it's easy to do etc?

Oh yes, quite easy. So nice to drag and drop wav files from anywhere onto it too.

• @qryss said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@CapnWillie said:

Thanks for this! I can definitely see the positives of both options. I wonder how deep the synthesis and sampling is on the +? Looks like I have some research to do!

I’ve gotten to a point now where it’s just easier (and honestly more fun) for me to work ITB. With only occasional help from hardware. So something like Maschine would be perfect right now.