Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Motifs by Fernando Morales

Comments

• edited May 2022

@azul3D_Apps said:
    @Pierre118, @piccolo
    You will be happy to know that the latest version of Piano Motifs (v3.2) is available for M1 Macs also.
    One thing I noticed was that it seems to want to charge you again, but this isn't really true. If you press the buy button and you purchase it, it will say that the update is free because you already own the app. For MIDI Out, just go to Settings and press the Restore button.
    Please let me know if you encounter any issues.
    Enjoy!

Thank you, Piano Motifs is my most used app on iPad, the thing that I missed the most on Mac. Thanks to Airplay, it was very easy to move the MIDI files to my Mac. But I appreciate to have this on desktop.

• A new version of Piano Motifs (v3.4) is now available. This version has the following new features and fixes:

• Added bpm to the song attributes in the Audition Screen.
    • Improved the internal repeat sequence algorithm. This should enhance the variety of random motifs.
    • Fixed issue in the Program Chord Progression Screen for iOS15. In light mode, the background for the chords in the progression was white.
    • Fixed issue in picker views with selections that brought up popup windows. When selecting an adjacent row, sometimes a popup window would be brought up incorrectly.
    • Fixed issue where BPM knob would be unlocked before it was updated when a motif ended. If the user started moving the BPM knob quickly after a motif ended, the app would bring the value back to the original value, causing jumps in the values of the BPM knob.

Enjoy!

• Long awaited functionality for Piano Motifs is currently on the works (Beta).

• From another thread:

@bleep said:
    Great effort on the AUv3 conversion, @azul3D_Apps. I don't want to introduce any delay or add feature request already (doh), but perhaps you'll be able to look into the possibility to broadcast/share/sync the chord progression between instances, similar to Scaler 2? That would probably be great for multi instances.

@bleep I'm not familiar with Scaler 2. The AUv3 has state saving, so you can program a chord progression on one instance and copy and paste that instance, so you could have multiple instances with the same programmed chord progression. There isn't any functionality to sync randomly generated chord progressions.

• @azul3D_Apps great news! Are you planning on making this a new app or an update to the existing one?

• @Grandbear said:
    @azul3D_Apps great news! Are you planning on making this a new app or an update to the existing one?

@Grandbear, the AUv3 will be an IAP for the existing app.

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@Grandbear said:
    @azul3D_Apps great news! Are you planning on making this a new app or an update to the existing one?

@Grandbear, the AUv3 will be an IAP for the existing app.

Great! One more chance to support your work :)

• edited September 2022

A new version of Piano Motifs v4.0 is now available in the App Store. This version has the following new features:

AUv3 MIDI Plug-In (In-App Purchase):
    Incorporate Piano Motifs seamlessly in your workflow by instantiating it once or multiple times in an app that can host AUv3 MIDI Plug-Ins, for example: AUM, AudioBus 3, ApeMatrix or Drambo. Please note that Piano Motifs as an AUv3 MIDI Plug-In will not play any sound by itself, it generates MIDI that can be routed to other apps and effects instantiated in a host.

AUv3 MIDI Plug-In features include:
    - Ability to play Piano Motifs in sync and out of sync with the host.
    - State saving functionality.
    - Independent programmable MIDI channels for melody, accompaniment and an optional third track.
    - Interactive octave shifting for melody and accompaniment.

To purchase the IAP go to More Settings and find AUv3 In-App Purchase.

Enjoy!

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    A new version of Piano Motifs v4.0 is now available in the App Store. This version has the following new features:

Incorporate Piano Motifs seemlessly in your workflow by instantiating it once or multiple times in an app that can host AUv3 MIDI Plug-Ins, for example: AUM, AudioBus 3, ApeMatrix or Drambo. Please note that Piano Motifs as an AUv3 MIDI Plug-In will not play any sound by itself, it generates MIDI that can be routed to other apps and effects instantiated in a host.

- Independent programmable MIDI channels for melody, accompaniment and an optional third track.

Enjoy!

Bravo!

• edited September 2022

@azul3D_Apps It would be great if a purchased IAP would be marked with 'bought'. It still says 'buy' even though all plug-ins have been purchased.

Many thanks

• Bravo indeed! Absolutely fantastic to have this as an Auv3

@azul3D_Apps said:

Incorporate Piano Motifs seamlessly in your workflow by instantiating it once or multiple times in an app that can host AUv3 MIDI Plug-Ins, for example: AUM, AudioBus 3, ApeMatrix or Drambo. Please note that Piano Motifs as an AUv3 MIDI Plug-In will not play any sound by itself, it generates MIDI that can be routed to other apps and effects instantiated in a host.

Enjoy!

• @Iskander said:
    @azul3D_Apps It would be great if a purchased IAP would be marked with 'bought'. It still says 'buy' even though all plug-ins have been purchased.

Many thanks

Yes, this 'Buy'-bug lived also in previous versions of Piano Motifs (for the Midi-Out IAP). Hope that this can be solved.

• Fantastic update!

To celebrate, here is a live jam, with Motifs playing a jazzy guitar in World Piano, accompanied by Soft Drummer and AutoPad and me playing Tenor Sax in GeoShred.

• Wonderful news. One question: In the Auv3 mode in AUM I have no Access to the songs created in standalone mode. Is there a way to make them visible in AUM?

• @AlterEgo_UK
    Didn’t think I was going to like this as it’s not my type of music
    I bloody loved it
    Great job !

• edited September 2022

AUV3 rocks, thank you @azul3D_Apps!

• Good job @AlterEgo_UK and congratulations @azul3D_Apps on making Piano Motifs AUV3… lots of new music to be made 👌

• edited September 2022

Thanks @GeoTony, @Gavinski, @Stuntman_mike, @AlterEgo_UK, @JohnnyGoodyear, @robklotzby.
    @AlterEgo_UK, great celebration improv! I can't wait to hear all the fantastic music you'll produce now that Piano Motifs integrates more easily with other apps.

• @robklotzby said:
    Wonderful news. One question: In the Auv3 mode in AUM I have no Access to the songs created in standalone mode. Is there a way to make them visible in AUM?

Unfortunately they are 2 separate file systems. I'll see what I can do in the future.

• @Harro said:

@Iskander said:

Many thanks

Yes, this 'Buy'-bug lived also in previous versions of Piano Motifs (for the Midi-Out IAP). Hope that this can be solved.

@harro, @Iskander
    I'll see what I can do to make the fact that you already bought an IAP more evident. BTW, hitting Buy when you have already purchased an IAP is completely harmless, you won't be charged again. If you have already bought the IAP it will tell you so.

• In celebration of the big update, here is an unassuming little jam that showcases one of my little tricks for making Piano Motifs (and all sequencers really) a bit more varied and “human like”. Sometimes these subtle differences add up…

• edited September 2022

@lukesleepwalker said:
    In celebration of the big update, here is an unassuming little jam that showcases one of my little tricks for making Piano Motifs (and all sequencers really) a bit more varied and “human like”. Sometimes these subtle differences add up…

Really cool @lukesleepwalker! Thanks for sharing. Definitely adding some variation can lead to a more expressive piece. Don't have Cality but it seems a worthwhile app to have in the arsenal.

• edited September 2022

As happy as I was this becoming AUV3 (bought without even thinking) it was equally disappointing not to be able to access the files you have saved over time (been with you pretty much from the start (and not been shy to tip either)). I really hope this will be fixed.

• Cheers @Gdub , @GeoTony and @azul3D_Apps - A great app just got even better!

• @pxlhg thanks so much for your continued support. I will definitely look for a solution in the future. I can't promise it will be on the next revisions since this needs to be a well thought out solution where you won't lose the files you have saved over time.

• edited September 2022

@lukesleepwalker said:
    In celebration of the big update, here is an unassuming little jam that showcases one of my little tricks for making Piano Motifs (and all sequencers really) a bit more varied and “human like”. Sometimes these subtle differences add up…

I have no bloody idea what the hell you're doing there Sleepwalker. Very good :)

• I bought the midi out IAP but not seeing the AUv3 IAP.

• Never mind I needed to update to see it.