Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Mixvibe's Remixlive The Perfect Beat Making App?

Could this really be the perfect beat making app? And is there even such a thing? Well we put @Mixvibes's Remixlive app through its paces and here’s what we found out. (Hint - It's amazing!)

Comments

• IMO, the perfect beat making app is a human being. Good to have built up exposure and experience with many kinds of styles so one can become an editor of rhythms for their projects, not just become reliant on someone else’s ideas.

• I downloaded the free version. It’s fun but seems sorta like Launchpad, which I already pay for. Are there any big differences?

• Quote: “… and I’d just like to thank MixVibes for sponsoring this video” …

• @NeuM said:
    IMO, the perfect beat making app is a human being. Good to have built up exposure and experience with many kinds of styles so one can become an editor of rhythms for their projects, not just become reliant on someone else’s ideas.

Radical AND old-school…

• @attakk said:

@NeuM said:
    IMO, the perfect beat making app is a human being. Good to have built up exposure and experience with many kinds of styles so one can become an editor of rhythms for their projects, not just become reliant on someone else’s ideas.

Radical AND old-school…

That's me. ;)

• @NeuM said:

Amen
    I gave up on IOS apps, got them all and still a pain, I do like Reggae-funky-jazz drummer if anything but ignore the rest

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HotStrange said:
    I downloaded the free version. It’s fun but seems sorta like Launchpad, which I already pay for. Are there any big differences?

There's some huge differences! Remixlive has many, many features Launchpad doesn't like a DAW like song recording screen, detailed sequencer, ability to launch midi sequences and audio clips simultaneously, and then also record while those sequences and clips are playing live, Unmix feature, way more FX, ability to work on iPhone and Android and MacOS and they update WAY more often, they're literally on version 7 already.

• @attakk said:
    Quote: “… and I’d just like to thank MixVibes for sponsoring this video” …

Yes Mixvibes was a sponsor of this video however similar to Jakob Haq's sponsored videos I retained 100% creative control and had final say over everything included and highly, highly recommend this app.

• edited May 2022

@d4d0ug said:
    Is the iOS version still without midi?

Not sure when it was ever without MIDI these guys move so fast with features and I only came to it recently but you can for sure launch both MIDI sequences and Audio clips at the same time. You can import MIDI or use the sequencer/piano roll on the Sequence page.

• edited May 2022

If you change the thread title to "Is Mixvibe Remixlive The Perfect Beat Making App?" you may avoid wasting the time of those that already know the app. Obviously your intent is to make people watch some of your video regardless but I just thought I'd point it out.

• @GavrielProductions said:

@NeuM said:

Amen
    I gave up on IOS apps, got them all and still a pain, I do like Reggae-funky-jazz drummer if anything but ignore the rest

It's all about the funk! :)

• @Ailerom said:
    If you change the thread title to "Is Mixvibe Remixlive The Perfect Beat Making App?" you may avoid wasting the time of those that already know the app. Obviously your intent is to make people watch some of your video regardless but I just thought I'd point it out.

Appreciate the feedback! :)

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@Ailerom said:

Appreciate the feedback! :)

Fyi, I meant the Audiobus thread, not YouTube title. Obviously click bait is the norm over there so when in Rome..................

• I’m always iffy about these kinds of apps. The combo of Launchpad and Blocs Wave is one of my favorite workflows on iOS but there are so many copy cat apps out there that just seem like cash grabs and it’s hard to tell if this is one of them or if it’s a dev who actually wants to make a fun, useful, genuine app.

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@HotStrange said:
    I downloaded the free version. It’s fun but seems sorta like Launchpad, which I already pay for. Are there any big differences?

There's some huge differences! Remixlive has many, many features Launchpad doesn't like a DAW like song recording screen, detailed sequencer, ability to launch midi sequences and audio clips simultaneously, and then also record while those sequences and clips are playing live, Unmix feature, way more FX, ability to work on iPhone and Android and MacOS and they update WAY more often, they're literally on version 7 already.

Sample can also be trigger from external controller launchpad can’t.

• @HotStrange said:
    I’m always iffy about these kinds of apps. The combo of Launchpad and Blocs Wave is one of my favorite workflows on iOS but there are so many copy cat apps out there that just seem like cash grabs and it’s hard to tell if this is one of them or if it’s a dev who actually wants to make a fun, useful, genuine app.

Agree it's hard to tell that's why I had to really look into who these guys are and holy smokes turns out they've been making apps since 2012! They've got a popular DJ app as well but they just keep pumping huge updates for this app for years now.

• @ehehehe said:
    No, but the title of the thread is clickbaity af

Don't hate the player hate the game? lol :) Trying hard out here.

• edited May 2022

@d4d0ug said:
    Is the iOS version still without midi?

it is still without midi. you can at least map controllers now and theres some launchpad/apc support baked in now. a VERY limited number of devices. can map your own tho.

edit:

@MobileMusicPro said:
    Not sure when it was ever without MIDI

last i checked its not MIDI the way we think of it. if you load it up in AUM, theres no MIDI ports available. You cant send anything to or from it.

edit2:
    its not a bad app at all if you dont mind staying only in it. new features dont come very often at all....but new soundpacks do /me rolls eyes a bit

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@ehehehe said:
    No, but the title of the thread is clickbaity af

Don't hate the player hate the game? lol :) Trying hard out here.

This isn't the playing field. Youtube is. This is more like unsolicited sales at my front door as opposed to walking into a shop with a misleading title.

• @HotStrange said:

It was like a worse launchpad years ago, but it seems like it has developed much further, while launchpad stagnated.

• edited May 2022

No. This is not the best beatmaking app on iOS. It’s an updated Launchpad clone with some notable enhancements IMHO.

The best beatmaking apps on iOS are as follows:
    1. Drambo
    2. Koala Sampler
    3. Beat Maker 3

With these top 3 you can create anything. But that’s the beauty of iOS. We have a plethora of options to suit our personal styles.

• @Nimgwen said:

@HotStrange said:

It was like a worse launchpad years ago, but it seems like it has developed much further, while launchpad stagnated.

It's crazy how much launchpad has stagnated.

• @echoopera said:
    No. This is not the best beatmaking app on iOS. It’s an updated Launchpad clone with some notable enhancements IMHO.

The best beatmaking apps on iOS are as follows:
    1. Drambo
    2. Koala Sampler
    3. Beat Maker 3

With these top 3 you can create anything. But that’s the beauty of iOS. We have a plethora of options to suit our personal styles.

+1

• NO!

1.Patterning 2
    2.Elastic drums
    3.Seekbeats

Ymmv

• A combo of synth apps sequenced.

• Cubasis for raw D.A.W. elements
    Koala for quick beat making sample editing
    Patterning 2 for those unorthodox backwards hi hats and such the best drum machine
    Sample all of your drum machines into Audioshare using Audiobus use Patterning and Koala to effect and sequence them
    KORG Gadget a sick programing environment with great sounds
    Auria used to be the best for mixing down now Cubasis is
    And an army of AUV3 synths and FX apps

• Is Remixlive subscription only for the advanced features?