Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Semblance of Schulze

A live jam in AUM as a tribute to Tangerine Dream and solo synth player Klaus Schulze, featuring Moog Model 15, Digistix 2, VHS Synth, DRC, Tera Pro, SynthMaster Player, FAC Alteza, Eventide Blackhole, Eventide Shimmerverb, Audiokit Reverb, AUM, iPad.
Hopefully, soon to appear on a tribute CD set.

Comments

• @AlterEgo_UK said:

A live jam in AUM as a tribute to Tangerine Dream and solo synth player Klaus Schulze, featuring Moog Model 15, Digistix 2, VHS Synth, DRC, Tera Pro, SynthMaster Player, FAC Alteza, Eventide Blackhole, Eventide Shimmerverb, Audiokit Reverb, AUM, iPad.

Great photos & music. A very nice tribute to Klaus. Well done!

• edited May 2022

Klaus Schulze, solo synth player, and COMPOSER :)

He was much more that some random guy working in the first Tangerine Dream recordings, and indeed, his influence to he history of electronic music and music in general was more important than the Edgar Froese one.

As a great Klaus Schulze fan, congratulations for this superb track, @AlterEgo_UK . You have really nailed the classic Schulze sound in a live performance environment, I'm truly impressed by this.

To think that the walls full of modular synths and tens of keyboards used by Klaus Schulze, now can be replaced with a small iPad.

I only miss a iVCS3 in the instrument chain of AUM. The VCS3 was used on all the Klaus Schulze recordings to create organic and evolving noises in the background.

But regardless of this, a pure joy!

• Very well done, especially as a live jam. Can’t help but think the roomful of equipment was more fun, like being in the cockpit of a spaceship.

• @FrankChilds said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

Great photos & music. A very nice tribute to Klaus. Well done!

Thanks, @FrankChilds :)

• @Pynchon said:
    Klaus Schulze, solo synth player, and COMPOSER :)

He was much more that some random guy working in the first Tangerine Dream recordings, and indeed, his influence to he history of electronic music and music in general was more important than the Edgar Froese one.

As a great Klaus Schulze fan, congratulations for this superb track, @AlterEgo_UK . You have really nailed the classic Schulze sound in a live performance environment, I'm truly impressed by this.

To think that the walls full of modular synths and tens of keyboards used by Klaus Schulze, now can be replaced with a small iPad.

I only miss a iVCS3 in the instrument chain of AUM. The VCS3 was used on all the Klaus Schulze recordings to create organic and evolving noises in the background.

But regardless of this, a pure joy!

Thanks @Pynchon - yes it is amazing what you can do on an iPad -even in a live situation (with a little preparation). I am not a modular type guy or even a proper synth programmer but making music like this is very accessible...and a lot of fun, which, to me is what it is all about! :)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very well done, especially as a live jam. Can’t help but think the roomful of equipment was more fun, like being in the cockpit of a spaceship.

Cheers. Yes, not quite as much "fun" as a roomful of equipment but a lot cheaper and portable...and easier to control. Although, I wouldn't say "no" if given the opportunity to sit in the middle of a huge modular rig and turn a few knobs, patch a few cables and pretend I knew what I was doing ;)

• Fantastic! Very enjoyable and very out there. Loved it. Thanks! :smile:

• Thank you @spyrogaia , glad you enjoyed it 😀

• That sounded wonderful!

• Really good stuff. Aced that old school Tangs vibe right there. Reminded me of their soundtracks for movies like The Keep and Sorcerer.

• Great tribute... I just love the trance effect of a good Tangerine Dream track and the beauty of those classic hardware synths. It never gets old for me.

• @JudasZimmerman @Svetlovska @McD
    Thank you very much for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it.
    Yes, there is something about the repetitiveness of simple sequences/arps and pads combination that draws the listener in.

• I’m a huge Klaus Schulze fan and I find this tribute very well done. Truly in his spirit.

• Thank you @krassmann , that means a lot!