Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation FL Key.

edited April 2022 in Other

Comments

• edited April 2022

Like Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 integration for Ableton Live & Logic.. Which I've got.. o:)

• @CapnWillie said:
    Novation has been on fire. That said, I wonder why no one makes midi controllers for Logic. They all work well enough with it but it’s wild no one but Apple has designed one (ipad).

Currently, the Novation Launchpad (2, 3, X) works well with Logic Live Loops.

• There was the logic control eons ago, but that was when they were still eTragic.

• I’m interested in the mini version. and since it is class compliant it should work with ios stuff as well. Can anyone who is getting this confirm what is possible on iPad with this device? I‘m hyper excited for this 😁

• edited April 2022

The FLKey 37 is really nice to use with F L studio, it makes FL studio feel more like an instrument, no need for the screen or mouse while building ideas, the end result feels more organic and less mechanical. It can do mechanical as well if you want it to though. If you are budget limited and looking for a PC or Mac setup, FL studio and FLKey are probably going to give you the longest time on your investment before ‘having’ to spend on maintenance over the other daws.

The tight integration with FL studio is not transferable to other DAW’s without scripting in those DAW’s, and as yet it is not implemented in FL Studio Mobile. You can always use midi learn to configure your own setups but you won’t get the step sequencer or really useful feedback to the LCD, or pads. e.g. when browsing presets in FL studio the preset name appears in the LCD, as does which control is being affected by any movement of a control, so you are not blind and relying on hearing alone.

What I like about this controller for FL is 0 setup to get going with the afore mentioned instrument feel it gives.

If you are considering this controller vs the Launchkey then there are a couple of considerations you should make.

Are you a Mac or PC FL user ?
    Obvious reasons why here I think.

In terms of a general controller, the Launchkey has an arpeggiator, instead the fl key has beat repeat.

The pads may be different too, I don’t have the Launchkey MK3, but do have MK3 LP and Launchkey mini, and the pads on FLKey seem more like the pads on Launchkey MK2.
    That being said, they do have velocity curve control so you can adjust to taste.

• edited April 2022

@AndyPlankton said:
    The FLKey 37 is really nice to use with F L studio, it makes FL studio feel more like an instrument, no need for the screen or mouse while building ideas, the end result feels more organic and less mechanical. It can do mechanical as well if you want it to though. If you are budget limited and looking for a PC or Mac setup, FL studio and FLKey are probably going to give you the longest time on your investment before ‘having’ to spend on maintenance over the other daws.

The tight integration with FL studio is not transferable to other DAW’s without scripting in those DAW’s, and as yet it is not implemented in FL Studio Mobile. You can always use midi learn to configure your own setups but you won’t get the step sequencer or really useful feedback to the LCD, or pads. e.g. when browsing presets in FL studio the preset name appears in the LCD, as does which control is being affected by any movement of a control, so you are not blind and relying on hearing alone.

What I like about this controller for FL is 0 setup to get going with the afore mentioned instrument feel it gives.

If you are considering this controller vs the Launchkey then there are a couple of considerations you should make.

Are you a Mac or PC FL user ?
    Obvious reasons why here I think.

In terms of a general controller, the Launchkey has an arpeggiator, instead the fl key has beat repeat.

The pads may be different too, I don’t have the Launchkey MK3, but do have MK3 LP and Launchkey mini, and the pads on FLKey seem more like the pads on Launchkey MK2.
    That being said, they do have velocity curve control so you can adjust to taste.

I guess, all FLS needs now is, Ableton Link….
    Thanks for sharing..

Edit.. ABLink could be so nice..

• Suspicious as to why Novation decided to release an almost exact replica of the Launchkey’s (just with different labeling), instead of making it a firmware update and maybe an overlay to the Launchkey. Instead I gotta buy 2x of essentially the exact same keyboard in order to use it in FL and Logic?