Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a testing team for some app updates

Hi All!

Now that the dust is beginning to settle after our Flux Pro launch, we're now looking at programming some new features into our existing lineup of plugins before moving on to finishing the new stuff... However, these features will be less exiting so I'm needing to drum up some interest in testing. Please let me know either here (thread or pm) or by email ([email protected]) if you're up for testing the following updates which are in the process of being built:

(in no particular order)

Tape Pro
* Fix pops/loud surges
* Improved save system from Flux Pro
(A bigger feature filled update is planned for further in the future.)

Schlap
* Extra colour control
* Mix %
* Sidechain listen

Smoov
* Mix %
* Sidechain listen

Beef
* Individual module on/off
* Eq position option

If there are any additional small feature requests please leave them here as well as I am starting the update process. I will update the thread with beta links as and when they become available but it would be great to get people involved with shaping these updates further.

David

Comments

• edited May 2022

Very exciting. Glad to see the proactive position being taken here, David. Much appreciated. Whomever is involved, please make sure GarageBand is a part of the testing (both iOS and macOS).

And as I’ve said, unfortunately I can no longer beta test but there are many testers here I believe should be able to provide great feedback (specifically, @Samu). Good luck on the updates. Looking forward to them!

• Good luck
    All ya apps are great!!!

• I’d be interested! I don’t have Tape Pro (yet) but I have all the rest and love em. Your compressors are my go-tos.

• @CaelumAudio have all the above - hit me with whatever you need tested

(get busy with the new stuff :P)

• If you’re happy to have testers that don’t already own your apps, then I’m in.

• edited May 2022

Hi All,

Sorry, I had hoped to get a beta for Schlap uploaded today but unfortunately I had underestimated the state of the codebase. Its mostly there but there's a lot of visual stuff to tidy up. The new "Colour" control sounds great and it makes the old version sound seriously weak :D

I had to resave all our presets. I didn't realise that they're saved in our old format which could cause future compatibility issues. I hope that not many people have used the internal preset system anyway so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I'm currently building using the dev preview of Juce 7 and I am seeing much improved graphics performance, its actually unreal how much smoother the gain redux meter thing is drawing on my old iPad. Because of this I've managed to increase the draw quality and frame rate which I am really excited about. The first beta may have to be in Juce 6 because of the licence but I'm hoping the full release isn't too far off so I am basing all these updates on Juce 7.

Anyway, here is a screenshot of it in Logic as a sneak preview until I can get an iOS beta sorted properly. Open to any comments.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to say they're up for testing here or have messaged me directly.

@NeuM said:
    Very exciting. Glad to see the proactive position being taken here, David. Much appreciated. Whomever is involved, please make sure GarageBand is a part of the testing (both iOS and macOS).

And as I’ve said, unfortunately I can no longer beta test but there are many testers here I believe should be able to provide great feedback (specifically, @Samu). Good luck on the updates. Looking forward to them!

Thank you! I think its a win/win for everyone if people can suggest features at the beginning of the update process as the whole thing can be planned well and people get the features they want!

@Gdub said:
    Good luck
    All ya apps are great!!!

Thank you!

@HotStrange said:
    I’d be interested! I don’t have Tape Pro (yet) but I have all the rest and love em. Your compressors are my go-tos.

Great, thank you! It would be great to have you on board testing!

@audiblevideo said:
    @CaelumAudio have all the above - hit me with whatever you need tested

Great, thanks! Aha, we have about 5 mostly coded effects and 1 synth which I think are all very cool... They need to be made somewhat usable however!

@el_bo said:
    If you’re happy to have testers that don’t already own your apps, then I’m in.

Thank you! The more the merrier!

• @CaelumAudio said:
    Hi All,

Sorry, I had hoped to get a beta for Schlap uploaded today but unfortunately I had underestimated the state of the codebase. Its mostly there but there's a lot of visual stuff to tidy up. The new "Colour" control sounds great and it makes the old version sound seriously weak :D

I had to resave all our presets. I didn't realise that they're saved in our old format which could cause future compatibility issues. I hope that not many people have used the internal preset system anyway so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I'm currently building using the dev preview of Juce 7 and I am seeing much improved graphics performance, its actually unreal how much smoother the gain redux meter thing is drawing on my old iPad. Because of this I've managed to increase the draw quality and frame rate which I am really excited about. The first beta may have to be in Juce 6 because of the licence but I'm hoping the full release isn't too far off so I am basing all these updates on Juce 7.

Anyway, here is a screenshot of it in Logic as a sneak preview until I can get an iOS beta sorted properly. Open to any comments.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to say they're up for testing here or have messaged me directly.

@NeuM said:

Thank you! I think its a win/win for everyone if people can suggest features at the beginning of the update process as the whole thing can be planned well and people get the features they want!

@Gdub said:
    Good luck
    All ya apps are great!!!

Thank you!

@HotStrange said:
    I’d be interested! I don’t have Tape Pro (yet) but I have all the rest and love em. Your compressors are my go-tos.

Great, thank you! It would be great to have you on board testing!

@audiblevideo said:
    @CaelumAudio have all the above - hit me with whatever you need tested

Great, thanks! Aha, we have about 5 mostly coded effects and 1 synth which I think are all very cool... They need to be made somewhat usable however!

@el_bo said:
    If you’re happy to have testers that don’t already own your apps, then I’m in.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it!

• @CaelumAudio said:

Should I 'pm' you?

• Hi all,

Here is the beta for Schlap: https://testflight.apple.com/join/QB5jV4NE

Changes:
    -New "Colour" control
    -New "Mix" control
    -New "Sidechain Listen" control
    -New preset management system
    -Improved UI scaling

I also received a bug report about Beef not loading in AUM so here is (hopefully) a fix for that one as well (there's no new features yet): https://testflight.apple.com/join/8WXhddcz

@el_bo said:

@CaelumAudio said:

Should I 'pm' you?

No need, please feel free to use the above links!

If anyone tries the links please let me know, it would be great to have some dialog with everyone if possible.

David

• @CaelumAudio said:
    Hi all,

Changes:
    -New "Colour" control
    -New "Mix" control
    -Improved UI scaling

I also received a bug report about Beef not loading in AUM so here is (hopefully) a fix for that one as well (there's no new features yet): https://testflight.apple.com/join/8WXhddcz

@el_bo said:

@CaelumAudio said:

Should I 'pm' you?

If anyone tries the links please let me know, it would be great to have some dialog with everyone if possible.

David

Nice! Cheers :)

• @CaelumAudio

Schlap is really sounding like Thor's hammer now.
    Really cool.

I've just tried it in dRambo and the Preset contextual menu doesn't appear.
    To get to a preset I can only use the left and right arrows.

I've just tried both Schalp and Beef in AUM and they seem to load up okay.

• @Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

Really cool.

Same, Schlap’s preset selector doesn’t show up in AUM. Arrows work. And presets can be loaded using AUM’s preset picker.

• edited May 2022

@CaelumAudio

What would be helpful for newbies is a manual.
    Nothing to complex but enough to guide them.

Possibly use a link to a website download or similar?

• @Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

Video demos also work.

• @Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

@Agatha_aga said:
    Same, Schlap’s preset selector doesn’t show up in AUM. Arrows work. And presets can be loaded using AUM’s preset picker.

Thanks both for reporting, this should now be fixed. Not quite sure how I managed to break that, I'm sure it was working just before I uploaded :s

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

Do you mean a link inside the app itself or just here? Here is the manual for v1.0.0 which is yet to be updated: https://caelum-audio.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/Schlap/Manual/Schlap+Manual+v1.0.pdf

@NeuM said:

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

Video demos also work.

My colleague is planning some more videos for these updates, what sort of thing do you think needs to be included in a video?

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

Thanks for checking!

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio
    Really cool.

Glad to hear you agree, it's taken a lot of thinking to work out how to do it without changing the gain. I've found that the peak level often actually comes down when "Colour" is increased even though perceived loudness goes up!

Here is the current state of play with the beta -

Changelog 1.1.0 (3):
    -Fixed AUv3 preset menu
    -Text scales again
    -Clip indicators on the level meters

Changelog 1.1.0 (2):
    -New "Colour" control
    -New "Mix" control
    -Improved UI scaling

David

• @CaelumAudio said:

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

@Agatha_aga said:

Thanks both for reporting, this should now be fixed. Not quite sure how I managed to break that, I'm sure it was working just before I uploaded :s

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

Do you mean a link inside the app itself or just here? Here is the manual for v1.0.0 which is yet to be updated: https://caelum-audio.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/Schlap/Manual/Schlap+Manual+v1.0.pdf

@NeuM said:

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

Video demos also work.

My colleague is planning some more videos for these updates, what sort of thing do you think needs to be included in a video?

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

Thanks for checking!

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio
    Really cool.

Glad to hear you agree, it's taken a lot of thinking to work out how to do it without changing the gain. I've found that the peak level often actually comes down when "Colour" is increased even though perceived loudness goes up!

Changelog 1.1.0 (3):
    -Fixed AUv3 preset menu
    -Text scales again

Changelog 1.1.0 (2):
    -New "Colour" control
    -New "Mix" control
    -Improved UI scaling

David

For video demos, just go over the features of the app and perform a few simple (and perhaps a few challenging) examples so people can get an idea how best to use the plugins.

• @CaelumAudio said:

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

@Agatha_aga said:

Update landed.
    The preset contextual menu is now working again.

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

A link inside the app was my initial thought.
    On here is cool but not everyone will be searching the AB Forum for the manual.

@NeuM said:

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

Video demos also work.

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio

Thanks for checking!

@Gravitas said:
    @CaelumAudio
    Really cool.

That's good to know in regards to peak level and perceived loudness.

I'm really liking "Colour", I'm having fun with that update. :)

Changelog 1.1.0 (3):
    -Fixed AUv3 preset menu
    -Text scales again

Changelog 1.1.0 (2):
    -New "Colour" control
    -New "Mix" control
    -Improved UI scaling

David

• edited May 2022

Schlap came automatically through TestFlight since I was on the original beta, but Beef I used the link you posted above, even though I was also on the original beta. Not sure if that means anything, just mentioning it. Thanks @CaelumAudio will try them out.

Also interested in trying Tape Pro and Smoov if needed.

• Oops! Forgot about this. Just downloaded the links.

Cheers :)

• @CaelumAudio said:
    Hi all,

Changes:
    -New "Colour" control
    -New "Mix" control
    -Improved UI scaling

@el_bo said:

@CaelumAudio said:

Should I 'pm' you?

David

Awesome! I’ll be diving in over the next couple of days and will report back my findings, thanks!

• @CaelumAudio said:
    Hi all,

Changes:
    -New "Colour" control
    -New "Mix" control
    -Improved UI scaling

@el_bo said:

@CaelumAudio said:

Should I 'pm' you?

David

I've had zero problems with Beef beta loading in AUM, iPadOS 15.3, hope that helps.

• One issue I’ve had with Beef (one beef I’ve had with Beef?) in NS2 when dealing with fairly large projects (ie more than a few plugins) is a massive slowdown and/or sound dropout BUT only when the GUI is open. Without looking at the interface the problem is less. I haven’t had this with any other plug-in except for Beef. Anyone else experienced this?

• Hi All,

Sorry for going a bit MIA with these updates, life kind of took over a bit. Anyway, there is now a new beta for Smoov! Link here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/ZH29uUIG

Smoov Changelog:
    -Mix control.
    -Filter listen.
    -HF Recovery parameter (Uses a dynamic eq to repair the compressed top end - add a little of this and the compression really does get smooth!)
    -Improved UI.
    -Improved preset system.
    -Prevented clicks on parameter changes.
    -Optimisations.
    -Minor bug fixes.

The Schlap beta has now also been updated with the same optimisations that have been made for Smoov plus the changes to prevent clicks when parameters are moved.

@KRPT said:
    One issue I’ve had with Beef (one beef I’ve had with Beef?) in NS2 when dealing with fairly large projects (ie more than a few plugins) is a massive slowdown and/or sound dropout BUT only when the GUI is open. Without looking at the interface the problem is less. I haven’t had this with any other plug-in except for Beef. Anyone else experienced this?

This could well be the case and will hopefully be solved once JUCE 7 is released. Either that or I'm doing something very dumb in the code which I will seek out when I look at the code properly!

@Agatha_aga said:
    I've had zero problems with Beef beta loading in AUM, iPadOS 15.3, hope that helps.

Wonderful, thank you!

@HotStrange said:
    Awesome! I’ll be diving in over the next couple of days and will report back my findings, thanks!

How did you get on?

@Poppadocrock said:
    Schlap came automatically through TestFlight since I was on the original beta, but Beef I used the link you posted above, even though I was also on the original beta. Not sure if that means anything, just mentioning it. Thanks @CaelumAudio will try them out.

Interesting, hopefully all is well with the betas!?

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! I'm now going to turn my head to doing a proper update for Beef!

David

• Since I was on the earlier smoov beta I got an invite right through TestFlight as soon as it was up. Cheers @CaelumAudio

• @CaelumAudio said:
    Hi All,

Sorry for going a bit MIA with these updates, life kind of took over a bit. Anyway, there is now a new beta for Smoov! Link here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/ZH29uUIG

Smoov Changelog:
    -Mix control.
    -Filter listen.
    -HF Recovery parameter (Uses a dynamic eq to repair the compressed top end - add a little of this and the compression really does get smooth!)
    -Improved UI.
    -Improved preset system.
    -Prevented clicks on parameter changes.
    -Optimisations.
    -Minor bug fixes.

The Schlap beta has now also been updated with the same optimisations that have been made for Smoov plus the changes to prevent clicks when parameters are moved.

@KRPT said:
    One issue I’ve had with Beef (one beef I’ve had with Beef?) in NS2 when dealing with fairly large projects (ie more than a few plugins) is a massive slowdown and/or sound dropout BUT only when the GUI is open. Without looking at the interface the problem is less. I haven’t had this with any other plug-in except for Beef. Anyone else experienced this?

This could well be the case and will hopefully be solved once JUCE 7 is released. Either that or I'm doing something very dumb in the code which I will seek out when I look at the code properly!

@Agatha_aga said:

Wonderful, thank you!

@HotStrange said:

How did you get on?

@Poppadocrock said:

Interesting, hopefully all is well with the betas!?

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! I'm now going to turn my head to doing a proper update for Beef!

David

Everything’s been smooth so far. I got a bit busy with work so I couldn’t test as much as I wanted but I’m gonna dive in more over the weekend. Haven’t had any issues with Beef or Schalp though.

• @CaelumAudio

I have had no issues with either Beef or Smoov so far
    except the ones I had mentioned awhile back.
    Super stable in my uses.

• I've just submitted an update to Tape Pro to TestFlight, hopefully it gets accepted and appears soon (within the next 24hrs).

Loads of people are already on this test but here is the link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/V7ly3aJS

David

• "This beta isn't accepting any new testers right now." :/

• @Dante777 said:
    "This beta isn't accepting any new testers right now." :/

Sorry about this. I have now tried disabling and re-enabling the link to see if that works. Here it is: https://testflight.apple.com/join/V7ly3aJS

I would be grateful for any feedback, specifically from anyone who previously have had problems with the plugin clicking/popping when it is loaded.

David

• @CaelumAudio

I tested it briefly yesterday and there didn't seem to be any issues when loaded