Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App: ‘Synthcussion2022’ (no connectivity)

This one seems to have zero connectivity which might be why it’s not been on the radar here but just in case it’s of interest: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/synthcussion2022/id1614811916

Comments

• edited May 2022

I’ve been watching, but hedging paying the asking $ ($25 in NZD) for what’s on offer. This app is connected to some of the Max4Live devices DJ Haus of Unknown to the Unknown has helped develop - afaict

• This is cool but with no connection it’s not worth it. I’d MAYBE consider it if you could at least record the loops and export, but it doesn’t even have that.

• Couldn’t agree more. Any iOS capture-ability and this one’s a candidate.

• edited May 2022

Im baffled as to how any developer would think this was a time-worthy (and potential profit earner) effort in 2022 knowing the iOS system and connectivity standards.

Then again, it could just be some dude who decided to whip something up in 3 hours while drinking just to see if he could make some extra beer money.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Im baffled as to how any developer would think this was a time-worthy (and potential profit earner) effort in 2022 knowing the iOS system and connectivity standards.

I’m inclined to agree. The diminished feature set makes me feel sad.

• Get the desktop version for £10 off of Bandcamp, sample it and skip the ios version

https://softcomputing.bandcamp.com/album/synthcussion-softsynth-plug-in-for-ableton-logic-cubase-bitwig-etc

• Good lookin out @audiblevideo for the link.

Odd that Mac system requirements aren’t detailed there.

• the lack of coverage of this app led me here. then further to domenico cipriani’s insta account, which seems to be the only place to see and hear this in action. i’ve always wanted something like this in a hardware unit (yes the china be ringer will release a clone in a few years) or auv3, not standalone. perhaps the benefit would be to run this on an old ipad still equiped with an audio jack and nullify that ipad to being a permanent synthcussion or sound module. so i reached out to the developer on insta asking if there will be further developments, perhaps an auv3 version? he replied ‘Yes’ ‘Very soon’ ‘December’… from the insta it looks like he is involved in studio production, releasing music and djing. also as if there’s little need for money but that time isn’t something in abundance in domenicos life…

• I use mine alot. its actually a great synth drum from the 80s. I like the odditys. Crazy techno for sure, sappp does crash so I save alot

• @audiblevideo said:
    Get the desktop version for £10 off of Bandcamp, sample it and skip the ios version

https://softcomputing.bandcamp.com/album/synthcussion-softsynth-plug-in-for-ableton-logic-cubase-bitwig-etc

IOS tactile interactivity just fits this module... ;)
    Add the complete midi control and the price doesn‘t look that bad anymore.
    (I‘d rather pay for a unit with seamless functionality than for „possibilities“) o:)

• Currently free. Still no connectivity. Watch your ears if wearing headphones as nearly blew mine off.

• edited April 2023

Getting no sound from it at all. Nada. Nix. Niente. **update: delete & reinstall seems to have fixed it.

• @gusgranite said:
    Currently free. Still no connectivity. Watch your ears if wearing headphones as nearly blew mine off.

Yep this is a definite. Happened to me as well.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Getting no sound from it at all. Nada. Nix. Niente.

Seems to be working fine with me. Is the sequencer playing for you?

• edited April 2023

Hmm. It’s hit and miss. Works for a bit. Goes silent. Works again… I can get similar sounds elsewhere with less effort. I lusted after the original Syncussion hardware back in the day, but this is a miss for me, I think.

• I got it, created a somewhat groovy thing, saved the pattern…it crashes out every time I try to load it. Overall, it reminds me how far we’ve come in music technology. Not sure I’ll ever use this short of rare masochistic urges so rather glad it was free. :lol:

• Wonder why the variant on issues being had. I messed around with it for 30 mins or so, saved and recalled a couple sequences, and haven’t had any problems. I will say, especially without connectivity, it’s not worth the $10-$15? it was going for. For free it’s cool to screen record some sequences for sampling though.

• Well the Subconscious Brap pre-order at $700 was too much for this rabid Skinny Puppy fan to drop, I’ve also seen a single-channel Eurorack module for much less. This as a freebie should at least give me a better idea about the range of what hardware could do.

• Heh, coincidentally I just saw Skinny Puppy play last night @MadGav — great show!

• @oddSTAR said:
    Heh, coincidentally I just saw Skinny Puppy play last night @MadGav — great show!

Call me jealous with the tour being North America only!

• @HotStrange said:

@Svetlovska said:
    Getting no sound from it at all. Nada. Nix. Niente.

Seems to be working fine with me. Is the sequencer playing for you?

Yea working for me. If on iPhone you have to hit the button at the top left to move to sequencer page.

• @gusgranite said:
    Currently free. Still no connectivity. Watch your ears if wearing headphones as nearly blew mine off.

Free app! Yay!