Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Mexico Fire // too close to home [250,000 + acres burned]

edited May 2022 in Other

Over 250,000 acres have been changed forever. The amount of wildlife and sanctuary lost is staggering.

Comments

• These are hauntingly beautiful photos. Hopeful for your family’s and home’s safety. The two times I’ve been out west to Utah, Colorado and Arizona I’ve felt a real longing to call it home - but the cost and the increasing risk of fires and extreme heat means it will probably never happen. Haven’t been to the New Mexico part of the four corners area - next on my list.

• Are fires like this not common there? They’re an annual event here in California.

• Wow. As Bill Barr said… one damn thing after another. Hope you are safe.

• Not like this. Less snow during the winter / no rain + high winds. This is the worse fire in US history.

@NeuM said:
    Are fires like this not common there? They’re an annual event here in California.

• Thank you. We live in North Central New Mexico. Beautiful country that has drastically changed within so little of time.

@bcrichards said:
    These are hauntingly beautiful photos. Hopeful for your family’s and home’s safety. The two times I’ve been out west to Utah, Colorado and Arizona I’ve felt a real longing to call it home - but the cost and the increasing risk of fires and extreme heat means it will probably never happen. Haven’t been to the New Mexico part of the four corners area - next on my list.

Thank you, sir. Trying to prep accordingly

@LinearLineman said:
    Wow. As Bill Barr said… one damn thing after another. Hope you are safe.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Not like this. Less snow during the winter / no rain + high winds. This is the worse fire in US history.

@NeuM said:
    Are fires like this not common there? They’re an annual event here in California.

Worse than the Dixie Fire in California?

https://earth.org/worst-wildfires-in-us-history/

• They said it was the worse but maybe not yet. Maybe they’re projecting it to be. I think we’re at 260,000 acres and it started recently

@NeuM said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Not like this. Less snow during the winter / no rain + high winds. This is the worse fire in US history.

@NeuM said:

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    They said it was the worse but maybe not yet. Maybe they’re projecting it to be. I think we’re at 260,000 acres and it started recently

@NeuM said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

@NeuM said:

Yes, in terms of destroyed acreage, it’s not even close yet.

• Worse I’ve seen yet

• Yowza, weather sized fires! Looks crazy against the clear blue skies.

• That looks too familiar to me. We've been having too many of these lately. The wildlife areas aren't lost forever though. They are pretty resilient. The burn areas from a few years ago around me are coming back well. From the last fire we had that ripped through natural areas and towns just a few months ago, the natural areas are already looking good and the animals are back while the cities are still in the demolition phase.

Take care! It is really hard and stressful to see this happening up close and personal. The main thing is stay safe if it starts moving towards you. It looks like the fire is on the other side of the big peaks from you? If so, hopefully it'll stay that way.

• @iOSTRAKON said:

@NeuM said:

Not to minimize what happened in New Mexico, but the same shit from one cause, man made global warming, is happening everywhere. We, the people on this forum, and around the world must stop shoving CO2 and methane into the atmosphere. We are lucky that the earth has such vast oceans, and that they have in the past decades absorbed most of the heat trapped by our atmospheric pollutants - well its full now.

FYI India and Pakistan, that's a whole subcontinent plus a neighboring country, have been suffering a heat wave for about a month with temperatures around 100℉ and extremes of 120. Severe enough to drop birds out of the sky, with ground temps reaching 140℉ setting forests on fire.

Google wet-bulb

If you want a list of harms from GLOBAL warming including where its happening and how fast, or a list of potential answers, or ways forward PM me. Gods forbid I disturb the zen of any forum too much with reality ( posted with wryness and some dark humor and a tad of self deprecation and awareness of others feelings )

Again, the New Mexico fire is horrifying in scale and damage. It hurts my soul.

• edited May 2022

<3 to you @iOSTRAKON

• @NeuM said:

These "common" large scale fires have only become common very recently. Such large-scale fires used to be rare.

• edited May 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

These "common" large scale fires have only become common very recently. Such large-scale fires used to be rare.

California is still technically a desert, despite the large population. Large scale fires are not uncommon here.

And despite about half of the biggest fires on this list being recent, I repeat that big fires are not a new phenomena. What's different is there are more people living in heavily forested areas.

• @NeuM said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

California is still technically a desert, despite the large population. Large scale fires are not uncommon here.

And despite about half of the biggest fires on this list being recent, I repeat that big fires are not a new phenomena. What's different is there are more people living in heavily forested areas.

Uh oh, I think I see where you’re going with this…

• The number of these megafires does not track with changes in population size.

Thank you Neum for pointing us to an article that leads off by pointing out that these fires have been made more frequent and dangerous by climate change.

• @iOSTRAKON just to distract a bit, I’m watching Thor, which is set in New Mexico (and Asgard). Looks cozy. Doesn’t seem like there’s a population problem, so I don’t think your recent move caused it 🤨😇. Stay safe.

• edited May 2022

@espiegel123 said:
    The number of these megafires does not track with changes in population size.

Thank you Neum for pointing us to an article that leads off by pointing out that these fires have been made more frequent and dangerous by climate change.

Yes, the climate changes every day. It's terrible. If only there was no weather... And maybe if we throw enough tax money at it we can stop the Earth from turning. This whole Day versus Night problem might finally end.

• Update: we’re leaving to Texas tomorrow

Bad day today

• Fingers-crossed that you will be able to return home soon.

• Yes, that's getting too close. Hope the danger misses your property.

• @NeuM

At the risk of 1. finding the real belief behind your flippancy about the weather, and 2. provoking a unconstructive reaction, you do realize that climate change - which has already happened (changed from pre industrial levels by man made pollutants) and is accelerating (the variations of local weather not withstanding) is very real.

• edited May 2022

Great photos.

Stay safe. We had 60–84 million acres wiped out a couple of years ago. Bush-fire is no joke but so easy to be ill-prepared for and also to underestimate. As a natural area fire fighter I see both extremes, people under-prepared and people with no worries freaking out.

Really hard to pin down what makes a fire the worst. We have the biggest here in Australia. But reckon a small fire like the Californian ones could have a bigger financial and human life impact.

Here there is a huge impact on ecosystems. We nearly lost an entire species in 2019. Not sure if it will recover (or if anyone cares for that matter).

• Best wished to you and yours, @iOSTRAKON. I really hope it's contained quickly and you can return home soon.

• Thank you all for the support. We made it to Texas. Our home community is in Ready status for evacuation. We got our dogs to my mom’s house. We return “home” on/after the 25th. Not sure what we’re returning to

Take care all //

• .> @iOSTRAKON said:

Thank you all for the support. We made it to Texas. Our home community is in Ready status for evacuation. We got our dogs to my mom’s house. We return “home” on/after the 25th. Not sure what we’re returning to

Take care all //

Wishing you and your family good luck, I’m sorry you’re going through this.

• Footage of the Hermits Peak Fire captured in my front yard (May 15th, 2002>

Drone Day // 2ø22

Recorded the sonic mess within AUM about an hour ago // apps used : FRMS / paulxstretch / Alteza / otherdesertcites