Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SFM Tutorials: Drambo

sfmsfm
edited May 2022 in General App Discussion

BeepStreet Drambo v2 - Demo / Tutorial 65: Introduction to the UI, Clips and Patterns

Do you need another DAW?

What a fantastic surprise! Drambo V2 is here and it has lots of new functionalities!!!

Voices increased to 16, clip launcher, song arranger, Piano Roll, Automation Editor, new UI, Improved Workflow and much more…

In this first video we are re-introducing users to the new UI as it loos fantastic but many changes have been implemented and it can be a bit intimidating at the beginning. This is now going to replace Korg Gadget and many others in my view…

BeepStreet you are great!

I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

Comments

• Good to see you doing Drambo 2.0 videos, @sfm!

• Yes, I learned quite a lot from your Drambo series. Good stuff.

• Good work, Leo. Thanks!

• Thanks for doing these.

• edited May 2022

@sfm said:
    BeepStreet Drambo v2 - Demo / Tutorial 65: Introduction to the UI, Clips and Patterns

Do you need another DAW?

What a fantastic surprise! Drambo V2 is here and it has lots of new functionalities!!!

Voices increased to 16, clip launcher, song arranger, Piano Roll, Automation Editor, new UI, Improved Workflow and much more…

In this first video we are re-introducing users to the new UI as it loos fantastic but many changes have been implemented and it can be a bit intimidating at the beginning. This is now going to replace Korg Gadget and many others in my view…

I really enjoy your tutorials Leo.
    I was just about to embark on your 70 video series before the update dropped and was wondering if I should stay on the old version until I get through them or if things are sufficiently similar or intuitive that I can update before starting. I have zero experience with Drambo.

• @sfm said:
    This is now going to replace Korg Gadget and many others in my view…

Does Drambo have presets? I know that's not the point of a modular environment, but I think that's part of Gadget's appeal: you can make something that sounds good, fast.

• Yep. Just select Factory from the Instrument Racks:

• @BirbHope said:

@sfm said:

Do you need another DAW?

I was just about to embark on your 70 video series before the update dropped and was wondering if I should stay on the old version until I get through them or if things are sufficiently similar or intuitive that I can update before starting. I have zero experience with Drambo.

You can use a combination of both… if you do not mind to figure out where things are looking at old tutorials go for the new version; actually looking at the new UI you will be ok following some of the old tutorials as well. If not go through some of the old tutorials and then upgrade. I will be adding many more tutorials shortly on v2… so v2 is the way forward…

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Good to see you doing Drambo 2.0 videos, @sfm!

Thanks

• @Pierre118 said:
    Good work, Leo. Thanks!

Thank you

• edited May 2022

@echoopera said:
    Yep. Just select Factory from the Instrument Racks...

Thank you, @echoopera.

• @sfm said:

@BirbHope said:

@sfm said:

Do you need another DAW?

You can use a combination of both… if you do not mind to figure out where things are looking at old tutorials go for the new version; actually looking at the new UI you will be ok following some of the old tutorials as well. If not go through some of the old tutorials and then upgrade. I will be adding many more tutorials shortly on v2… so v2 is the way forward…

Thank you.

• BeepStreet Drambo v2 - Demo / Tutorial 66: Clip Launcher Detailed Walkthrough

Do you need another DAW?

In this video we are exploring the Clip Launcher in depth!

This video includes in the following product demonstration:

• How to create a new project with a template
    • how to create simple rack using a preset instrument
    • how to create various clips
    • how to create patterns
    • how to toggle loop for patterns
    • how to synch launch for clips and patterns
    • how to change the settings for stopping clip for playing and editing them
    • how to set Drambo editors to follow on song
    • how to set Drambo to play always from the first pattern or not
    • how to use gesture to solo, mute, stop clips
    • how to copy, paste, delete, clear clips
    • how to transpose up and down my semitone or octave
    • how to set basic parameter locks and clear them at clip level
    • how to copy, paste, delete, insert and duplicate patterns
    • how to use gesture to move to the piano roll for a clip
    • how to record basic automation and delete it at clip level
    • how to change the number of play repetition for a pattern
    • how to change the number of steps per beat
    • how to change the number of beats per pattern
    • how to set Drambo to auto-grow the number of measures per clip
    • and much more

At the end I show you a simple project I created using VHS Synth as an AUv3 plugin.

• Thanks Leo!

• BeepStreet Drambo v2 - Demo / Tutorial 67: Piano Roll Detailed Walkthrough

Do you need another DAW?

In this video we are exploring the Piano Roll.

This video includes the following product demonstration:

• How to enter Piano Roll
    • How to select multiple notes
    • How to add notes to the Piano Roll
    • How to delete, clear, repeat and copy and paste notes
    • How to change notes velocity
    • How to zoom in and out horizontally and vertically
    • How to Pan the view in the Piano Roll
    • How to disable Notes Preview
    • How to disable Piano Roll Panning

• Nice serie of videos so far. Always very interesting, thanks for this

• BeepStreet Drambo v2 - Demo / Tutorial 68: Step Sequencer Values

Do you need another DAW?

In this video we are exploring how to use the Step Sequence Values.

• How to change velocity on steps
    • How to change gate on steps
    • How to change retriggering on steps
    • How to change cycle on steps
    • How to set step components (please refer to tutorial 12 on details for step components)

• Love your videos, Leo!
    You're a true hero, my friend
    Cheers :sunglasses:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Love your videos, Leo!
    You're a true hero, my friend
    Cheers :sunglasses:

Thank you

• BeepStreet Drambo v2 - Demo / Tutorial 69: Drag and Drop and Upload files from PatchStorage

Do you need another DAW?

In this video we are exploring how to use Drag and Drop and how to import files downloaded from patchstorage or other websites.

• How to drag and drop a sample from Neon inside Drambo as a FlexiSampler rack
    • How to drag and drop midi data from Drambo inside Drambo
    • How to import a drmodules downloaded from patchstorage inside your instruments list
    • How to import and load a project file downloaded from patchstorage as a zip file

• Really appreciating these. Short and succinct.

• BeepStreet Drambo v2 - Demo / Tutorial 70: How to use the Vocoder

Do you need another DAW?

In this video we are exploring how to use the Vocoder Module inside Drambo.

• How to connect the vocoder module the the wavetable oscillator
    • How to use different wavetables to obtain different effects via the vocoder
    • How to record your voice using the flexisampler and drive that into the vocoder
    • How to change the vocoder shape, smooth, amp and dry/wet mix

• BeepStreet Drambo v2 - Demo / Tutorial 71: How to record AUv3 Midi Processor into a clip

Do you need another DAW?

In this video we are exploring how to record into a clip midi data coming from an AUv3 Midi Processor running inside Drambo

• How to setup a number of AUv3 Midi Processors inside Drambo in a single track
    • How to instantiate another instance of Drambo as an AUv3 instrument and connect it to the output of an AUv3 Midi Processor
    • How to record Midi data inside Drambo from an AUv3 Midi Processor and drag and drop it inside a clip to cpu its content

• Amazing, this is a very cool workaround. I love that it's all on one track, as well. Dragging and dropping MIDI between instances might open up a whole new world for me, since I've been neglecting my Rozeta/[x]Bud/etc utilities to focus on all the OTHER great stuff in D.

I'm really loving these quick videos, Leo!

• @timelining said:
    Amazing, this is a very cool workaround. I love that it's all on one track, as well. Dragging and dropping MIDI between instances might open up a whole new world for me, since I've been neglecting my Rozeta/[x]Bud/etc utilities to focus on all the OTHER great stuff in D.

I'm really loving these quick videos, Leo!

Thanks

• Interesting trick. I prefer using the « Streambyter trick » that is a little bit more flexible.

• @sfm said:
    BeepStreet Drambo v2 - Demo / Tutorial 71: How to record AUv3 Midi Processor into a clip

Do you need another DAW?

In this video we are exploring how to record into a clip midi data coming from an AUv3 Midi Processor running inside Drambo

• How to instantiate another instance of Drambo as an AUv3 instrument and connect it to the output of an AUv3 Midi Processor
    • How to record Midi data inside Drambo from an AUv3 Midi Processor and drag and drop it inside a clip to cpu its content

Thanks.. I could have sworn that I tried Drag and Drop from another instance of Drambo before and, nothing.. This changed everything, Thanks..

• @RajahP said:

@sfm said:
    BeepStreet Drambo v2 - Demo / Tutorial 71: How to record AUv3 Midi Processor into a clip

Do you need another DAW?

Thanks.. I could have sworn that I tried Drag and Drop from another instance of Drambo before and, nothing.. This changed everything, Thanks..

Happy playing…

• @cuscolima said:
    Interesting trick. I prefer using the « Streambyter trick » that is a little bit more flexible.

Yes you can do more with that, much more…

• @sfm said:

@cuscolima said:
    Interesting trick. I prefer using the « Streambyter trick » that is a little bit more flexible.

Yes you can do more with that, much more…

You can, but if all you want to do is record audio… your method is better