Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is AURIA Pro Abandonware?

I used to use Auria Pro to process mixes
I sucessfully recorded audio into an existing project in Auria from Audioshare using Audiobus and I got clicks and pops in the audio file that was recorded.

I tried to open a new project in Auria it told me to close all other audio apps because the sample rates are different. New project never opened even after closing all other open apps.

I tried to import audio into Auria from Audioshare I cannot find the file

Auria has no file app support from what I can see.

What is the deal is Auria abandonware or not

Comments

• I think you experienced some difficulties that are inherent in audio processing and DAWs. And, Auria is the first DAW in iOS, and may look a bit dated to the naked eye. But I can assure you that Auria is a very good tool for any professional application, be it in live concert or in the studio.

• No idea at the moment.

Many of us are in a similar predicament.

You can access the Auria Pro folder via the Files app itself and
    you can use AudioShare to access the audio files in the project files
    themselves and try contacting the dev directly via their forum or email.

• edited May 2022

For me the situation is worst, it crash at startup.
    I’ve delete it and reinstall but nothing help.

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    I sucessfully recorded audio into an existing project in Auria from Audioshare using Audiobus and I got clicks and pops in the audio file that was recorded.

I tried to open a new project in Auria it told me to close all other audio apps because the sample rates are different. New project never opened even after closing all other open apps.

The best way to import audio into Auria is using Files app in slide over mode and drag and drop. Exporting to Auria via the Share sheet does not work.

• Thanks for the responses guys it is a shame as Auria used to be one the best D.A.W.s on IOS
    Hopefully they will update it.

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    Thanks for the responses guys it is a shame as Auria used to be one the best D.A.W.s on IOS

There supposedly is an update in the works. I expbug fixes and tweaks rather than anything large scale.

• @espiegel123 said:

@oldschoolwillie said:
    Thanks for the responses guys it is a shame as Auria used to be one the best D.A.W.s on IOS

There supposedly is an update in the works. I expbug fixes and tweaks rather than anything large scale.

That's good news.

Hopefully the bug fixes and tweaks will bring stability.

• @Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@oldschoolwillie said:

That's good news.

If you have stability issues, make sure to give them as much information as possible...video demos are golden. Even if you have reported the issues in the past, it is worth re-reporting periodically. My experience is that they sometimes lose track of issues.

• @Phil999 said:
    be it in live concert

Auria has been so crashy for me over the years, on many different environments and settings that I would ~never~ trust it live.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@oldschoolwillie said:

That's good news.

If you have stability issues, make sure to give them as much information as possible...video demos are golden. Even if you have reported the issues in the past, it is worth re-reporting periodically. My experience is that they sometimes lose track of issues.

I will do.

Thank you for the suggestion.

• @Jeezs said:
    For me the situation is worst, it crash at startup.
    I’ve delete it and reinstall but nothing help.

It launches on startup after deleting the app and reinstalling? What OS version and hardware?

• On iPad Pro 11´´ 2020.
    It crash for more than 6 month now.
    Even after many Apple update.
    For now I’m suing iOS 15.5 latest beta but the problem remain.

• @oldschoolwillie said:

One of the apps , I wish I did not shell bucks on , pretty much soon after I purchased FF Auria bundles , it was then made available as Au making Auria redundant

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was soo close to buy Auria when I first srtarted making music with my iPad, what tempted me more was the fact that is the only DAW in the platform that lets you import video.

• I bought it at the outset because the Lyra synth in it let you load EXS24 files but I never bothered with it a lot. The FF synths in there were great too - and you could (/can?) load desktop presets in it. I like to imagine that Auria was how FabFilter got brought to the iOS party but that might not be remotely true

• @Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@oldschoolwillie said:

That's good news.

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting on the guy to bring updates. The developer is unreliable, always keeps saying that updates are coming, but he hardly ever delivers them. Auria forum is also a joke. Other than that the app is legendary, which makes it even sadder.

• I deleted Auria and Auria Pro (I have both, separately) a few weeks ago when I was out in Gibraltar. I have all my work backed up on an external drive on my MacBook Pro, so I can always go back. I doubt I’ll ever use it again though, I’m so much more into Logic Pro X (which to be fair I was already before I even got Auria). I don’t see the iPad as the place to be doing that sort of work, the MacBook Pro is the better tool for that (and LPX is one of the few places I use — very occasionally and rarely — the stupid touch screen strip above the function keys, when I remember it exists).

• @sharifkerbage said:
    I was soo close to buy Auria when I first srtarted making music with my iPad, what tempted me more was the fact that is the only DAW in the platform that lets you import video.

But it’s not, Meteor from 4pockets can too

• @BiancaNeve said:

@sharifkerbage said:
    I was soo close to buy Auria when I first srtarted making music with my iPad, what tempted me more was the fact that is the only DAW in the platform that lets you import video.

But it’s not, Meteor from 4pockets can too

Wow, Thanks! didn't know that. Does it let you put markers? How is the sync behavior if for example I'm running another AUv3 host for sound design through AB or IAA?

• I must defend Auria Pro here!

Although I don’t use it regular, but, on my iPad Pro M1 (12.9”) it runs without ANY crashes or hickups…

Sure, I don’t have any external devices connected for the moment (except MIDI-controllers), and Auria Pro acts and runs good for me…

Played around with it this morning - imported stems, others imported wavefiles, FF Twin2 (holy moses what a synth!), SWAM intrument (AUV3) - fast and stable on my iPad!

Can external soundcard/interfaces be the problem for others?

And, I can understand the developer of Auria that he working very slow on the app - as an grown adult you must earn money, a lot of money these days to survive…

Hold in mind that Auria 1.0 from 2012 was already then a fantastic product, although without MIDI-support, so, after ten years in business with Auria, perhaps it a’int so attractive it was earlier when there are a lot of options on the market…

But, Auria Pro is still one hell of an music app!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    I must defend Auria Pro here!

Although I don’t use it regular, but, on my iPad Pro M1 (12.9”) it runs without ANY crashes or hickups…

Sure, I don’t have any external devices connected for the moment (except MIDI-controllers), and Auria Pro acts and runs good for me…

Played around with it this morning - imported stems, others imported wavefiles, FF Twin2 (holy moses what a synth!), SWAM intrument (AUV3) - fast and stable on my iPad!

Can external soundcard/interfaces be the problem for others?

And, I can understand the developer of Auria that he working very slow on the app - as an grown adult you must earn money, a lot of money these days to survive…

Hold in mind that Auria 1.0 from 2012 was already then a fantastic product, although without MIDI-support, so, after ten years in business with Auria, perhaps it a’int so attractive it was earlier when there are a lot of options on the market…

But, Auria Pro is still one hell of an music app!

I would agree with you that it is a great app. It had a tough run of instability around 2020 but now it’s back to being pretty stable. The dev is a single person as most iOS dev are. It sometimes takes him a bit of time to get back to Auria while he works on other app but he always does come back.

Do not look at Auria for midi, it is a weakness. But their is lots of great program fir that. NS2, Cubasis to name a few. It’s strength is audio and routing. For those asking for more effect slots. Get Mixbox, it can hold 8 effects per slots.

The forum is pretty quiet and it may take a couple days to get a answer. But the more activity on the forum requesting bug fix the faster he delivers.

• While I can understand people’s frustrations, it has generally been reliable for me … though I have had a few frustrating crashes.

Auria still has features missing in other DAWs. Great bus architecture. Sample accurate audio editing. Warp points.

Why some people have so many crashes remains a mystery.

Sadly, I think the software doesn’t generate enough revenue for Rim to be fully engaged. I suspect Cubasis only has ongoing development resources because it is part of a profitable company that sees Cubasis as playing a role in their bigger picture.

• @espiegel123 said:
    While I can understand people’s frustrations, it has generally been reliable for me … though I have had a few frustrating crashes.

Auria still has features missing in other DAWs. Great bus architecture. Sample accurate audio editing. Warp points.

Agreed.
    The bus architecture is pro and editing audio is really good.

Why some people have so many crashes remains a mystery.

On my part, some of it is to do with auv3’s, exporting midi doesn’t export properly
    and when I’m using Warp points it can also crash.

• @espiegel123 said:

@oldschoolwillie said:

The best way to import audio into Auria is using Files app in slide over mode and drag and drop. Exporting to Auria via the Share sheet does not work.

Good idea will try this thank you

• I find Midi editing in Auria pro not that bad. But crashes regularly after finishing midi edit and zoom out. Is logic pro hard to learn?

• Auria pro works almost faultlessly for me on a five year old ipad. Only the on-screen drum pads seem to do nothing. I still love the synths.

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    FF Twin2 (holy moses what a synth!)

I always wonder why FF didn't release it as a standalone AUv3. I know competition for synths in iOS is pretty fierce but it's superb!

• @Franketti said:
    I find Midi editing in Auria pro not that bad. But crashes regularly after finishing midi edit and zoom out. Is logic pro hard to learn?

Can you give me/us more info around your setup (iPad, OS version, connected devices etc)?

Why? Just tested MIDI-editing again - imported an big MIDI-file with pianonotes (Monk) - zooming in and out, editing all kind of features, note lenght, velocity etc - no crashes or unwanted behavior - Auria Pro working as expected!

My iPad Pro M1 12.9” has 8 GB RAM and perhaps that’s the advantage and stability differens to other iPads (maybe Auria Pro is memory hungry)…

• @ErrkaPetti I have an ipad pro 10.5 256 gb. Ios somewhat 14. Midi keyboard is Yamaha Montage.

This discussion has been closed.