Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRAMBO 2.0 is LIVE!!!

Comments

• For those looking for a tip jar and who can’t wait for more useful ones to come, I would recommend to buy the Wave Extensions. You just need to go in the Shop from the main menu, top left hamburger icon.
    It’s definitely a win win.

And if that isn’t enough, which isn’t imho… I mean this piece of software’s worth is beyond what that little money can buy out there since it is to me, hands down the most fun and inspiring and powerful and portable groove box / composition tool / synthesis and sound experimentation environment / audio and midi signal merger/mangler, allowing interconnection of hardware / sofware in the most inspiring and creative and musical ways…

then, another way to thank @giku_beepstreet for his masterpiece and to support further development is to get other useful tip jar he previously created already available in the app store:

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/drambo/id1469365718?l=fr

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/zeeon-synth/id1230960440?l=fr

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/sunrizer-synth/id443663267?l=fr

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/impaktor/id557824278?l=fr

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/radio-unit/id1545928014?l=fr

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/dervoco/id1391057304?l=fr

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/isequence-hd/id369873168?l=fr

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/gyrosynth/id386527164?l=fr

Many are AUv3 and are a joy to integrate and automate in Drambo.

God! Drambo is such an Audio Unit enhancer, the powerhouse of modulation, automation, velocity expression etc, etc, etc…

Hats off @giku_beepstreet and thank you!

• @sambo said:
    I've been trying Drambo V2.00 on an M1 MBAir running latest Monterey - but can't get any sound out of it. I was prviously able to get sound out of Drambo from the earlier version. I've tried rebooting and searching through the menus but no sound - other apps (Live Logic) are fine..

If you buy it from the Mac App Store is it available to install on Mac from there? It says "Designed for iPad" on there. Thanks!

• When overdubbing is turned off, the sequencer behaves exactly like iKaossilator where new notes perfectly replace old notes. AWESOME. No clear button, (which was removed and I complained) needed! Never change this @giku_beepstreet! Rare stuff!

• @sambo said:
    I've been trying Drambo V2.00 on an M1 MBAir running latest Monterey - but can't get any sound out of it. I was prviously able to get sound out of Drambo from the earlier version. I've tried rebooting and searching through the menus but no sound - other apps (Live Logic) are fine..

Yeah same here (Mac Mini M1), plus no transport. I've reported it so @giku_beepstreet is aware of the issue.

• Concrats @giku_beepstreet & the beta team on this amazing release!

• @stellare_modular said:
    Concrats @giku_beepstreet & the beta team on this amazing release!

you are a part of this! Congrats as well! :)

• @monz0id - thanks for confirming - felt bad coming back with this issue after the amazing v2 update which works so well on iOS.

• I'm really happy with the way things turned out with Drambo 2.0!

...I dare to say that this is just the beginning of things to come and we should be able to keep @giku_beepstreet busy for a long, long time as we've not yet ran out of new fresh ideas on how to make D even better :sunglasses:

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@stellare_modular said:
    Concrats @giku_beepstreet & the beta team on this amazing release!

you are a part of this! Congrats as well! :)

+1

• Have owned a ton of software and hardware. This is the most creative thing I’ve ever touched. Very nice work Beepstreet and the testers.

• @sambo said:
    @monz0id - thanks for confirming - felt bad coming back with this issue after the amazing v2 update which works so well on iOS.

Is an audio interface connected to your MBA?

• It’s a fantastic update! Thanks @giku_beepstreet for all the hard work

• P-lock recording is out of sync with the sequencer. When using auv3. It applies to steps without even a p-lock.

• @giku_beepstreet
    Great new release!

I have a feature refinement request...

While in the compact view.. Let an upward swipe on a module header turn all the control-hiding on and off only for that module.

That way long rows of mod-source knobs could be shown or hidden while remaining in the compact view.

Thanks. :)

• What an update! Exceptional work. Congrats @giku_beepstreet and all the beta team. I really want to throw some cash in monitor;)

• My only ask is for @giku_beepstreet to bring Zeeon to macOS… when you get a chance! There’s nothing quite like it.

• @sambo said:

Drambo is working fine and with sound on my Macbook Pro M1, Monterey 12.3.1

• Here’s Drop 3 of my little Drambo Projects series i hope to get out over the coming weeks. It’s largely sample based, and my goal is to showcase what i think sounds beautiful with just a few key features of Drambo:
    . Varying Track lengths
    . Cycles Components
    . Randomization
    . Control All Scenes

As always, you can grab the Project file from the link in the YouTube description.
    Thanks for watching…and please, let me know what you think about this series.

Cheers!
    -echo opera

• @giku_beepstreet Your modesty is pure class 🏆

• Great to listen to another new track of yours @echoopera!
    Also, thank you for posting the project file, lovely 😊

• wimwim
    edited May 2022

@giku_beepstreet said:

@vasilymilovidov said:
    after playing with it for a couple of hours, I must say this is a superb update! making notes move in piano roll instead of changing their size is a bit of a pain. other than that everything is perfect.

I'm listening to you. Gonna take a look and this again and adjust this gesture, if needed.

At least one app nailed it IMO by providing a visual clue as to which grab point you've selected. The right-hand (length) grab point triggers a thin vertical line extending to the top and bottom of the piano roll when touched. The movement triggers a horizontal line, though I'm not sure that one is needed.

Anyway, it's instantly obvious when the point has been successfully grabbed.

(I'm also a big fan of the NS2 / Xequence 2 direction of movement buttons, but that would be a major change in approach, and some people don't like it.)

• Minor stem export thought - would be nice to prepend the file names in stem export before the date, instead of append. So when they are in a DAW, you can keep track columns skinny and still see the start of the name like kick, bass, chords etc instead of the date first.

• Oh man what an update! 🎊 I haven’t dove into Drambo nearly as much as I should have, so I’m excited to really get into now. It really is an amazing app. To the point that that and an iPad is all one could ever need to make a careers worth of albums. It’s the main thing keeping me from getting another hardware groovebox because Drambo does it all.

• edited May 2022

A tip: you may drag'n'drop files, folders and samples between Drambo, iOS files app, Audio Units that support this (e.g. Drambo or Koala) or OSX desktop (this needs universal control turned on).

Samples may be dropped directly on Flexi or on a track (Flexi is created automatically)

Internal Drambo file system is available in Drambo Files panel (burger menu). You may drop folders here.

You can open / close Drambo while holding dragged item or load another project.

• @gregsmith said:
    Barely scratched the surface yet. Just wondering if there’s a way to midi learn play and stop separately? I understand you can midi learn to toggle the play button but it’d be great to be able to specifically stop and play.
    It’d be awesome to have these sorts of things as exposed au parameters.

Also, can you launch clips instantly independent of the clock? Almost like one shots?

Forgot to tag you in this @giku_beepstreet

Is any of this possible?

• @rs2000 said:
    Great to listen to another new track of yours @echoopera!
    Also, thank you for posting the project file, lovely 😊

Many thanks and you’re welcome. 🙏🏼💕

• Is it possible to set a track length to any number of step? i.e can one track be 16 steps, and another one 13 steps?

• edited May 2022

@frosttrance_7 said:
    I love how there are now wavetable effects!

How does these work exactly? Any videos that show possibilities?

edit: figured it out. they nest in the wavetable modules; the factory preset Drambo on Waves helps a bunch.

• edited May 2022

@mistercharlie said:
    Is it possible to set a track length to any number of step? i.e can one track be 16 steps, and another one 13 steps?

You can set this per clip. However, rather than setting number of steps directly in a menu (I think this is coming eventually), you use the jump step component to ask the sequencer to jump back to the start of the sequence.

I have placed this step component on step 13, asking it to jump back to bar 1, step 1. When the transport hits this step, that’s what’ll happen. This turns the clip into a 13 step sequence.

• @giku_beepstreet said: Is an audio interface connected to your MBA?

no - nothing at all - I've loaded one of the demo songs and can save as a stem which plays back in the finder just to confirm that it appears to be an Audio Output issue. Audio Midi setup points to the generic MBA speakers. The only mildly nonstandard aspect of my (Monterey 12.3.1) system is I've got a BlackHole software audio loopthrough installed but I'm not using it in this instance and would rather keep it as I use it for working with an Expert Sleepers ES8 so I can work with a modular system but as I said in this particular instance I'm only directing the Audio Midi Setup to the computer speakers. (I'm correct in thinking that unlike Logic or Ableton its not possible to choose an Audio interface in Drambo v2 - just wanted to check in case I'd missed a hidden menu!)