Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRAMBO 2.0 is LIVE!!!

Comments

• @rs2000 said:
    @craftycurate Could you please restart your iPad and create a new Drambo project with a new Flexi instance?

Thanks, that works ... the FlexiSampler help is present as per your screenshot if I start a new project after an iPad restart, though not if I load an old one.

I wonder if there is an opportunity for a Wiki-style manual? Maybe this already exists?

• Did everyone’s module presets survive the update?
    What’s the best way for me to back those up?

• And here we go…new Drambo update featuring @Gravitas

">

Link

• edited May 2022

@craftycurate said:

@rs2000 said:
    @craftycurate Could you please restart your iPad and create a new Drambo project with a new Flexi instance?

Thanks, that works ... the FlexiSampler help is present as per your screenshot if I start a new project after an iPad restart, though not if I load an old one.

I wonder if there is an opportunity for a Wiki-style manual? Maybe this already exists?

Yes, this is because previous module versions are kept 1:1 in order to support loading older projects.

The official manual is here:
    https://www.beepstreet.com/drambo-docs/

A Wiki style manual exists here on the ABF:
    https://wiki.audiob.us/beepstreet_drambo

It has not been updated to v2.0 but anyone who'd like to is very welcome to contribute! :)

• I love how there are now wavetable effects!

• Pls forgive my utter pleb-ness, but dRambo was one of the first things I bought when I discovered iOS as a viable music platform a couple of months ago, but had to navigate and learn some other things first. Still havent learned it. Planned to go through SoundForMore’s mammoth tutorial series.

Would it be advisable to keep the old version going while I do that so I don’t get lost or is the UI sufficiently similar?

• @BirbHope said:
    Pls forgive my utter pleb-ness, but dRambo was one of the first things I bought when I discovered iOS as a viable music platform a couple of months ago, but had to navigate and learn some other things first. Still havent learned it. Planned to go through SoundForMore’s mammoth tutorial series.

Would it be advisable to keep the old version going while I do that so I don’t get lost or is the UI sufficiently similar?

I still think there is a lot of things in his tutorial series which will remain relevant. Anything dealing with the modules themselves and creating instruments or effects will be pretty much the same. Anything that deals with sequencing and patterns will be different.

I'd plow ahead and start using the new version.

• @BirbHope said:
    Pls forgive my utter pleb-ness, but dRambo was one of the first things I bought when I discovered iOS as a viable music platform a couple of months ago, but had to navigate and learn some other things first. Still havent learned it. Planned to go through SoundForMore’s mammoth tutorial series.

It's similar enough but with lots of improvements. Better to update since you're almost starting from scratch.

• @BirbHope said:

The basics should translate fine, though there is a learning curve to this update for sure, the app shouldn’t feel completely new to existing users. This update brought quite few refinements, gestures, shortcuts for a fluent workflow. Refer to ‘Help’ (From under top left hamburger menu) for details about these.

• Barely scratched the surface yet. Just wondering if there’s a way to midi learn play and stop separately? I understand you can midi learn to toggle the play button but it’d be great to be able to specifically stop and play.
    It’d be awesome to have these sorts of things as exposed au parameters.

Also, can you launch clips instantly independent of the clock? Almost like one shots?

• @supadom said:
    1st of April?

Friday the 13th?

Who is this guy?!

I thought this too. Cheeky. Clever.

• How can I move these samples over to the right? My OP-Z’s keyboard doesn’t match up, so I want to shift all samples up 5 semitones.

• @mistercharlie said:
    How can I move these samples over to the right? My OP-Z’s keyboard doesn’t match up, so I want to shift all samples up 5 semitones.

The easiest solution probably is to use MIDI/Transpose module :)

• edited May 2022

@drewinnit said:
    Did everyone’s module presets survive the update?
    What’s the best way for me to back those up?

They should survive the update.

My personal favorite backup tool is Readdle Documents.

• Enable background audio in Drambo's settings
    • Connect to a WiFi network (your phone's mobile hotspot works, no mobile data will be consumed)
    • Enable WebDAV in Drambo's top left menu
    • Switch to the Documents app and create a new WebDAV connection with this this URL:

http://127.0.0.1:8080

This will allow you to use the Documents app as a better file manager and a nice backup solution.
    Audio preview, deleting, copying, moving files is supported.

• Insane work guys, really hope that this is the catalyst for me to finally get Drambo, have been in awe of some of the work produced on it for so long and so frustrated with myself for not grasping it yet

• Thanks @rs2000 thats very helpful :)

• Great update! @giku_beepstreet I think that I've found a bug with patterns of 3 beats per step, the step sequencer doesn't adapt its width correctly, leaving out some notes outside of it after a few measures. I.e what's under the green arrow in my screenshot isn't aligned with what's on top.

• @jsmonzani said:
    Great update! @giku_beepstreet I think that I've found a bug with patterns of 3 beats per step, the step sequencer doesn't adapt its width correctly, leaving out some notes outside of it after a few measures. I.e what's under the green arrow in my screenshot isn't aligned with what's on top.

Thank you!

• edited May 2022

Guys, working on v.2.0.1. If you've found a bug, something annoys you, have a suggestion, drop an email to info at beepstreet.com please. (serious offers only :) )

• The sequencer alone makes this app worth its price! What a great update!

Is it currently possible to record external midi into the sequencer when using Drambo as an auv3 in AUM or Loopy Pro?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@craftycurate said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    If there are particular modules you want help with, ask here and either someone can explain in text or make a dedicated video about it. It's also worth looking at the Youtube back catalogue of Ben Richards, as he has covered many modules in earlier videos, and one of them may cover what you need. Here's his old Drambo playlist - you can search for vids in there (don't watch this first vid as it's now out of date, but the ones about categories of modules in the list in the top right corner are mostly still relevant):

Thanks …. It is a very supportive community here for sure. Nothing beats grinding through a manual for me though

Manuals are very useful and fun when well written, for sure. I like the job that Synthdawg has done with writing new manuals (some official, some unofficial) for several hardware devices, maybe he should be set loose on Drambo!

The hammerhead manual is impressive. More of a detailed infographic.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    The hammerhead manual is impressive. More of a detailed infographic.

where can i find it?

• @FriedTapeworm said:
    The sequencer alone makes this app worth its price! What a great update!

Is it currently possible to record external midi into the sequencer when using Drambo as an auv3 in AUM or Loopy Pro?

Sure, as long as you're recording MIDI notes.

• edited May 2022

@giku_beepstreet

it's amazing how well you designed UI ... even through delatively lot of features everything is SUPER intuitive and straightforward, figured instantly everything what os new in second, not needed to watch manual for second...UX masterpiece !

• edited May 2022

@dendy said:
    @giku_beepstreet

it's amazing how well you designed UI ... even through delatively lot of features everything is SUPER intuitive and straightforward, figured instantly everything what os new in second, not needed to watch manual for second...UX masterpiece !

Thank you! It's beta team and me.

• I've been trying Drambo V2.00 on an M1 MBAir running latest Monterey - but can't get any sound out of it. I was prviously able to get sound out of Drambo from the earlier version. I've tried rebooting and searching through the menus but no sound - other apps (Live Logic) are fine..

• Phenomenal update. I haven't scratched the surface of the new stuff but just got acquainted with the new UI and the feng shui is superb ;p. UX has been lovely ❤️

I love that a new bar won't be included during live recording if the whole bar hasn't been recorded.

There seems be a minor bug with the piano roll lasso icon consistency. Sometimes the icon shows it's off when it's still on.
    Haven't read through this thread yet so sorry if it's already been mentioned.

Thank you to @giku_beepstreet and the beta team!

• edited May 2022

hahaha, what is Drambo and what does it do??

So much excitement :D

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    It’s kind of crazy how these single devs make such amazing apps… most times, bettter than the big companies. Bram,fac,Kai,giku,michael,mr. zoa/OODA, Erik sigth, Igor, Harry gosh, etc… we spoiled on iOS

Btw what a well coded and smooth piece of software. Amazed. No gas here.

From what I’ve read I strongly suspect that the software side of various Elektron machines i.e. the Octatrack or Digitone was effectively one person.