Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) version 1.1 released

After a year of hard work, we released version 1.1 of MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) with the goal of making it clearer and easier to adopt!

More here:

https://www.midi.org/midi-articles/the-midi-association-announces-the-v1-1-update-to-the-midi-polyphonic-expression-mpe-specification

Comments

• Great news ! And congratulations 👍
    At least some good reading for this weekend 😆

• Is this some intermediate step between MIDI 1.x and MIDI 2.0 ? Or is it a standard apart from the MIDI specs ?
    I just try to understand better where MPE takes place in the big MIDI specs universe…
    Thank you again.

• edited May 2022

@Paulo164 said:
    Is this some intermediate step between MIDI 1.x and MIDI 2.0 ? Or is it a standard apart from the MIDI specs ?
    I just try to understand better where MPE takes place in the big MIDI specs universe…
    Thank you again.

It's part of the current MIDI 1 specs, the MPE working group has now pivoted to specify how this connects to MIDI 2.0 by working on MPE 2.0 which focused on specifying MIDI-CI profiles and how to handle the transition.

• edited May 2022

Thank you very much.
    So what I understand is basically that MPE 1.1 makes the maximal use out of MIDI 1 to pass all information needed for plain polyphonic expression (ex. : simultaneous multi-channeling, etc.).
    But not for only (sorry if I may have missed some other important concepts…).