Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRAMBO 2.0 is LIVE!!!

Comments

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Congratulations @giku_beepstreet. Drambo is really best music app on iOS hands down. Thanks so much for all😄

💯!! Congrats @giku_beepstreet 👏 Happy release day!

• the piano roll feels a bit tricky to use, but maybe I just need some getting used to

• edited May 2022

I was GASsing hard on some new hardware which were announced at Superbooth. This release of Drambo cured it. This update is just so awesome. Thank you for al your hard work and dedication.
    I feel like buying you a coffee @giku_beepstreet , I could not find a donate button on your site. Please let me know, how I can buy you a coffee/beer :)

• Who needs that OP-1 Field?!

This was a fantastic surprise to wake up to. Of course now I have to work without getting distracted.

One question. Is it possible to p-lock the Flexi sampler’s record button to a step/trig?

• It’s kind of crazy how these single devs make such amazing apps… most times, bettter than the big companies. Bram,fac,Kai,giku,michael,mr. zoa/OODA, Erik sigth, Igor, Harry gosh, etc… we spoiled on iOS

Btw what a well coded and smooth piece of software. Amazed. No gas here.

• edited May 2022

@mistercharlie said:
    Who needs that OP-1 Field?!

This was a fantastic surprise to wake up to. Of course now I have to work without getting distracted.

One question. Is it possible to p-lock the Flexi sampler’s record button to a step/trig?

Not currently. But you can p-lock the Recorder module’s Rec button, and drag the audio file out. When the audio file is dragged and dropped in empty rack space, a new instance of Flexi is automatically created containing the file.

Functionally the same :)

• edited May 2022

Here’s a little Track I’d like to contribute to the Drambo Community:

You can find the link to the Project File in the YouTube description.

I’ve included the wonky little Master Effects Rack in the file as well so you can have fun performing Control All via the Scenes control when you wanna go a little crazy on your tracks.

Thanks in advance for watching and i hope you enjoy the track and love Drambo 2.0 even more than you thought possible 🙏🏼💕

I’ll be dropping a few more vids and projects in the coming weeks, so be on the look out if you enjoy my vibe. 👊🏼™️

• This is so brilliant. Thank you @giku_beepstreet and the beta team. I won’t be leaving my house for a few days and will be completely ignoring my SO during that time.

• This is just amazing. So many beautiful little touches, like that the last-pressed keys get a grey tint.

How are people using midi controller with this? It seems to me that it would be an amazing combo

• Free update 😳 If a new major version doesn’t justify an upgrade fee, then what does?

• edited May 2022

Also works on Mac M1 and the GUI is resizable. Can even go full screen. Amazing.

• edited May 2022

Well done @giku_beepstreet, what an amazing piece of work. Can’t wait to get into this over the weekend. Just briefly had a play about and can see how much you put into this. You really should think about finding a way to be paid for this amount of work. Another iOS music game changer… Drambo on a whole new level. 😀🙏🏼

• edited May 2022

@supadom said:
    @Michael_R_Grant ’s tutorial

Thanks for posting this… I think! More tutorials to come in the next few days for those who value the underdog. ;)

A little jam I did is now also public. Shows what you can make over just a lunchtime in Drambo, featuring VHS synth on main duties.

• So amazing to have it officially live! And works great on M1 too!

• Thank you @giku_beepstreet and the beta testers!

• Here’s one more project before i call it a night:

Link to the project is in the YT Description as well. You may need a few ToneBoosters auv3s but it should work fine if you don’t have them.

• Congrats @giku_beepstreet and the beta testers. Can’t wait to get stuck in…

• Congratulations @giku_beepstreet !🙌🙌👏👏👏
    I’d say this is a double win. Superb music making tool got even more amazing and a step towards the end of capitalism 😅

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Finally! It took so long. Downloading!

😂😂😂

So good to wake up to this news and a great joke from the boss. Thank you beep for your devotion to your masterpiece.

So, where is the tip jar? A few of us would actually use it.

• @tahiche said:
    Congratulations @giku_beepstreet !🙌🙌👏👏👏
    I’d say this is a double win. Superb music making tool got even more amazing and a step towards the end of capitalism 😅

:D Buy Drambo pls! I want the new OP1

• @aleyas said:

@mistercharlie said:

Not currently. But you can p-lock the Recorder module’s Rec button, and drag the audio file out. When the audio file is dragged and dropped in empty rack space, a new instance of Flexi is automatically created containing the file.

There’s a bug with that. If sample rate is set to 48,000 dragging to a Flexi results in the audio playing back too slowly. If sample rate is set to 44,100 the dragged audio plays back correctly.

It seems that Recorder isn’t picking up the sample rate correctly.

• edited May 2022

As about beta team. It wasn't just beta testing, but a collective research and development. Great and tallented people. Thank you guys!

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    As about beta team. It wasn't just beta testing, but a collective research and development. Great and tallented people. Thank you guys!

Thank you! <3

• @rs2000 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Thank you! <3

+1

• edited May 2022

@aleyas said:

@mistercharlie said:

I think I can go one better. Do it all in the same track, with the ability to keep swapping out new samples.

Set step 1 to p-lock the record button of the recorder (in the screenshot I’ve set it to record external audio, but you could resample the output of another module just as easily). Then after recording, physically drag the file to the flexi sampler next door and then play/slice to your heart’s content.

You can even leave the original record p-lock on step 1 there, because it won’t record again until you clear the sample (moving it only copies it). And you can use the mixer to control volumes if you want to do some prep work on the sample before hearing it back (for example, turn the flexi to zero if you have a note pattern in the sequence for slices and want to create the slice grid before hearing the sample play)

I have one suggestion for @giku_beepstreet to make this workflow ridiculously powerful - could there be an option to preserve a slice grid after deleting a sample from the flexi machine? Then we could ‘pre-setup’ slices in a flexi and just keep dropping new recordings in there!

Hey, this could be the subject of a VERY PROFESSIONAL tutorial!

• @mistercharlie said:
    This is just amazing. So many beautiful little touches, like that the last-pressed keys get a grey tint.

How are people using midi controller with this? It seems to me that it would be an amazing combo

It really is. I sometimes link a wireless Bluetooth keyboard and a Faderfox UC4 to Drambo (would do it every time if I could!). It’s a brilliant combo - the keyboard for creating sequences, and the Faderfox for track volumes, mutes, quick-record for flexis, and a physical crossfader. As well as macros set to control certain track parameters. The possibilities are endless.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Thank you for taking us on a journey👊🏼™️

• @giku_beepstreet said:

It’s been a pleasure. Thanks for all your hard work, it’s really paid off.

• @rs2000 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Thank you! <3

+1 👏 🙌 👏 Crazy how much/how fast you worked through the beta 🤯 & still no tip-jar 🤪

The (killer) Wavetable IAP’s available if anyone doesn’t have it already & wants to support Giku. & if it helps I’ll give anyone that buys it over the weekend a free code for the COTCD Wavetable pack. Just DM me a screen grab of the unlock ✌️🦧

• @mistercharlie said:
    This is just amazing. So many beautiful little touches, like that the last-pressed keys get a grey tint.

I have a bunch of different controllers here, yet I'm using Drambo without one 99% of the time. I've done plenty of testing with them, including different incremental controllers like the Faderfox, Beatstep, Hwrcules DJ jog wheels and my own Keystep endless encoder hack and I can say that no single controller is "the perfect match" to Drambo.

It's very much depending on what functions you use frequently and also if you need foot switches or strap-on controllers for your guitar etc. to simplify the recording process.

Also note that sequencer steps cannot (yet) be mapped to MIDI messages so to use e.g. a Launchpad for step sequencing, you'd have to rely on one of @Gravitas' great Drambo projects.