Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A new generative ambient piece

edited May 2022 in Creations

After taking a break of about a year from music making my creativity seems to be back. This piece started in wotja and developed into what it is now in Cubasis (after Midi export from Wotja). It includes several apps (VHS among others…) and effects (Spacefields…). The visuals were made with VS Synth. Relax, watch, listen and enjoy…

Comments

• “This video has been removed by the uploader”

• edited May 2022

Somehow Youtube deleted the sound. Now it (hopefully) has sound:

• Wow... what a beautiful song. Hit the right spot at the end of my day

• @senhorlampada said:
    Wow... what a beautiful song. Hit the right spot at the end of my day

Thanks a lot 😊

• Really great stuff! Wotja is an app I’ve still yet to dive into and wrap my head around but it seems great. Just very complex. You’ve put it to good use here!

• Nice one, glad to see you back! No stringed instruments, eh? I have always mused about pairing acoustic instruments with Wotja's capabilities but I have not had the time to explore more deeply. Maybe you'll get to it soon with your burst of productivity!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Nice one, glad to see you back! No stringed instruments, eh? I have always mused about pairing acoustic instruments with Wotja's capabilities but I have not had the time to explore more deeply. Maybe you'll get to it soon with your burst of productivity!

Try it; it's great fun. I often jam with one of the Moodscaper apps. I don't have Wotja, but being able to choose your own key and tempo does seem like a nice-to-have compared to the Moodscapers.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Nice one, glad to see you back! No stringed instruments, eh? I have always mused about pairing acoustic instruments with Wotja's capabilities but I have not had the time to explore more deeply. Maybe you'll get to it soon with your burst of productivity!

Try it; it's great fun. I often jam with one of the Moodscaper apps. I don't have Wotja, but being able to choose your own key and tempo does seem like a nice-to-have compared to the Moodscapers.

Oh nice, hadn't thought about Moodscaper for the same use case. I do like being able to choose the key and tempo for some stringed instrument jams, though. I often wondered if Wotja (or some other tool) might respond to velocity input (using MidiGuitar2 or something) to alter the parameters of the generative aspects of Wotja--maybe more notes, more gain, etc.

• edited May 2022

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Oh nice, hadn't thought about Moodscaper for the same use case. I do like being able to choose the key and tempo for some stringed instrument jams, though. I often wondered if Wotja (or some other tool) might respond to velocity input (using MidiGuitar2 or something) to alter the parameters of the generative aspects of Wotja--maybe more notes, more gain, etc.

I don't know about Wotja, but I have set things like that up in AUM, using FAC Envolver to convert audio into CCs and/or gates. It's easy and fun to build those environments in AUM.

@lukesleepwalker said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I don't know about Wotja, but I have set things like that up in AUM, using FAC Envolver to convert audio into CCs and/or gates. It's easy and fun to build those environments in AUM.

Hey, I have that app! I will break it out…

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Some recipes to try:

Multi-out from Scatterbrain into multiple Envolvers is a nice one; this way each note you play triggers a different midi event.

Photon can add a midi arpeggio tail onto each individual midi note you play in. I don’t know if this app is still working though.

In some of the Rozeta apps if you press the autoplay button it resets to midi trigger. This means that it ignores the AUM clock and instead advances on each midi note you send in from Envolver. This way you can use Particles, for example, to add a random yet in scale harmony note to each note you play. Or use Cells to add a chord to each note you play in.

Also a lot of nice midi fx in Mozaic. Some will add midi harmony to what you play in. Try String pad generator and/or Coltranius for this. Phased Boi looks like a lot of fun to jam into but I haven’t tried it yet. Many more scripts yet to try in there.

@lukesleepwalker said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Some recipes to try:

Multi-out from Scatterbrain into multiple Envolvers is a nice one; this way each note you play triggers a different midi event.

Photon can add a midi arpeggio tail onto each individual midi note you play in. I don’t know if this app is still working though.

In some of the Rozeta apps if you press the autoplay button it resets to midi trigger. This means that it ignores the AUM clock and instead advances on each midi note you send in from Envolver. This way you can use Particles, for example, to add a random yet in scale harmony note to each note you play. Or use Cells to add a chord to each note you play in.

Also a lot of nice midi fx in Mozaic. Some will add midi harmony to what you play in. Try String pad generator and/or Coltranius for this. Phased Boi looks like a lot of fun to jam into but I haven’t tried it yet. Many more scripts yet to try in there.

Wow, some great suggestions in here! Thanks for generously taking the time to describe the options. Much appreciated.

• Thanks everyone for your comments. I took a break from music because I somehow ran out of new ideas. Now your comments on my piece give new ideas to try out. And there is also drambo…☺️

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr I'm finding that Cality is also a good option for jams, as well.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr I'm finding that Cality is also a good option for jams, as well.

Great idea. A cloud of midi from each audio note. I like it.

• Nice gentle track. Look forward to more posts.