Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Crepuscule Dawn / Jubal Flute

edited May 2022 in Creations

Korg Module Bonne Journee Cello and Jubal Flute.

Comments

• edited May 2022

There were a few moments that reminded me of The Moody Blues. One of my old favorites.
    I like Jubal Flute and Shire Whistle. I think I will try to do something with them this weekend. Nice track.

Edit - I think this is the first time I have ever used crepuscule in a sentence.

• @Paulieworld said:
    There were a few moments that reminded me of The Moody Blues. One of my old favorites.
    I like Jubal Flute and Shire Whistle. I think I will try to do something with them this weekend. Nice track.

Edit - I think this is the first time I have ever used crepuscule in a sentence.

Does shire whistle still have the volume issue I’ve read about? I have every other Embertone app and love it but the reviews of that one steer me away. Which is a bummer as I’m a huge LoTR fan.

• Fantastic! I’m curious, do you have any former music knowledge? The chord progressions and themes you choose see always top notch!

• edited May 2022

@Paulieworld i never would object to being compared to The Moody Blues! Thx, bro.
    Btw, crepuscular Dawn sounds like an oxymoron, but crepuscular rays can occur at Dawn, I discovered.

@HotStrange, very glad you thought so. TBH, my knowledge of musical theory and harmony is abysmal. It’s like calculus to me (which was also impossible to understand. I still don’t cognize “function”).

My only knowledge is in improvising and not judging what I’m doing as I’m doing it. Or better, not paying attention to the judgements I still inevitably make. What I do is perhaps a cross between guessing, decades of hearing jazz, classical,rock, and being guided by an unseen hand.

In this track, for example, I recorded the flute part immediately after the improv. I generally can not remember what I have played. As the strings proceeded I took my best shot. My judgmental self said this is bs, but I have learned not to give credence to that critic. Also, I have in the back of my mind that I will be able to midi edit, so glaring “errors”, fortunately, do not derail me.

Usually, I am surprised by what I have played. I guess it’s a bit Edgar Cayce at the core… you know?

• Really nice, Mike. Simple, gentle, organic and relaxing.

• Thank you @Spidericemidas. I appreciate your ears. 👂🏻👂🏻👂🏻🙏

• Was walking the dog and noticed this track was posted. Perfect music for a walk in nature. I'll have to check it out with headphones. Going to spending the night tomorrow night in a cabin in the woods (on Friday the 13th of all nights ) so I'll be bringing the iPad and the good headphones so I can listen as the sun rises (if Jason doesn't get me.)

• @HotStrange said:

@Paulieworld said:

Does shire whistle still have the volume issue I’ve read about? I have every other Embertone app and love it but the reviews of that one steer me away. Which is a bummer as I’m a huge LoTR fan.

They may have fixed that by now, but I definitely noticed that! If you use Cubasis, I have a workaround that I have used. I just 'Freeze' the track, copy it, then normalize the copy. Then you can unfreeze the original and mute it. If, as the song progresses and the mix doesn't sound right, you can always make a few edits and repeat the process until it sounds right in the mix.

This could be difficult if you use AUM as your primary composition tool. However, I believe AUM has a file player feature. Perhaps you could normalize the track with something like Twisted Wave, then run it in the file player. I am not an AUM expert so I am not sure if this would work for you. I mostly use AUM as a routing tool for synths that don't play nice in Audiobus. Have a nice weekend!

• I actually had to look that one up. When I found out the meaning, I figured you were just doing a little creative contradiction. It's a very nice track that conjures up a vision of sitting on my patio at 5:30 with cup of coffee, waiting for the sun.

• @Paulieworld said:

@HotStrange said:

@Paulieworld said:

They may have fixed that by now, but I definitely noticed that! If you use Cubasis, I have a workaround that I have used. I just 'Freeze' the track, copy it, then normalize the copy. Then you can unfreeze the original and mute it. If, as the song progresses and the mix doesn't sound right, you can always make a few edits and repeat the process until it sounds right in the mix.

This could be difficult if you use AUM as your primary composition tool. However, I believe AUM has a file player feature. Perhaps you could normalize the track with something like Twisted Wave, then run it in the file player. I am not an AUM expert so I am not sure if this would work for you. I mostly use AUM as a routing tool for synths that don't play nice in Audiobus. Have a nice weekend!

Thanks! Unfortunately if an app has that much fuss to work around an issue I probably just won’t use it lol but I’ll keep an eye out to see if it’s been fixed or not. Jabal flute can get 75% of the way there, which I suppose works for now.

Have a nice weekend as well 🤝

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Paulieworld i never would object to being compared to The Moody Blues! Thx, bro.
    Btw, crepuscular Dawn sounds like an oxymoron, but crepuscular rays can occur at Dawn, I discovered.

@HotStrange, very glad you thought so. TBH, my knowledge of musical theory and harmony is abysmal. It’s like calculus to me (which was also impossible to understand. I still don’t cognize “function”).

My only knowledge is in improvising and not judging what I’m doing as I’m doing it. Or better, not paying attention to the judgements I still inevitably make. What I do is perhaps a cross between guessing, decades of hearing jazz, classical,rock, and being guided by an unseen hand.

In this track, for example, I recorded the flute part immediately after the improv. I generally can not remember what I have played. As the strings proceeded I took my best shot. My judgmental self said this is bs, but I have learned not to give credence to that critic. Also, I have in the back of my mind that I will be able to midi edit, so glaring “errors”, fortunately, do not derail me.

Usually, I am surprised by what I have played. I guess it’s a bit Edgar Cayce at the core… you know?

I definitely understand that. I took music classes in high school and that’s where my knowledge ends lol. I’m a big listener of music and I love a few of the YouTube guys like Adam Neely, so I’ve picked up a bit from them. Other than that, I’m right there with you.

Gotta say, you have a great ear for it! I would’ve thought you had a degree in it with the quality of the tracks you make!

• Thx @HotStrange creativity often involves workarounds. IOS has taught me that, for sure!

• edited May 2022

Crepuscule Dawn. Is that like the Dawn of the Night? Or the Dawn of Dawn? I search for meaning in everything.

• edited May 2022

@Ailerom, well, there’s that but really, when I discovered what crepuscular rays are… as in the photo above… I thought that was a cool added twist.
    @Paulieworld i prefer the dawn as the end of the day, as often happens after all night music making. I know, I’m odd.

• edited May 2022

@LinearLineman said:
    @Ailerom, well, there’s that but really, when I discovered what crepuscular rays are… as in the photo above… I thought that was a cool added twist.

Ah I get it. The days starts in a glorious way. I would have got it if Crepuscular Ray Dawn. Cool imagery though.

But then, there could have been the assumption that Rae Dawn Chong is crepuscular.

• Finally got to listen to this with proper headphones. No Wi-Fi or phone service at the cabin (no deranged horror movie killers either) so my plan to watch this at sunrise didn’t pan out. Definitely worth the wait. It perfectly captures the mood and beauty of those quiet, still hours.

• Thanks @MadeofWax i’m sure it was good to be off the grid for a bit. If only to miss it.