Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple discontinues iPod touch

Available only as long as supplies last. Current prices direct from Apple in the US:

• 32GB $199
  • 128GB $299
  • 256GB $399

Comments

• Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. Surprised it lasted this long to be honest.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. Surprised it lasted this long to be honest.

I'll admit I'm tempted. The only thing I don't like about my iPhone ... is the phone part. :D

• Yeah. Not really surprised by this.

• @wim said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. Surprised it lasted this long to be honest.

I'll admit I'm tempted. The only thing I don't like about my iPhone ... is the phone part. :D

But, will it be able to run Logic Pro?

I have the original iPod Touch and one from a couple of gens ago. They are fun and a good size for kids and games. I'm kinda surprised that they didn't update them, but I guess the iPad Mini has taken over most of their potential market.

• They should have offered a model with cellular like the iPad, then it would have been perfect.

:p

• I’ll probably try and get one while I can. I’ve enjoyed my current iPod touch for years. Got the battery replaced a few months ago. It’s become an essential part of my gigs, use it to Bluetooth tracks to my pa, it’s small and I can carry it in my pocket (important when your arms are full carrying gear) and it sits on my keyboard and not get in the way. Also use it hiking and non musical stuff. Like it a lot.

• Dav
  • I honestly, with no exaggeration, would’ve guessed they had discontinued them around 2013. What a blast from the past.

• edited May 2022

Sad to see that they’ve discontinued a stand alone music/media player, I personally don’t like using my phone to listen to music as I prefer saving the battery for calls/internet access etc.

• I took out if the drawer my old iTouch. It is in iOS 6. But I still managed to install Caustic. More like mini Caustics 😁

• @ecou said:

I took out if the drawer my old iTouch. It is in iOS 6. But I still managed to install Caustic. More like mini Caustics 😁

👍

• The one iPod I thought was really great was the clip-on iPod Shuffle. Perfect for sports and exercise. Too bad they gave up on that one.

• @NeuM said:
    The one iPod I thought was really great was the clip-on iPod Shuffle. Perfect for sports and exercise. Too bad they gave up on that one.

I have a water-proofed one ;)

• Sad news! I have a 'touch' and a 'shuffle' (Sounds like a good night out ;) )

My iPod touch still has Goodhertz 'Can Opener' installed, which means I have access to an Apple music player which still has a headphone-jack and access to a 3rd-party, user-definable EQ :)

• 98% of the time, I'm at home. I work from my home with Internet. I don't have a Phone. The iPod Touch will be missed.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    98% of the time, I'm at home. I work from my home with Internet. I don't have a Phone. The iPod Touch will be missed.

There will always be a market for some product that goes away. I guess they determined it no longer fits their business model.

• What do we call podcasts now? Padcasts? Phonecasts?

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    What do we call podcasts now? Padcasts? Phonecasts?

Radio programs?

• edited May 2022

@el_bo said:

@NeuM said:
    The one iPod I thought was really great was the clip-on iPod Shuffle. Perfect for sports and exercise. Too bad they gave up on that one.

I needed a waterproof one. I killed two of them from sweating on them while rowing.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@el_bo said:

@NeuM said:

I needed a waterproof one. I killed two of them from sweating on them while rowing.

Same

• @NeonSilicon said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

Radio programs?

LOL

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Me too. I’d be surprised if they were selling in large numbers anyway.

• @michael_m said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Me too. I’d be surprised if they were selling in large numbers anyway.

Exactly. And as others have mentioned above, I too think the iPad Mini is what's taken over sales of the iPod Touch, and with good reasoning. It's a far superior device despite the current gen lacking a headphone jack. It's compatible with the Apple Pencil for quick art sketching on the go. Many music apps (FabFilter AUs) are only available on the iPad. Etc.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@el_bo said:

@NeuM said:

I went with a company called Audioflood. Great product! Really worked well for swimming. They have a different player now (Some kinda Spotify thingy).

• @Lady_App_titude said:

iCasts. Apple buys them all.

• edited May 2022

I bought an iPod 4 Touch I think 12 years ago? Great device that I used until recently. The only reason I got rid of it was because the thing I used it for (live backing tracks) suffered it's demise at the hands of Covid. I really can't understand why they would do this. Unless they think it will push people toward iPhones. Which is really a no brainer. I mean who wouldn't fork out an extra $500 for a phone they don't need just to get an iPod. Anyway, I don't get it.

• Honestly, I was interested in purchasing one, waiting for an update. As the perfect companion for my field recorder. Using apps like FieldScaper on the signal, quickly transporting files to the memory, and all fitting in a small bag. Without the extra phone functions draining the battery.

Well, now I suppose that my only option is an iPhone SE, without headphone jack.

• @Pynchon said:
    Well, now I suppose that my only option is an iPhone SE, without headphone jack.

Buy one on eBay.

• DavDav
    edited May 2022

I went ahead and ordered one. It's such a useful thing, and my current one has seen its better days. I was kind of wondering, - 10 years from now what would an unopened ipod touch be worth?

Dav