Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE FREE SAMPLE FODDER THREAD

1131415161719»

Comments

• The Conet Project: Recordings of Shortwave Numbers Stations -

• Watching this video, the guy mentioned a site where you can download lots of breakbeat/funk drumbreaks. This site has also lots of other free sample content.

The video:

the site:
    https://rhythm-lab.com

• edited May 2022

@Identor said:
    Watching this video, the guy mentioned a site where you can download lots of breakbeat/funk drumbreaks. This site has also lots of other free sample content.

The video:

the site:
    https://rhythm-lab.com

Forgot to mention, there are also a lot of RX2 samples (Ableton, Reason, Korg Gadget)

• Not sure if these were posted before here but I found these free Nord drum 3 samples on the Elektronauts Forum.
    https://www.elektronauts.com/t/huge-free-nord-drum-3-sample-pack/158985

• @Nathi94 said:
    Not sure if these were posted before here but I found these free Nord drum 3 samples on the Elektronauts Forum.

Thanks! I love this thread 😊

• @Nathi94 said:
    Not sure if these were posted before here but I found these free Nord drum 3 samples on the Elektronauts Forum.

Very cool. The Nord drum 3 has fantastic sounds. The kits have a really huge variety from realistic to crazy. It’s physical modeling, I believe. At the Eventide booth at Superbooth they had two of them to play with and although the devices are old it was of my favorite sessions I had with a device at the fair. If it wouldn’t be so pricey I would really buy one. It’s so much fun.

• Samples From Mars is celebrating 09-09 with 909 Loops for free till sep 29th
    500 loops, also in REX2 (going to try these in Gadget/Stockholm).

https://samplesfrommars.com/products/909-loops

Their other two 909 packs are $9.09

• King Tut's trumpets:

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

My dad passed away six years ago. He spent many of his last years obsessively collecting, researching, and tagging music and old time radio broadcasts, eventually amassing over 60,000 files. He always wanted to do something meaningful with these, but didn't know how.

I recently put up a streaming page with some 6,000 songs from this collection which are in the public domain and fully tagged as a bit of a remembrance for our family. TBH, none of us are likely to make use of it, but it was a nice little project for me.

So, I thought I'd post it here in case anyone wants to troll it for slightly different sampling material. There are recordings there ranging from the 1890's(!) to 1959. It's searchable, and all songs can be downloaded.

There's a small monthly cost to keep this up and running, so it won't likely be up there for too long. I'll update or remove this post if/when I do take it down.

http://52.52.71.207/ , username: guest, password: joeware. I have the best luck going to the "songs" tab and either searching or just hitting the randomize all button when listening.

• @wim said:
    My dad passed away six years ago. He spent many of his last years obsessively collecting, researching, and tagging music and old time radio broadcasts, eventually amassing over 60,000 files. He always wanted to do something meaningful with these, but didn't know how.

I recently put up a streaming page with some 6,000 songs from this collection which are in the public domain and fully tagged as a bit of a remembrance for our family. TBH, none of us are likely to make use of it, but it was a nice little project for me.

So, I thought I'd post it here in case anyone wants to troll it for slightly different sampling material. There are recordings there ranging from the 1890's(!) to 1959. It's searchable, and all songs can be downloaded.

There's a small monthly cost to keep this up and running, so it won't likely be up there for too long. I'll update or remove this post if/when I do take it down.

http://52.52.71.207/ , username: guest, password: joeware. I have the best luck going to the "songs" tab and either searching or just hitting the randomize all button when listening.

Amazing share, @wim ! Thank you.

A love of music is obviously a multi generational gift in your family.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

Amazing share, @wim ! Thank you.

A love of music is obviously a multi generational gift in your family.

Thanks for the kind words @gusgranite. 😎

With my dad it was an obsessive compulsion for collecting more than about the music itself. Let me tell you, it was a huge relief when he learned to collect bits 'n bytes rather than physical goods.

I'm phobic in the opposite direction after the myriads of different collecting phases he went through. Dammit if it didn't skip a generation and lodge firmly in my son though. 😖

• @wim Thank you so much for sharing this amazing collection. It's not my usual fare but I listened for hours last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Downloaded a few that I think would be super interesting as sample sources, too! Wish I could grab all 6000 of them just to listen but hadn't found a way to do that (like the UI otherwise, though!) plus wouldn't want to subject you to potential bandwidth charges. :wink: It's really a lovely tribute to your dad and even though it has been 6 years, I'm sorry for your loss. (Today's my mom's first birthday since her passing last October so it still feels near as I'm sure it still will in 5 more.) :heart:

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

Nice, @oddSTAR I'm glad you're enjoying it. When I posted I didn't expect anyone would find it useful. My dad would be thrilled to know that it's finally being appreciated by someone. 😂

I too am surprised that I can now enjoy listening to it. I never appreciated that collection back in the day. What I really find fascinating is how far back a few of those recordings go. I had no idea that it was possible to record audio as far back as 1890.

The portion of his collection that I posted is about 19gb. If you're really interested in downloading it, I could pretty easily set something up. I don't think it would impact my costs, which are trivial to begin with.

What I really should do is share some of the old time radio collection. There are countless hours of live radio shows - variety shows, drama, science fiction, mysteries. Those are where the real interesting sample fodder and entertainment lie.

• Thanks @wim very generous of you to share, and a cool way to honor his memory

• This is a really cool project @wim - archiving is the work of angels

• @wim - just came across this post; I love finding rare/off the beaten path sounds and this collection is very cool. What a great tribute to your dad, even if the music itself wasn't his passion. Thank you for sharing, hopefully you are able to keep this up longer, if not maybe I can throw you a few bucks to help with hosting while I look through it.

• @jerps said:
    @wim - just came across this post; I love finding rare/off the beaten path sounds and this collection is very cool. What a great tribute to your dad, even if the music itself wasn't his passion. Thank you for sharing, hopefully you are able to keep this up longer, if not maybe I can throw you a few bucks to help with hosting while I look through it.

Take your time. I'm in no hurry to take it down. It's not costing much to keep up.
    Cheers!